FLY
Years ago

Larry Brown 'Relieved'

From NBA.com:

July 19, 2005
Larry Brown Relieved of His Coaching Duties

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - Detroit Pistons' President of Basketball Operations Joe Dumars relieved Larry Brown of his coaching duties, it was announced today. The Pistons and Brown came to a resolution on his contractual situation. No other terms of that resolution were released.
"We appreciate the two tremendous seasons the team enjoyed with Larry as coach," said Dumars. "We wish him the best and good health going forward."

The search for a new Pistons' head coach has already begun, Dumars said.

----------

I can't really see this having any sort of positive effect on the team...

Topic #3634 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

More to do with Larry's health than his coaching I am sure.

Reply #42326 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Ummm, I think this was more of a plan of Larry's to go to his 'dream' position as the headcoach of the Knicks. By doing this he collects a nice payout. Even if he's not allowed to coach this year, he takes a year off knowing he has $18 million (projected payout, he was owned $20 mill) in his pocket, and get's his health back, does a bit of TV work, has a holiday etc etc.

The Knicks sign Herb Williams for this year, the Knicks flop, get another decent draft pick, and then Larry steps in a 'saves' the Knicks.....

The hot tip is for Flip to step in at the Pistons, with a very nice paycheck at match. He's owned $5 mill by the Wolves if he doesn't coach this year, so I'm guessing he'll be on more than this.

Reply #42328 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Larry brown has repeatedly stated that his 'dream' coaching job would be to take over North Carolina and take them to the big dance.

Reply #42345 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

I thought 'relieving' was a problem that Larry Brown was getting checked out at the Mayo Clinic last week...

Reply #42430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not once have i heard Brown mention NC as his dream job as all the comotion this year has been about him stating the knicks are his dream job and the whole cleveland managment thing.

Reply #42433 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:10 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754