KoOlNeSs
Years ago

Central Districts Have A Sook At Barossa Carnival!

i cant believe u bloody sooks acted the way u did... i dont think i have ever heard anyone complain so bad! but anywayz... u got ur trophy against torrens valley! hahahahaha but u jus were 2 scared to play the MIGHTY MAGIC!!! i have no respect for yas!

(Mod: Go go English language!)

Topic #3633 | Report this topic

I Know All  
Years ago

Well if the magic didn't brake the rules mate & having more than the allowed division 1 players then there probably wouldn't of been a problem. Sounds like you guys were the ones chasing the trophy!!!!!!

Reply #42313 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Now now Koolness no need for the language. Think you just needa relax!!

Reply #42315 | Report this post

KoOlNeSs  
Years ago

thats kool... no language need... btw... i dont play for magic... jus thought they deserved it more... and going around callin em lyers n cheats wasnt the right thing to do... :o)

Reply #42316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

seems like Centrals have a sook about everything these days if they cant win

Reply #42319 | Report this post

fudgeman  
Years ago

and they dont win too often either

Reply #42323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree with that one

Reply #42327 | Report this post

up top  
Years ago

no one was goin round calling magic lyers and cheats. my team wasnt even to bothered 2 play them even tho we new wed probly lose. we just herd that they mite get disqualified n then the next thing we herd they had.

Reply #42346 | Report this post

where  
Years ago

please explain, who was involved and what grade was this in relation too and who were the players involved?

Reply #42370 | Report this post

By the way "Koolness", not only is your grammar atrocious but so is your English. The word is Liar not "lyers" and if you are going to cast any aspersions about a club and their behaviour try having some proof to back up your statement.

Reply #42376 | Report this post

number 50  
Years ago

koolness u think they deserved it more,they may have been the better team in the carnival but that is because they broke the rules . how can they be more deserving if they break the rules they were playing against div 2 and 3 players of course they are going to win.

Reply #42377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

herd as in cattle

or heard as in hearing and understood

starts kindy class 101 for the children

typos are allowed

bad spelling is not

best i've seen is aldigment for alignment

Reply #42383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that's the best? check out this abolsute classic

its about 1/3 the way down post (#42022)

Reply #42394 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

You sure you post is LAGIDAMENT anonymous?

Reply #42395 | Report this post

Pickles  
Years ago

what barossa carnival are you talking about??

Reply #42396 | Report this post

penn4  
Years ago

KolNeSs

Respect, Magic Under 18s have no respect for anyone else in the manner in which they went about stacking their team.

And no respect for their respective district clubs that they play for.

We had a new club play at the Barossa carnival, what a great impression Magic players set as district club member players. Well done boys. NOT!

I wonder what their respective Club officials would think are thinking.

Going buy what is been said, it's alright for a teams to cheat and load there teams with players to obtain a trophy. Is that correct? I think not!

Lets see, out of a team called Magic made up of district players playing in a DIV 2 DIV 3 competition. I'm told and I know some are from Woodville and West? I put a question mark on West that would have to be confirmed. We only had confirmation proof about Woodville. Magic ran 4 DIV 1 players from Woodville in that team and like I said that was confirmed. Also one of the magic players was had played state I don't know if he still does. But that's beside the point.

The competition rule stated that each team could have only 1 DIV 1 or State player in their team.

If you put a team of DIV 1 players in a DIV 2 DIV 3 and lower comp, who do you think will win and has the major advantage. Makes a mockery out of what he Carnival was set up for.

Sportsmanship and abiding by the codes on conduct in sport??? Hmmm and I do know that BASSA expects all teams, players to abide by and act in a sportsman like manner and abide by all Junior bylaws no matter where you go or play.

I wonder what BASSA thinks of what happened.

I dare say they are not two impressed.

Especially the club officials from the 3 teams they beat, when they found out what they did.

Sooks???

There were 6 teams in that comp Magic being one of them.

Who's the bigger sook!

Magic because they could not win without stacking their team?

Or the rest of the teams for abiding by the rules? And making sure every team has a fair opportunity to play on a fair playing arena?

My players are the ones that missed out on a semi final spot but did you see a post about what happened from any of us first thing Monday morning. NO! Who's the sook?

