Anonymous
Years ago

Cedric Jackson's Defence

Stumbled upon this, whether you agree or disagree with the premise it's some interesting statistical analysis which you don't see that much in ANBL discussion.

Could be a worthwhile discussion in regards to his MVP candidacy too.

http://nzhoops.co.nz/cedric-jackson-overrated-defence/

Topic #36342 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Perth fans disgruntled with Damian Martin. A Kiwi not buying Jackson's defence.

I imagine many other teams would be happy if they came on the market!

Reply #512089 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

In regards to the defensive ppg being better without Jackson on the Court;

I presume that when he is off the court, the likes of Carter and Ibekwe are generally on. Both are magnificent defenders and that would be a big reason why the Breakers bench defense is very good.

Also, you can't measure the amount of times teams have been taken out of their offensive sets or had to turn down what might be a good pass or option because of Jackson playing the passing lanes.

Stats aren't the be all and end all. Vickerman (rightfully) sees the immeasurable stuff he does.

Reply #512108 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Totally agree with MACDUB's comments

Reply #512121 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I'd have Jackson as my DPOTY this season, he uses his defence to create points more than to stop them. Given his team is at their best in a quick game that's a pretty valuable trait to have.

Reply #512247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are the best defensive import combo that we've seen since (I'm not sure of another great defensive import combo).

Reply #512255 | Report this post

greybuoy  
Years ago

Just watched the Breakers/Kings replay (Jan 23).
Jackson is filthy good on D.
(Looking in the stands, I wouldn't mess with his father, either.)

Reply #512386 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754