Bizzy
Years ago

Basketball Cards

What ever happened to basketball card trading etc? What were some good places to get cards? What brand did people used to buy?

Anything basketball card related have a say in this thread.

Topic #3637 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

My favorites were:

- Magic's All-Rookie Team inserts in 92/93 Hoops series 2
- Upper Deck 92/93
- Classic (college)
- Front Row (college)

Reply #42386 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

There used to be (Im pretty sure it's still there) a good shop in one of the arcades of rundle. All Sports or something it was called, about a year ago it was still there and whilst basketball would be far from its main trade now it still had a fairly large selection NBA and even NBL.

Otherwise there is a shop over here in Melbourne not far from the Queen Vic Markets that is the biggest card trading shop I've seen, they have pretty much everything from kids stuff, through all the sports and than the adult's only stuff.

They have a website I'll find it and post it.

Reply #42449 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

This thread is depressing, it just brings back memories of the amount of money I spent on those damn cards..... Hoops, Upper Deck, Skybox, Topps..... I hate you all!!!

Remember the hologram cards in Upper Deck, and the original 'Dream Team' Olympic cards, oh, the rookie redemption cards from most of the companies.... I could of funded early retirement on the amount I spent.

Reply #42452 | Report this post

julius  
Years ago

Sports Card World
Citi Centre Arcade (behind Mcdonalds)

Reply #42515 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

There was an awesome place for cards in those markets on Grand Junction road... Come to think of it I think it's called the Junction Markets.

Reply #42539 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

DJ i think this is the one you were talking about... http://www.cardzone.com.au/

Reply #42541 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

"Sports Card World
Citi Centre Arcade (behind Mcdonalds)"

Is it still there julius?

http://www.cardzone.com.au/
Tht's the one rare23air. worth a visit/trip down memory lane if anyones ever in Melb.

Reply #42580 | Report this post

julius  
Years ago

Yeah, still there and going strong. Some of their boys used to work for Rose and Ninnis' Courtside Cards a few years back.

Reply #42594 | Report this post

Microsoft  
Years ago

hey guys..
im trying to get back into the collecting basketball cards game myself..
http://www.myspace.com/cassettewalkmans
a song on their called cardboard memories.
i heard it played on Tripple J.. made me goto the newsagent straight away.
im going to check out those shops in the city

Reply #215149 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Do you want to buy mine?

*cue embarassed look*

Reply #215151 | Report this post

Brent  
Years ago

if anyone's interested, i sell hobby boxes of Basketball cards out of WA to anywhere in australia via express post, we only stock boxes that guarantee autograph's jersey swatches etc.

Reply #226939 | Report this post

hazza  
Years ago

just wondering if anyone out there knows of any places in Aus to buy Basketball card boxes and singles?

Reply #242475 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:29 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754