Jack Toft
Years ago

R14: Crocs v Taipans

This is Cairns season. They started well and have had all their ducks line up. Not so for the Crocs who have offered so much, but delivered so little. Reminds me of a certain all-girls private school in Adelaide...

The Taipans have got the Crocs by the tail leading the series 3-0 and with a 29 point split. This is the Crocs chance to build from their win against Sydney and at least make it 3-1. The Conk bagged 33 last time these teams met and he will need support from all his team mates if the Crocs are to steal this win.

The Taipans have an opportunity to finish Minor Premiers and will be going all out to get that honour. The Crocs still have a sniff of 4th place but really need to make the most of what's left of the season. This should be a close game with both teams wanting a win. The Crocs have only gone back to back wins once this season. Unless the Taipans get distracted by the poker machines at the RSL, it's their game to lose.

Taipans to end the Crocs season today.

Topic #36228 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

I hope the Crocs get up for this one and pinch a win.

Reply #509197 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

With Adelaide beating Melbourne this game takes on huge proportions for Townsville after they beat Sydney. Win today and they are just 2.5 games off fourth with Melbourne having a horror road double next round.

If Cairns win this they are certainly for real, because the Crocs couldn't have much more to play for coming off a big win.

Reply #509200 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Crocs will be complacent after a road win. Cairns will feast.

Reply #509231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Townsville have kind of always been my 2nd team since they started as the Suns so I'm hoping they get up today.

Plus the Crocs play a really entertaining brand of basketball.

Reply #509234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lighten up mick the game hasn't even started yet

Reply #509236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conklin a beast but also getting a lot of user friendly calls and no calls (in his favour).

Reply #509251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns win 78 - Crocs 73. In a close ending.

Reply #509253 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Crocs have lost so many winnable games. That comes down to leadership and coaching

Reply #509257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilbekin is the difference between the last two years and this year for Cairns. The last two years Cairns lost close games like Townsville have this year. Wilbekin plays with poise and controls the tempo in close games. It's not about the numbers with him. That's no disrespect to Wilson either as he is a very good player but Wilbekin is a beast. Townsville aren't far off the pace - if Markovic was healthy all year it would've made a difference. But they have choked heaps this year.

Reply #509258 | Report this post

greybuoy  
Years ago

Gotta agree with a lot of A..mous's observations, but in those games where Wilbekin has held up the ball to 'create something' for himself he has looked very like another itteration of Wilson: a handful but unhelpful. Fearne has critted him; it hasn't been a feature in recent games.
I'm being won over. Wilbekin's D is often extaordinary. His effort seems continuous. Offensively he's like watching a chess master. Clearly he carries the respect of the team, but there is also a new respect all round it seems. Taipans are a unit, a unit the talented but ununited Melbourne can only dream of being. I'm sad about that but love watching the evolution of true contenders.

Reply #509276 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Mick. Agree the crocs have been so frustrating and lost so many games in the last couple of minutes. I know you are not a fan of Dennis's coaching at times, but the boys continue with costly mistakes, and inability to finish in the clutch. Giving up offensive rebounds, steindl having the ball stripped on the three point line, vandy losing control of the ball as he's about to lay it in. Last couple of games, it was markovic coughing the ball up repeatedly, or missing clutch free throws.

The crocs are really playing well for the most part, but just dont have the killer instinct with the game on the line

Reply #509284 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Cairns once again looking ominous after they stalled for a brief period.

Cairns claim first ever Reptile Rumble sweep

When a big play was needed to be made in the fourth, Gliddon was there to step up.

Reply #509291 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754