Tom
Years ago

Tony Mitchell as Adelaide's replacement?

From ESPN
"On December 24, 2014, he was traded to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for Anthony Tolliver. However, the Suns waived him on January 9, 2015 before appearing in a game for them"
Very athletic SF/PF, would be a good fit for the squad.

Topic #36240 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they aren't bringing back DQ or other replacements mentioned then I highly doubt they'd be going heavy after this guy... Nice thought, but can't see it happening!

Reply #509453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe just wait to see who they go for rather than start a post on every guy waived in the NBA. Because this time of year there are a few!!!

Reply #509456 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Anon...Dean said there is no point bringing in a player just for the sake of it. The player they bring in needs to be one who will make an impact.

To me that hints at someone better and more pricey than DQ...DQ has been tried and didnt work so why revisit that now when they need someone who can win them games?

Reply #509461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Massingales available ;)

Reply #509473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They win games with dq. They lost like 7 straight when motum joined the team

Reply #509474 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Sources?

Reply #509492 | Report this post

bender  
Years ago

Iverson is available, maybe someone can talk Shaq out of retirement. Heck, maybe offer Magic Johnson part ownership and he might play.
Man, I'm so sick of people chucking out random names as a replacement. What's wrong with just going with what we got, rely on chemistry and if we don't make it save the cash for next year.

Reply #509504 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Bender...wont have the cash next year as they have to pay a back loaded contract to Motum.

Reply #509536 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

But won't be paying a back-loaded salary to Gibson (as they are this year) or an overpriced wage to Schenscher.

Reply #509559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bender couldn't disagree with your mindset towards success THIS season anymore. The chemistry hasn't worked enough as is, so as a pro team you make changes adjust. This isn't church basketball. Its a pro league, you should be expecting more as a fan, from the team you support.

Reply #509632 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

XY...you are correct in that they wont be paying those but Gibbo, Schenscher, Peach, Creek & Teys are all out of contract I believe. I think we will end up paying more for some of those than their current salaries - that's if we can re-sign them with the new Brisbane team coming in.

Reply #509698 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754