Only now in reply to the original post here.

It makes it hard to ask teams to come to our carnivals knowing that they wont get anywhere if teams do what Magic did.

I do hope that the other district club players in that team are not DIV 1 players.

I'd hate to think that now whenever a team from the country or interstate wants to come to play in one of our carnivals, their first thought is, I wonder if they are going to stack there teams to win.

Absolutely brilliant guys well done, great ambassadors for sport in SA. NOT!

Totally disappointed as I have said previously.

Good players and teams may play good basketball but will never be great players and teams without respect.

Because great players and teams respect their team, club and other teams, players and respective clubs, whether they win or not.

Magic had no respect for any of the other 5 teams playing in the Barossa carnival. If they did they would not have run with 4 DIV 1 players.

Comment of the Day at the Carnival.

We have one DIV 1 player and two part time DIV 1 players, playing in the team. ????

Hello! you could only have 1 DIV 1 player.

That was the response to the first please explain question from officials when asked.

I was told when I went to enquire originally with the officials to join the long list. That was after we played them.

Part time basketball? Look out for casual players coming soon to you, or try a part time player two for one offer. What a joke.

So KoineSs, you need to make sure what your saying is accurate.

Because there is a lot more to what happened than you know.

Amazed to think that people think it is OK to cheat and stack a team.

Looks like the people that needed to bring it to BASSAs attention don't have to you've done it all by yourself I hope your not mates with any of those boys, they are not going to be to happy with you.

It was sorted out at the carnival you should have left it as it was.

regards Penn4

Reply #42397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that is the longest post of orignal work i have ever seen on this site!

Reply #42405 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

Pfft! You call that LONG!? :P

Reply #42410 | Report this post

KoOlNeSs  
Years ago

mate... there was 1 div one player and 2 of them rotate through div one and 2... plus barossa officials have had the team list for a long time (same team for a few years now)... and have they ever complained be4? NO! and they said that they put down a false or changed name or something because two boys have similar last names from the score sheet centrals gave them. JACKSON AMOS who plays div one and who wasnt there and JACK HAINES who plays div 3 or 4!... apparently they r the same person... plus it was all fine after the 1st day... then we got DQ... then we had a talk n it was fine... then we got DQ AGAIN!!! how can u say they didnt get screwed over.?

i apologise for any dig at the centrals club because they have some great players... i know coz ive played them!! but the magic boys have been coming up to that carnival with the same team for years... they have seen the boys grow... and yet this year was our last year but we got screwed over... the officails should have notified magic on these discrepencies weeks ago... then we could have shown the correct proof... all things aside... centrals div 2 would have beaten magic anywayz...

hope theres no hard feelings PENN4 :o)

Reply #42426 | Report this post

KoOlNeSs  
Years ago

also appologies to magic for stickin my nose in their business... i love u guys!

Reply #42428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

question though why would BASA be interested if a club runs a carnival aka Norwood's easter carnival it is not a BASA run event.

aka Lampshire not being before a BASA tribunal as it was up to the norwood tribunal etc etc

Reply #42444 | Report this post

been there  
Years ago

we gave up on the barossa carnival a few years ago

it was a dog's breakfast

they new who had what graded players there - and then they waited to GF to tell everyone they were disqualified

suck in - come up , play, register, get accepted - then get disqualified on the GF hour

they would have to do some serious improvement to get my district team up there again

Reply #42464 | Report this post

been there  
Years ago

sorry "knew" not new !

doh

Reply #42465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players that stack teams to win a carnival are not true sportsmen. As a player I can understand people want to have a bit of fun and get away from the seriouse side of District basketball. The fact that it takes the chance for less gifted players to win a cup is what I don't like.Makes you really wonder if these players have what it takes to make it at a higher level. The question one must ask is if these guys are giving it all in their district competition or they are letting down their team mates that are keen to play at their best possible level. I do not see how any of the Magic players can be upset at being disqualified or how they can not be ashamed of what they did.

Reply #42518 | Report this post

AsIseeIt  
Years ago

Rules are rules and THIS time Magic got caught out.
Just look back at 2004 Barossa Carnival- players not even listed coming off the bench in the GF once the Magic had faded.

