LC
Years ago

R14: Kings vs Crocs

A four game losing streak has dropped the Sydney Kings three wins behind fourth placed Melbourne on the ladder. Last round saw them fall to Townsville by a point before United defeated them despite the return of Josh Childress. The Crocs' win over Sydney snapped a four game losing streak of their own but the enjoyment did not last long as Cairns got on top of them three days later, 79-75.

Preview: Kings, Crocs clinging on to finals hopes

I think the Kings may just be able to get this one in a close battle. Kings by 2.

Topic #36212 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Could be a case of who loses the game instead of who wins it. Both teams inconsistent throughout the season. Last game, Sydney needed to "eat the frog" and just get the job done against Melbourne. They didn't.

This should be a Kings win, but anything is possible - even a double double game from Jacob Holmes.

Reply #508956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Childress looking to stay which has to be a plus for everyone.

Reply #508969 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Both teams very capable of putting in the efforts to win it, but also to lose it...

I have to admit to being very worried that the Kings will come out with teh lack of effort as they did the last game... Hopefully Chill has shaken off the nerves after first game back and not re-injuring himself and the team has relaxed into having him in the team again, as last game it was like right at the start of the season all over again...

If CHill is allowed to do what he does best even 50% of the time and the Kings can manage to hit some outside shots, I think they might have it, but it all depends on what version of the team turns up... Time to get the fingers out, boys, time to start winning the games you have to win...

Reply #508971 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Madgen is a terrible receiver of the ball. Move your bloody feet !!!!

Reply #509032 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Shouldn't have had a write up knocking the name of another stadium.. The Fortress was reserved for the SIxers season last year winning all bar 1 home game.. Sacred and part of history now..

Reply #509038 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

What an offensive clinic by the Crocs. So many open shots.

As for the Kings no 1, no 5, not enough perimeter shooters, not enough rebounders, too many 1 on 5 offence. Their no 10 (Joyce) is shooting better than their no 1 (Perry). Teams have learned how to stop Childress' 1 on 5 drives. Better luck recruiting next year Sydney.

Reply #509039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha one good season and Adelaide become a fortress? Do you defend that fortress with a gate made of wooden spoons?

Reply #509040 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

So, here is the inconsistency in Umpiring. no call on the minor elbow to Ellis and the game is just stopped, no foul.. What the.. But, Creeks arm is hanging out of socket and begging to stop the game and release him form the court and nothing !!!! Seriously NBL.. Where is the Umpiring leadership and reviews.. What rubbish.. THis is why the switch to NBA is happening... The watcher knows what is going on and faith in the system..

Reply #509041 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Could have been any other stadium given a name. Pick one, but you just don't take it and recycle it. Be original.. What about we call the Melbourne Cairns game the Big guys Rumble... Dumb response.. IT is not about the SIxers, but the issue of originality in Sporting Journalism.. guess you didn't get it..

Reply #509042 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

An impressive performance from the visiting Townsville Crocodiles has lifted their spirits en route to a 98-89 triumph over the slumping Sydney Kings. The victory now puts the Crocs level on wins with the Kings with the two teams also tied with Adelaide all on seven wins.

Gladness fires as Crocs chomp Kings

Reply #509070 | Report this post

HeavyD  
Years ago

Long time Kings supporter but the level of frustration watching them play is hard to take. We are deficient in basically every spot other than wherever Childress is playing at any given time. Crocs zone whilst successful was boring to watch. Kings fault for their inability to find the right man at the right time and hit their shots. Hate to single out players but Duinker has been terrible. Can't fault the guys effort but he just brings nothing to the table although this admittedly was made more obvious in the absence of Brandt. But all that aside I will keep paying my hard earned and go to the Kingdome and cheer the boys on.

Reply #509076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOyal Kings supporter here and all I can say is Pathetic.

Reply #509079 | Report this post

SO  
Years ago

Another long time Kings supporter. Was at the game last night and agree with comments above. This is just a terrible team, Childress & Brandt aside. Madgen is also not the player he was. Can anyone explain how Kendrick Perry could manage to score a gig in the NBL. It staggers me. Not once did he go to the basket in the entire match. The Kings currently have the best and worst imports in the competition, plus they have some pretty average Aussie players.

Reply #509098 | Report this post

JWC  
Years ago

Agree with most of the above....Kings imports 17 points combined....Crocks imports 47 points.

Perry just isn't up to it. Kings should be looking to drop him and find a decent PG and keep him for at least the next season.

Agree that other teams have scouted Childress and his drives have become less effective. Cotter needs to change up the offense to find ways to confuse the defense and not just keep on doing the same thing.

Perhaps we should just be spreading the floor against man to man defenses, and let Childress go one on one down the middle.

Watching them play, I have no sense that players have a favorite spot on the floor where they are most effective and that plays are being designed to cater for these strengths.

The existing offense just isn't producing the goods.

This makes me wonder if Cotter is up to it as well.

Reply #509185 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

HOME TEAM
B. Madgen: -4
J. Cadee: 6
J. Childress: -10
J. Duinker: 2
T. Garlepp: -24
K. Perry: -14
C. Ellis: -2
D. Joyce: 1
M. Chol: 0

ROAD TEAM
M. Norton: 2
T. Blanchfield: 11
B. Conklin: 11
M. Gladness: -4
C. Steindl: -2
J. Holmes: -2
G. Vanderjagt: 13
S. Markovic: 7
L. Henry: 4
M. Djeric: 5

Reply #509361 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:40 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754