what the
Years ago

NBA overseas - Bogut in Oz?

China got a Yao Ming NBA game as a promo thing last season.

what would the chances be a promo game with Bogut here in Oz? Melbourne or Syndey

fair is fair

Topic #3620 | Report this topic

Degenerate  
Years ago

Remembering, Yao is 7'5 or something and is pretty a big star, Bogut would have to do a lot to get us an NBA game over here

Yao's Career Highlists include:
# Among NBA leaders, ranked seventh in field goal percentage, 13th in blocked shots per game and 15th rebounding average (2003-04)
# Through 2003-04, has yet to miss a game in his NBA career
# Named starting center for Western Conference All-Star team for second consecutive season (2004)
# Ranks third in Rockets history in career blocked shots per game and eighth in career blocked shots
# Has compiled 60 career double-doubles
# Earned first-ever Western Conference Player of the Week honors on 3/8/04
# Scored a career-high and Rockets individual season-high 41 points with 16 rebounds and a career-high seven assists vs. Atlanta on 2/22/04
# Scored 22 points with a Rockets individual season-high and career-high 20 rebounds vs. Detroit on 12/6/03
# Blocked a career-high seven shots vs. Miami on 11/11/03
# Voted The Sporting News Rookie of the Year by NBA executives
# Earned unanimous NBA All-Rookie First Team honors after averaging 13.5 points with 8.2 rebounds and 1.74 blocks in 82 games (2002-03)
# Reached three blocks 26 times, as Houston held a 22-4 record in these contests (2002-03)
# Started at center for the Western Conference in the 2003 NBA All-Star Game after ranking fourth overall in All-Star balloting with 1,286,324 votes
# Named Western Conference Rookie of the Month for December 2002
# Named Western Conference Rookie of the Month for February 2003
# Posted the highest field goal percentage in NBA history over a six-game stretch, making 31-of-35 shot attempts for an accuracy of 88.6 percent from 11/9/02 - 11/21/02
# Scored 20 points on a perfect nine-for-nine shooting against the LA Lakers on 11/17/02

Source: NBA.COM

Reply #42130 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nup, sorry, but I don't see an NBA game here. China's has sooo many damn people living in it it's a wonder people actually get out of bed.

Remember when Yao was about to get drafted, the NBA and the Rockets had to send representatives to China before the draft to offer goodies to the Chinese government for permission for Yao to play in the NBA. These games were part of the package, plus numerous training camps run the by the Rockets. I'm led to believe that Yao has a trade clause in his contract meaning that the Government has the final say.

I can't really see the Senator and Larry Harris rolling here to Canberra to met up with Little Johnny over a beer or two.

Whilst I think that Bogut will have similar rookie stats to Yao, and he's gotta be a chance to the All-Star game due to lack of decent centres in the East I don't believe that a NBA promo game will be heading to our shores.

Reply #42139 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:47 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754