Well Read
Years ago

VJBL Classic Venues

Does anyone know the outcome of proposed changes to the VJBL Classic venues?

I was told that associations were scheduled to be notified early-December where age groups would be playing, but haven't heard anything from my club or find anything online regarding this.

This decision (and lack thereof) affects accommodation etc, so I was hoping to find out asap.

Thanks in advance!

Topic #36183 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Send an email to vjbl after the 18th

Reply #508358 | Report this post

Well Read  
Years ago

I'm asking if anyone can answer my question, not tell me how to obtain the answer: I already know how to wait 2+ weeks to receive an email...

Reply #508363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahh Well Read, the question was answered. Nobody can tell you which venues will be used until after the 18th.

Let's just hope common sense prevails and the u16 & u18 Classic can be held together this year. Last year was disappointing.

Reply #508378 | Report this post

Well Read  
Years ago

Thanks - and pretty disappointing if true that the VJBL has neglected to communicate with associations a month after they committed to do so.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and the u12/14s will be hosted at MSAC and the u16/18s at the State Basketball Center, or vice versa.

Reply #508399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

State Basketball Centre doesnt have enough courts. You need 8 courts to run the event.

Reply #508400 | Report this post

Well Read  
Years ago

I must be thinking of a different stadium - I'm not from Vic, obviously.

Reply #508403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you might be thinking of Dandenong Stadium

Reply #508404 | Report this post

flamer  
Years ago

Werribee anyone??

Reply #508409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard Bendigo may be an option

Reply #508411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

VLBL Operations Officer is on leave until Jan 12.
A decision was to be made by end of Dec.
I assume they will release venues upon his return to work.

Reply #508412 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Will Werribee's new venue be completed by then, if so, yep I think that would be a great choice...

Reply #508429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was ok being split into smaller venues, Sandy did a great job of hosting 16s.

BV/VJBL need to get committed to the SBC too, it is a tragedy such a great stadium stands empty so often.

Reply #508452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was ridiculous that the 16s and 18s were not at the same venue. From reports both tournaments suffered. The atmosphere was non-existant. First thing mentioned to those still at MSAC. Terrible decision.

Reply #508474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I mainly hear complaints about MSAC from players and spectators.

Reply #508488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MSAC has plenty of courts, but it is so noisey when full you can't hear anything. Spectator seating, unless they arrange the show court area, is very poor. It is not a family friendly environment. There are many options out there better than MSAC now days and Werribee will be one of them.

Reply #508582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bendigo to get the nod.

Reply #508606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Attended last year's 18s girls and boys classic at Frankston and compared to other years / venues thought it was one of the better run set ups.

Reply #509268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please not Bendigo

Reply #509273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will we ever learn that people in basketball administration think they do a good job but realistically they are paid peanuts and you get worse than monkeys. You get monkeys with egos out of control.

Reply #509281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 12 & 14 - Dandenong, U16 - Sandringham, U18 State Basketball Centre

Reply #509598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bendigo have their own tournament classic weekend, so it won't be there

Reply #509631 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:51 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754