Anonymous
Years ago

Fans at Bendigo Rangers game

It's great to see so many fans at this game but quite honestly those fans with horns spoil it for every one else with the constant blowing all dam game. Time the organisers stopped this as it's actually damaging to kids ears never mind distracting to players officials and spectators alike

Topic #36261 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the musics too loud, your......

Reply #509964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's not music, I'm all for loud spectators but that just went non stop for the entire game that's ridiculous and actually classed as noise pollution. People need to have some respect, everyone has paid to go watch their team play, great to be loud and supportive, but not annoying and spoiling it for others. It's also damaging to people's hearing if they are too close so really a Heath and safety issue. Music is turned on and off it's also used to pump up a crowd, but the continual droning noise of those horns just ends up getting people down. Quite a few walked out because of it, 2 hrs of that continual blowing is just unacceptable, the management should at least think of the majority of spectators, as really it's only a few that do this every single bendigo game, but tonight it just went none stop.

Reply #509966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find the Spirit fans travel with those wherever they go and that also you're not the only person to mention this.. But what can you do because it's people getting behind their team. I agree with your points, but realistically if you ban them you've got to ban a lot of things. No different to the lady who screams or the Carlton supporter at the footy who can't handle his alcohol, you just have to deal with it. Unfortunate yes, reality also yes.

Reply #509970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most real venues ban them. Downside of playing in local basketball stadiums they don't have they same level of event professionalism.

Reply #509971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well the footy fan who can't handle his alcohol is chucked out, the spectator who screams would soon loose their voice after two hrs none stop, these horns are banned at most venues, it's time the wnbl put their foot down, it's fine to be ardent supporter but not to the detriment of other spectators, so many people were complaining, and yes I have seen them at all the bendigo games , they have absolutely no regard or respect for others. Bendigo should pull them up for it too

Reply #509976 | Report this post

sammy  
Years ago

horns are great. bit of passion from the supporters and creates an atmosphere

Reply #509986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The vuvuzela horns are a blight on sport, and the Bendigo supporters who insist on using them need to find another way to channel their (otherwise admirable) enthusiasm for their team.

Don't ruin the experience for others - it might create a 'great atmosphere' for others who are at the OPPOSITE site of the stadium, but I can guarantee that the poor buggers who have to sit right next to you or behind you aren't enjoying the experience..

Reply #510015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The constant hornblowers tonight were not the Spirit fans but 3 Rangers fans. Spirit Army loud as usual but supporting their team, not trying to distract the opposition.

Reply #510023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't matter who had them, they are inconsiderate idiots to have them going all game, management should do something about it, won't bother going to see another game with bendigo ever again, as rangers fans don't usually have horns I'd say it was due to the bendigo supporters who always have them

Reply #510037 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

The music was definitely not played loud at all nor very often. But those horns have to go. They were in the hands of a very lovely and passionate Rangers family that have special needs kids so their ability to recognize the irritability of the horns may not exist. As for the Bendigo supporters who blow them I don't know what their reasoning is. I too would like to see the horns incinerated and banned from indoor sport.

Reply #510054 | Report this post

Big V  
Years ago

The Cricket World Cup has banned them in outdoor arenas. Everyone knows its to annoy, not to support!! Indoors it's even worse. Don't care who is using them got to go!

Reply #510063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #510158 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

If they're used at APPROPRIATE times, fouls shots/big 3/big play etc.

I don't see a problem with it myself. But if they're going almost non stop the entire game, that's a bit different.

If it was some special needs kids as well that someone mentioned, I guess it was just a bit of a lemon game.

Reply #511095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous = sook

Reply #511097 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

Brings a little bit of life into our game as well, if we got a couple of thousand to attend each game it would be a different story.

As long as they're used APPROPRIATELY I don't see an issue.

Reply #511105 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:17 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754