Jack Toft
Years ago

R13: Kings v United

HUGE game in Sydney tonight. 5th place Kings host the 4th placed United. Both teams have got big names coming back. McRae has been reported as being 100% and Childress will be back on deck. Last time Childress came back from a break, he went ballistic. Expect the same tonight.

Hard choice for Sydney Coach too. Jason "gun holsters" Cadee has averaged 13.5 ppg in his last four outings, vs 6 ppg for his first 12 games. Some of his minutes will be reduced this game, but he had certainly made a statement.

Perhaps that is the difference in the teams tonight. Last time they met without Childress, Sydney players stepped up and fought gallantly and Melbourne limped over the line in OT. Melbourne have the talent, but don't seem to lift when it comes to big games. This is a big game.

I'm tipping a Sydney win by about 6 tonight. No OT required.

Topic #36174 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

So many great reasons to watch this game, it is semi a play off for fourth (36'ers will also decide this spot), it has some serious talent on show, the game I believe is on TV and I am kind of getting sick of watching college bowl games to be honest...

Because it is in Sydney I will agree with you Jack, but I will go for O/T and a 4 point Kings victory...

Reply #508171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be interesting to see if some of the Kings players who have been playing well go back into watching JChill mode again.

Reply #508175 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Melbourne must win !

Reply #508180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bulls@&$ foul called on wortho

Reply #508188 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

how come one of the baselines dosent have seating? always wondered why

Reply #508191 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Corletto and Barlow unconscious from 3.

Kevin White unconscious from 3. Not in a good way!

Reply #508192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stephen Dennis actually reminds me a little of Dante Exum, the way he moves, and even the way he dunks. He has that length + speed combo which is a unique skill-set in any league.

Reply #508196 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

about dennis he hasnt even got full athleticism back after his Achilles tear

Reply #508197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fouls 18 melb to 20 Sydney

Reply #508199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oops meant 10 Sydney

Reply #508200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wortho is the man

Reply #508204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is this not on TV?

Reply #508206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about z flopping warning on garlepp?? No only wortho gets those

Reply #508207 | Report this post

Vodka 63  
Years ago

Looking forward to Boti's article about how Wortho should have got a tech for his flop and Kings should have had free throws

Reply #508209 | Report this post

annonymous  
Years ago

On TV at 9.30 delayed. Thanks Melbourne. Win on Sunday and the Sixers are 5th, then they are after your spot next !

Reply #508212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But if it comes down to head- to - head Adelaide is stuffed

Reply #508213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne running shuffle?

Reply #508218 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

"Thanks Melbourne. Win on Sunday and the Sixers are 5th, then they are after your spot next !"

I would have thought a Sydney win would have been better for Adelaide's chances of making the finals? Melbourne have strengthened their grip on 4th with this win.

Reply #508223 | Report this post

annonymous  
Years ago

It's about the run home Dazz. Knock Sydney out the way and hunt down Cairns and Melbourne. Other teams will do some of the work for them.

Reply #508224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JChill was out of sorts and not in great form after missing a few weeks although United put on a clinic in how to guard him.

They crowded him, made him drive middle with help and when he went to that spin move that he always does they brought another player over that he would spin into. He still got his free throws and some fast break points although not much else.

Wortho was great on both ends. He is really having a great season. Good to see as I thought he was on the way out the league in Luke Kendall fashion the way he finished last season.

Reply #508239 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Wortho was definitely the difference, although if he spent as much time getting back on D as he did whinging to the refs after nearly every bad play, he would be a superstar...

Kings were out of sorts last night, looked like it was one of their first games of the season again... terrible outside shooting, not getting any shooters open for proper shots again, no rebounding except for accident, really mind boggling subs at times, giving not just benchies, but players like White and Joyce too many minutes...

Now further away from fourth spot and 36ers and even Townsville catching up... Once again, Kings crumble under the press of must win games and it's really starting to piss me off...

Reply #508245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wortho has been the key for weeks and anyone should already know that.

Reply #508261 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:10 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754