Happy Days
Years ago

Big V Pre Season Tournament at Dandenong

Maybe i've been living under a rock but i just saw that Dandenong was awarded the tender for the Big V Pre Season Tournament.You would think a good venue for a tournament like this.

Topic #36282 | Report this topic

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Great venue for it...easy access with the freeway and a good facility.

Reply #510519 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Great venue for it...easy access with the freeway and a good facility.

Reply #510520 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Tournament one week b4 season starts? Recipe for injuries etc. Many clubs and teams avoid it. Just revenue raising for Big V imho!

Reply #510526 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Probably a good chance play your kids and give them court time.Teams certainly went hard at it last year and looked a bit banged up.I know some coaches who avoid it.

Reply #510528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully not short games like last year!

Reply #510531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will not be entering my team. Consider the Ballarat Tournament who are having a Premier Division, 1 game per game, 8 min qtrs, clock stop all whistles with shot clock. $1000 prize money for winner.

Reply #510535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1 game per *day

Reply #510537 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Incredible it is still running one week before the season.

Reply #510539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tourny will always be that weekend because that allows for three days.

you would have to push the start of the season by one week if you wanted a larger gap in between

Reply #510543 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Exactly. Seems like a no-brainer.

Reply #510549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won`t happen though Paul, There was a lot of Byes in 2014 though so I am sure it is viable.

Reply #510551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cannot for the life of me understand why they persist with this the weekend before seasons opener..

Push the season forward a week and give it a gap.

Reply #510586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the amount of teams that pull out on the Monday they could run it the weekend before the long weekend without any issues. This would give all players etc an extra long weekend break before season started which I'm sure would be appreciated from all those involved.

Reply #510596 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

But if they run the weekend before they clash with junior domestic basketball at almost every venue in Melbourne.

Its about filling an empty stadium versus a full one.

Reply #510629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KEEP THE TOURNAMENT ON THE LONG WEEKEND!!

Just shift the season a week further forward..

Its not rocket science.

Reply #510651 | Report this post

Baller6  
Years ago

Selfishly I like it as you get to see quite a few teams in the same space, I think you will also find a lot of the younger players look forward to it but the Vets sometimes would rather skip.

Reply #510680 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

I am with you - you didn't need to yell at us.

The BigV seasons seems to finish ridiculously early compared to the rest of the state league competitions.

Reply #510697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEABL shifted the start of the season to Mid April this year partly to stop the conflict with the WNBL/NBL..

BigV need to wake up and get with it if they want the tournament to be a success.

Reply #510715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find the tournement makes a lot of money for whoe ever hosts it so they wont see a need to change it.

Reply #510716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AGAIN, they dont need to change the Tournament, they need to start the season 2 weeks after it, that way FAR more teams would participate and the host will make far more money..

Seems too logical doesnt it...

Reply #510728 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

The season wont be pushed at as it would prevent players who are returning to college playing finals.

Reply #510779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares? Seriously, why are we pandering to the timetables of colleges?

Reply #510793 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

anon, isn't they why the youth leagues start and finish early - makes no sense for the others?

Reply #510804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot on HO. College bound kids should be in YL not Div's anyway..

Reply #510825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That tourney is just a money making exercise

Reply #510845 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

If it's not mandatory for big v teams to play in it why are you guys bashing it? Don't like it ...dont play....

Reply #510855 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Grant Johnson signs with Bendigo Braves.

Reply #510971 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

just for the pre-season tournament HD?

Reply #511019 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

He actually came out with Prossin Sports to play in last years pre season tournament but was signed in the week before the tournament started. Prossin is bringing out another group of Americans this year but i dont know who has signed on yet.

Reply #511025 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:32 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754