Sturty6ers
Years ago

Talking Hoops Last Night

Before Bizzy gets in.....

Topic #3632 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

thats hilarious !!... i was thinking the same thing .. Basketball icon Isaac?

(Mod: I've run out!)

Reply #42309 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Hahahaha actually wasn't going to post that this week sturty. Nice work though!

Reply #42314 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

i only heard part way through the Marty Clark interview...

he talked briefly about the SA boys there (jingles, Pinny and B.Hill) and their intentions after the tut.

(Marty let slip that Joe was intending to return to the sixers. Is this the rookie signing for 2006/2007?)

Liam asked about Dean Kinsman,

Marty then talked about kids coming to the tut (mentioned Dodman, P.Mills from canberra, not sure who else?)

Also talked shortly about Bogut, being the Asst crocs coach.

Liam's US wrap included talk about Bogut, and the Summer League's underway at the moment.

There were crosses to the dome with the ticket drive. Talked to Coop and Mark Davis.

Wrap up of the ABL games. Upcoming finals, finishing off with small talk about the womens teams in body suits.

Reply #42338 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I spoke to David Spear and heard that the sixers are still pushing hard for Paul Rogers.
Well done Sixers Admin don't go down without a fight!!

Reply #42347 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Yeah Kriss,

They certainly are trying hard to get Rogers.

How awesome will our off-season be if we get Rogers!

I've been as tough on 36ers admin in the past as anyone but I must say if they manage to replace Williams, Ng and Gower with Hill, Nash and Rogers then that is one heck of an off-season.

Not only that but re-signing all key guys like Maher, Farley, Dusty, Holmes, etc wouldn't have been easy

Question is, do other forum users believe that crowds will increase substantially (either past fans returning or bandwagoners) if the 36ers sign Rogers and get some early wins on the board or do you think crowd numbers will stay much the same as last season?

Reply #42481 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Aaaw, not fair. How come Dr. D got a basketball and not me.

I never get those flaming basketballs.....

That's it, never posting again...

Reply #42510 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I must be the only one who doesn't find Bizzy jokes funny!

Reply #42526 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

What Isaac?! Good 'ol Bizzy?! The man who uses exclamation marks evry post! His good ol' posts are full of good ol' jokes!

Reply #42529 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, I meant that I don't really award little basketballs for people making jokes at Bizzy's expense. Yeah, he posts a lot, but so do I!

And if anyone should complain about someone posting a lot, it should be the person who receives 150 emails/day just from forum alerts when people post...

Everyone has their role within the forum ecosystem... Bizzy's role might just be to make me wish that I got 5 cents every time someone posted. :P

Reply #42531 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Ok everyone it seems my post aren't hoops worthy, should I stop posting then?

(Mod: No, keep posting.)

Reply #42534 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Stephon, do you really think it's been an awesome "off-season" as you suggested? Recruitment wise we haven't signed anyone new that didn't play last season at some stage, and last season was a bit disappointing, so why not recruit some new blood? Agreed if we sign Rogers he will be another big body that we need, but I don't think he's going to be the MVP he once was. And by the sounds off it he basically fell in management's lap. We didn't chase Bradkte who said he would like to play in Adelaide, we didn't chase Moore, we didn't chase anybody, so how has the recruiting been good?

Reply #42537 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

No Bizzy, just having a laugh. Your posts are enthusiastic and you obviously have a passion for the game.

You should see a doctor about the RSI from clicking the mouse button on the "POST" icon though. :)

Reply #42548 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

lol, it's getting that way ahahah. But seriously I just leave the hoops window open at work and go from there. When work is slow I get bored.

Reply #42549 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Hey Panther,

If they manage to sign Rogers then yes, I think it will be an excellent off-season.

Like I said:

Rogers, Hill, Nash in.

Williams, Ng, Gower out = huge improvement in my opinion.

I'd probably take it more for granted if we had Eddy Groves in charge splashing around the dollars. Such an off-season may even be expected.

However, with the 36ers limited resources and reluctance to breach the rules, from a personal standpoint I will be very happy with such an off-season.

It was only a couple of months ago where Maher was in serious doubt, Farley was gone and it was looking like we couldn't even fit in Rees.

Hambour and Bungey were being talked about as the back-up bigmen options to Cooper.

Maybe it is more relief that it wasn't a catastrophic off-season as opposed to an 'awesome' off-season.

Bradtke and Moore both wanted serious cash so were never options. Besides, if Rogers signs and is healthy then I will be happier with him than either of those two.

The other big name free agents were guys like Saville, Sam Mackinnon, Harvey, Anstey all of which would have been very unlikely to come to Adelaide even if we had the cap room. I certainly wouldn't have cut anyone for the 'chance' of signing one of these players.

Going into the off-season I posted that if we could sign a decent back-up big man such as Moore or Hinder in place of Rees and Nash, + re-sign the rest of the team then I would rate that as a success.

If we manage to get Rogers AND keep Rees and Nash then I will be very happy with the line-up the coaches and management have delivered.

Reply #42570 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, you've given me a great idea. Why not collect 5 cents from every post on this forum. You can then donate it to the Sixers club to ensure their long term financial stability. They may even use some to improve half time entertainment.

Reply #42630 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:27 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754