LC
Years ago

R15: United vs Breakers

A top 4 clash over in New Zealand today.

United need a win to consolidate their place in the top 4, while the Breakers are pushing to top the table.

In what will be Mika Vukona's 200th consecutive game, New Zealand have enough to play for as they look to retain top spot on the ladder.

I reckon NZ by 5 against an up and down United.

Preview: United seeking atonement against Breakers

Topic #36269 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

To say 6ers need nz to win this is an understatement..this one is as good as a 6ers win!!

Reply #510178 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Anyones game. 50-46. Its real tight and shows how evenly matched these two are. Bundle of turnovers by both teams.

Reply #510204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kiwis up by 7 at the start of the 4th.

Reply #510206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jackson in track for a triple double according to the commentators with just over 3mins to go.

Reply #510208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jackson 15pts 11 assists 10 rebounds 3 steals.

Reply #510209 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Cedric having a big night in front of his Parents who are visiting Auckland.
His second NBL triple double.

McRae well defended in a very physical contest.

Reply #510211 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Heritage week in full effect with the refs not bringing any whistles ala 2012/13! NZ just too deep, so many players who can hurt you at different times.

Jackson reminding everyone there is a superstar not named Childress in the league, and Melbourne showing some serious starch on the boards for the first time this season.

They'll be shattered to lose despite such a big game on the glass, but if they board like that the rest of the season they might scrape into the playoffs.

Reply #510252 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

NZ's win over United has IMO put Adelaide in with a real crack at 4th now. It is now in Adelaide's hands.

Cedric Jackson leads Breakers over United

Reply #510284 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Breakers too good in end, thanks to horrible game by Jordan McRae and a triple double from CJ. When United get down I don't see them ever showing poise and will to get up. D Mac's attitude and demeanour prevents this. He just gets too down on his players and the longer the season the worse I think they will get.

Reply #510325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with Tom - DMac gets too down on his players. I haven't seen him once say anything positive to his team. I feel that this reflects in their play at times too.

Reply #510329 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Cedric Jackson's return has been something that has been great for the standard of the league but man do I wish he'd just stayed away!

Reply #510353 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

HOME TEAM
C. Jackson: 24
C. Webster: 16
T. Abercrombie: 16
M. VUKONA: 16
R. Carter: -11
A. Pledger: 1
E. Ibekwe: 6
T. Wesley: 0
R. Te Rangi: -3

ROAD TEAM
S. Dennis: -10
D. Kickert: -4
D. Barlow: -5
M. Worthington: -12
J. McRae: -17
C. Patton: -9
L. Walker: 1
O. Odigie: -6
N. Tomlinson: -3
D. Corletto: 0

Reply #510425 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754