Reply #42532 | Report this post

Once again it's the "big fish in a small pond syndrome" some player just want to been seen as a great player against a lower standard player in a competition of relatively no importance than test there own skill or determination and fail against player of the same standard.

Big shot ultra ego loud mouths that have to tell everyone how good he or she are but have never looked for a greater challenge that a few street pick up game.

Not insinuating that this applied to the Northern Magic basketball team but it's a situation that occurs in many basketball stadiums worldwide, anyone who has been around a basketball stadium for longer than 5 mins will be able to identify theses players in question. .

Reply #42538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

were they beating teams by huge margins

Reply #42545 | Report this post

penn4  
Years ago

Anon #42545

Yes, they won all their games, as one would expect them to with the players they ran.

Lead up games

1. Magic 75 v 26 Cougers

2. Magic 71-81? v 47 Centrals 2

3. Don't know the score I think it was Barossa they played Magic won easily. When I saw part of the game they were 15 points ahead. Didn't say to watch.

Centrals 2 beat Barossa by 25pts?

I don't know what the final score in the Semi between Cougers and Magic, Magic won.

You'll have to check with the Barossa Basketball club for exact score on all the games.

Magic play well but they were in the wrong Carnival for the level of players they fronted with.

Play by the rules.

regards penn4

Reply #42557 | Report this post

Eddie #55  
Years ago

The next bit that doesn't make sense is Torrens Valley going through to the grand final when they finished fourth.

Centrals played the Mullets in the other semi for 2nd and 3rd.

Just because Torrens Valley got lucky and played the team that would later be DQ'd then they go through to the grand final when it would have been much better to see a rematch of the other semi (a fairly heated battle).

It was an advantage for TV to finish fourth and it shouldn't have worked like that.

Reply #42576 | Report this post

penn4  
Years ago

Eddie

Cougers finised 3rd Magic finised 2nd on percentage Centrals 1 finished 1st on percentage Mullets finised 4th on percentage by 6% from Centrals 2.

Centrals 1 and Magic did not play each other in the minor rounds.

So the standings

1st Centrals 1
2nd Magic
3rd Cougers
4th Mullets

1st semi - 1st (Centrals and Mullets) 4th paly.
2nd semi - 2nd (Magic and Cougers) 3rd play.

Magic diqualified

Centrals and Cougers in Grand Final.

Regards Penn4

Reply #42583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think all of u r dickheads, who says they came down here to win trophies, maybe they came down for a good time, isn't that basketball.

just because there good players doesn't mean they should be confined to playing at a high grade for the whole season.

i think all of u r thinking of trophies instead of having fun.

Reply #42650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Having fun is all OK. Cheating is not. Who is the dickhead? Someone who plays by the rules or someone who thinks its OK to cheat.

Reply #42668 | Report this post

penn4  
Years ago

Anon 42650

Everyone that plays sport individual or team play because it is fun, but they all play to win, that's why you play because you love to play and win.

You play and loose and have a good game, that's great but it still is not as good as winning. You should realy never be happy with loosing.

I don't think there is anyone that is happy about loosing, and I'm sure you are the same.

And what makes loosing harder to take is knowing the team you played broke the rules to win.

You play train to compete at the highest level against players of the same skills level.

I and most sportsmen and sportswomen who respect the sport don't put themselves above the rules and play in a lower events for self satisfaction of winning a trophy and have bragging rights.

A true sports person plays to their best abilty against each other of the same with respect and in good spirit and fairness by the rules
set down.

Yes we all play in carnivals to have fun and win. Because we love the sport we play and love to compete.

Their was no fun had at Barossa by what happened at that carnival it put a bad taste so to speak on the whole Under 18 comp.

You need to have a good look at yourself if that's how you want to play, if you play, and think it's OK to break the rules to compete.

Hey Magic played in the Starplex carnival in January this year, they won they played great.

They played in the good sprit of the game at the level they should, and good on them.

We played them in the semi, Magic won it was a good game.

I have no problem with that at all.

They broke the rules in Barossa.

It's that simple. You will eventually come unstuck.

PLAY BY THE RULES.

