Years ago

Youth league to shut down?

Rumours that the youth league is going to be shutdown
Any truth to this?
what would be the consequencies ?

Topic #36256 | Report this topic

:  
Years ago

Why would they? 7 divisions in men (if you are talking about sa) 2 divs in women

Reply #509811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All that is going to happen is that Div 1 youth league will no longer be the main feeder league to the ABL.

BSA in their infinite wisdom has worked out that their concept doesn't work for anything other than making some money on the side.

Reply #509813 | Report this post

Sad  
Years ago

Apparently they want to put youth league on the same night as reserves and a lot of men's teams have youth league players also in reserves so this could make it hard for some clubs to field a team in each and from what I see a lot of clubs definitely wont be able to field teams in the women's programme!
So something will have to give!!!!!!!
Some clubs in Y/L or Reserves or maybe BSA
Stay Tuned :)

Reply #509936 | Report this post

Sad  
Years ago

Speaking of change, I've been hearing one of the so called Super clubs have been flexing their muscles again!!!!!!
We all know the two that are infamous for bending rules/by laws to suit themselves and seem to have BSA on side!!!!!
I'm now hearing that one of the two are enforcing a by law {supported by BSA} that will not allow the new Premier League to be played to its fall potential !
At this stage all I have to say if BSA truly want to see the Premier League succeed and to become the flagship of South Australian basketball, that common sense will prevail and there will be a level playing field with close games fought out hard on the court and not just Financial, elitist clubs dominating
Confused?
Stay tuned for breaking news and the developing story

Reply #509941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why don't you just tell us now?

Or are you just talking about how Foretville aren't clearing a player because the by-laws say they don't have too.

I'm sure you'd be screaming blue murder if it was going the other way.

Reply #509943 | Report this post

Well Read  
Years ago

Sad, you've lived up to your pseudonym. Congratulations on meeting your "fall potential".

Reply #509946 | Report this post

Sad  
Years ago

Well Anon!
I'm not saying if your right or wrong with that guess!!!!
But I do know of a club last year who released a lot more players than they had to , in the spirit of the game and I didn't hear them screaming blue murder.
Some coaches just need to accept they aren't liked or people have decided to move in a different direction, instead of holding peoples lives to ransom and scared if they loose that player they might not be able to win.
I understand why that by law would have been made, to protect clubs and players but also some common sense should prevail !!!!!!!!!
New league , lets start fresh, no grudges and no manipulating, but that is only one opinion and also may not be what I was originally referring to , but good topic, any more opinions?
It has been boring here with club basketball on break with Xmas so lets get the ball rolling!!!!!

Reply #509972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is S.A. right? Not Youth League anywhere else?

Reply #510138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Presidents should stick to facebook posts and not this forum

Reply #510349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Common Sad,

Put up or shut up!!!

Just cause your club was foolish enough to let everyone leave because the coach let it happen and it lead to you not having any decent players left doesn't mean other clubs should be a stupid.

Reply #510370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone tell me which players left were decent???

Reply #510380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its all a relative scale.

Reply #510453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

which players left from where?

Reply #510564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh where oh where has Sad gone after getting shot down???

Reply #510610 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

if this is happening when is BSA going to announce it?

Reply #510614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA dont believe in announcing things because if they do people will make suggestions to change them and then they have to communicate.

Reply #510624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe BSA haven't announced it as there is nothing to announce. Just some people thinking they know what is happening without any substance when starting rumours!!

Reply #510721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes out BSA

Senior Reserves will be classed as the second grade to Premier League not U23's but U23's youth league still to exist if team are entered

Reply #510725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it was announced all in the new premier league blurb that went out back late last year.

Reply #510729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back in the BSA blurb re Premier League it had both the U23 and Resere leagues to be entered by all clubs.

Nothing changed unless it happens between now and the start of the season.

Reply #510750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA probably haven't announced it yet because they probably haven't decided what they are doing yet....

Reply #510758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yawn!!! Let's deal with facts for once.

I heard there was a chance that some CABL clubs looking to enter SEABL - go your hardest on that rumour

Reply #510788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another I'll informed rumour!!

Reply #516230 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:32 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754