Anonymous
Years ago

Hawks go retro with ticket prices

Hawks have set all adult tickets to $19.86 for the Heritage game against 36ers. That's a massive saving for the lower bowl areas. Hopefully the public responds.
https://www.facebook.com/wollongonghawks

Topic #36283 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Great idea.

Reply #510553 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Still shows you how expensive NBL tickets are.

As I mentioned in these types of threads in the past, I can get tickets to the best domestic Rugby Union comp in the world (Super Rugby) for $10 an adult.

Absolute steal.

Reply #510560 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

More than that Macdub, SR isn't even a domestic comp, its an intercontinental champions league really (just with fixed teams). Cream of three nations. But when you don't have a rich broadcast deal, you need to get the money somewhere.

Reply #510562 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Supply and Demand

Reply #510565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

retro pricing only by the digits used not by actual cost. typical nbl

Reply #510576 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

And sit outside in the pouring rain.

Reply #510582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rain during an nbl game... that takes me back to the winter league... retro!

Reply #510587 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

How funny is that!
Nobody watches Union that's why they are $10.....

Bad example!

Reply #510647 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Nathan,

Yep, you've hit the nail on the head. The SR broadcast deal is massive.

The domestic NZ Rugby comp (the ITM cup) secured an absolutely incredible TV deal this past season.

The ITM cup was broadcast to 130+ countries internationally. The Kiwis in Aussie loved it as every game was on Fox.

Reply #510648 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBL clubs (ignore Perth as an outlier) don't need to offer $10 tickets across the board, they just need to make sure there is a good quantity at a reasonable price (say $25 rather than $35) and then have the nosebleeds around $15 rather than $25.

When the 36ers had their $10 tickets against the Crocs, I think they would've had a better return (e.g., not lost too many sales) if the adult tickets at least were $15.

Reply #510661 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Cheap nosebleeds are the way to go IMO.

I think if you are overpricing the nosebleed seats, you are effectively missing out on/turning away on a large base of the population (University students and younger people).

Hamilton, NZ where the Cheifs Super Rugby team play is a University city (50k students in a 220k odd total population).

The "Green Zone" is littered with University Students. $10 tickets. Great times.

I don't know what regional NBL teams are centered around Universities..Wollongong? Cairns? Townsville?

Reply #510666 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Instead of $15 nosebleeds, I would go for $20, but throw in a can of drink.

Reply #510682 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I don't think cheap nosebleeds work unless you're going close to filling your stadium.

If you have plenty of empty seats each week, then the price of some of your main ticketing categories is the one you should reduce and promote.

It worked for Adelaide with the silver seats, where there are still plenty of good viewing seats and people buying them are amongst the thick of the atmosphere.

Reply #510687 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

MACDUB

Townsville has a big military presence (one of the largest Army Barracks in Australia) followed by the Uni...

not sure what the other regional centres have...

But agree nose bleeds should be 10 shit bits... worked well for the 6ers last sunday... can not remember the last time there was over 6k at a sunday afternoon game...

Reply #510690 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

It's good to see lots of teams doing that this year. NBL tickets have long been way too expensive.

Reply #510754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good idea Jack. Many Sixers fans are already a few cans short.

Reply #510756 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754