Tom
Years ago

Daniel Johnson's form from here?

Does everyone on here think that DJ will return to his previous form with Brock in the lineup?

Topic #36325 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

He will better, as he will be a more all rounded player. Especially defensively. He is no longer required to have every single offence run through him, can now be just as effective as diversion and floor spacer. So yes.

Reply #511657 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Probably not this season, but I imagine there will be a game or two where he produces his old form. At times on the weekend his defence looked like it had regressed, but hopefully Wright can get him back to last year's level.

Reply #511661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loved his improved defence against the Kings yesterday, I wouldn't expect him to return to his best offensively this season though.

Reply #511664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasn't played a lot of mins overseas and what he did play was at a slower tempo than here. As a result, his touch is a little out of whack at the moment as is his feel for the speed of the game.

He'll get there...too talented not to.

Reply #511700 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

8 points, 4 assists and 4 blocks on a team that just beat a top 2 team with Ex NBA in for 3/4 of the time is nothing to be sneezed at.. along with him competing with the rest of the talent for opportunity to put the numbers on the stat line... I'm happy...

Reply #511720 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's one way of looking at it. Against a team that's 2-6 in the past five weeks with the weakest 4/5s in the league is another! But yes, as a 36ers fan you would have to be happy to see him running around and showing some glimpses of his best form. He's a championship x-factor.

Reply #511724 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

The way Petrie, Motum and Schenscher are playing, Johnson gives the 36ers the capability of having a starting quality front court throughout every game. Against Wollongong he executed a couple of high-low combinations with Motum and Schenscher that were beautiful. And that was his first game back.

I expect him to contribute substantially to 36ers' run to the finals and in the finals themselves. It may not always show in his points scored but, like paul, I foresee him having a couple of huge games. The 36ers also are much better able to cope with any more injuries to a big man. To quote Timbuk 3, "the future's so bright, I gotta wear shades"

Reply #511784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guy is a stud, will have a major impact against the Crocs as his ,minutes will go up. If Adelaide get a sniff at finals, its not looking good for the other team. Everyone around them is very getable in a 3 game series.

Reply #511798 | Report this post

Blitz101  
Years ago

Did they sign him for a multi year deal or will head back overseas or can you not sign a multi year deal when he is a injury replacement ?

Reply #511828 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Injury replacement, sign next season long term ??

Reply #511838 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

Hope he doesnt get too much better or he might not stay here. Just a small improvement, get back his 3 point game and a few moves to the ring. Keep the rest of his improvement till he's signed again.

Reply #511933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he gonna dominate in beast mode and there will be threads about it

Reply #511951 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754