Regards Penn4

Reply #42680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HEY PENN4

we had the same team at startplex that we had at barossa!! and u guys have gotten better... i know coz i play div 2 for west... ive played u... awsome team... click really well together! and good on yas... like i said be4 we were abiding by the rules as far as we knew! the officials had no problems with us haveing 2 players that play some games div 1 and some div 2... thats woodvilles business not mine in regards to the way they manage their teams! so dont stand there and call us cheaters! we were there to have fun just like the rest of the teams... in fact we bonded with all the teams there... except for u guys... every1 had something to say about ur club... not just us! did u make the effort to have fun and bond with other teams...? not that any1 could see!... u take the carnival too seriously... the carnival is played on the court not on the street!! we are not affected by the fact we got DQ... u had the proof we didnt... and as far as we knew every1 was fine with the team... but the officials screwed us around and it looks like they have done it be4... read back up to some of the other peoples posts!!! this worries me greatly... we been goin to this carnival longer than any team there! with relativly the same team!! but this is the first time we have had problems...! i was looking forward to playing you guys in the GF but seconds after we beat TV we were told we were DQ...

How much were u guys beating teams by? i bet u were killing them as well...

the mullets hated you... TV told us to beat u guys in the GF for them... the only people there who had any complaints were U GUYS!!!

anywayz... whats done is done... but can u see where im comming from in regards to the officials there screwing us over... if there was any problems we should have been notified AGES AGO! then we could have justified and fixed the problem... we had no oppertunity to do so... i look forward to hearing what you have to say PENN4

YOUR PAL... :o)

PS dont take this post the wrong way... i have major respect for the club jus not happy with the way things went down...

the club officials said we changed a few players names so that we could play 4 div 1's :oS... and yet the boys mother in question stormed in there mad as a cow (as you could imagine) and showed his son's ID and they couldnt care less. also, they put down a player of ours name completely wrong on the score sheets... where's the organisation? wheres the fun in that. the fun in being call cheaters and liars to ur faces? ? ?

Reply #42702 | Report this post

I Know All  
Years ago

Sorry Anon but you had three division 1 players in that carnival, & three descent ones at that. Two of them were former SASI scholarship holders. Your right though, that team has been going to that carnival for quite sometime, should of something been done about it ages ago, Yes.

The reality is though rules are rules & you guys broke them.

Reply #42736 | Report this post

penn4  
Years ago

Hey Anon 42702

I'm not with the DIV 2 district team I'm with the DIV 3 district team.

We, DIV 3 played Magic in the semi final at Starplex in Jan this year.

If you check with the officals we were not the only ones to ask at Barossa. I was told if you remember join the list.

We did not play the Mullets. So how could they hate us.

Also Cougers beat us DIV 3 by 3 points in game 3 so why would they be worried about us and want you to take us in the final. They didn't even play our DIV 2 team until the Grand final.

Magic didn't bond with the 2's because Magic did not play them due to the way the drawn was.

The fact we did not know that Magic had been disqualified earlier that weekend and then put back leaves a big question to be answered.
Yes the officals do have to wear some of this as well.

But Magic still had to many DIV 1 players playing. Also is the question about the state player, Still a state player.

I'm sorry you've been caught up in this because we do have great games with West. And we do have great games with Woodville.

And yes our DIV 2 team is clicking well together and are playing good bball.

Also what about the Cougers they get beaten in the semi, their mind set it's all over, and then are told your in the grand final and have to switch on again. I don't care what anyone says that messes with your head.

Anyway we will have to agree to disagree on this won and move on.

regards Penn4

Reply #42750 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

How did I miss this thread before? I have no idea what anyone is talking about, but there should be an award given out to penn4 for the longest consistent threads on the same issue, time after time. Great work but sadly, if you're going to pad your stats like our friend Bizzy, you're better off posting one sentence per post.

PS. Yes, I'm kidding Bizzy.

Reply #42879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

none of them have played state before.

Reply #42890 | Report this post

BabaLouie  
Years ago

Centrals under 14 boys won the final too! Well done boys.
For the record 1 Div1 player, 2 Div2 players the rest Div4.

Reply #45638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WAS THAT 14 A'S OR B'S ETC?????

Reply #45669 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:24 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754