Anon
Years ago

PREMIER LEAGUE - Whats going on ?

Anyone know why there is such delay in information ?

Topic #36394 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

no news re pre season tournament..
or the actual season draw!

whats the point of rebranding the league if the same people are running it and haven't increased the effort behind it!

Reply #513264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why not ask your club personnel - all is bubbling along nicely in the background

Reply #513272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

same people are running it?

Ummm no they're not.

Reply #513278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what if you are not a player or official at a club and wanting to know out of interest?

whats the point of rebranding a league to promote the sport if there has been no information given apart from the announcement of the change in name.

Reply #513282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you're that interested and can't go to a Club or can't be bothered then maybe try this:

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-3656-0-0-0&sID=276070

Reply #513288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh I'm sorry, you must be missing the point.
how do they (or maybe you given your defensiveness to the issue) - expect to raise the profile of the league if nothing is promoted.

to me, it seems pointless then having central venue days at the dome etc if they cant be bothered advertising the league or generating interest.

Reply #513291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"bubbling along nicely in the background"

Great marketing technique... looks like more of the same, sadly. New name, same lack of promotion or interest generated by the powers-that-be...

Reply #513293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its barely in February. Games don't start for over 6 weeks.

What would you like to see them announce? Players don't even have to be signed yet.

The draw is being held up because BSA and Clubs are still negotiating so they can't release that yet either.

Same with pre-season tournament.

Given there aren't any games for a fair while yet maybe you're getting a little excited do you think?

Reply #513296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the point is that some matters are being finalised as was stated earlier and that with about 5 weeks to go to the launch of the premier league I would expect your concern to be addressed.

Reply #513297 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

I would prefer they do the work NOW before releasing the draw rather than putting it out there and having to change later.

If they did that I'm sure you would be on here bleating how incompetent they are.

Damned if they do , damned if they don't.

Reply #513298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HERE HERE CAT.

many moons ago when elite comp moved from week nights to weekends there was a hue and cry from clubs on how would it work, there wouldn't be enough volunteers there would be no pathways we would lose players cause they didn't wish to play on weekends. the crowds would stay away. now said clubs are crying no volunteers people won't wish to play on week nights there will be no pathways for our plays nobody wants to play mid week we will lose players the crowds will stay away.

Wait till the draw is finalised and the clubs have come to some type of truce/agreement and then release it rather than have one release then version 1.a, 1,b 1,c

six weeks away plenty of time yet.

Reply #513314 | Report this post

Really!!!  
Years ago

The draw is being held up because 2 clubs had 9 straight home/away games. If you don't think that the people in charge doing that then there is a concern.

Also, cat, how many NBL/WNBL players will be playing this year? The standard of the product is vastly diminished since it moved from mid weeks because elite level players dont want to be a part of it and because again the powers that be "DIDN'T" make the necessary changes to dates to decrease length of season to entice them back, nor to enable college players time to finish the season.

It is a vastly worse product and no change in promotion.

Please explain other than a change in name, what is better???

Reply #513349 | Report this post

Fair Dinkum  
Years ago

"The draw is being held up because 2 clubs had 9 straight home/away games. If you don't think that the people in charge doing that then there is a concern."

What do you mean by this? are there meant to be byes? Or they played each other 9 times straight?

The initial draw wasn't great and hence vetoed, redrawn and now being picked over again by the clubs.

I think OP point is there's been nothing to keep the interest or build on the Premier League profile since the re brand which was probably released too early.
They could have just pumped out some pics here and there to promote it and people would be fine.

Reply #513394 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

continuous away or home games including against the same team over a large number of weeks.

removing round robin ??? - do you want to play the same team consecutively or prefer a spread ?
overload on volunteers - would you be able to support 6 plus Saturdays in a row at home ???

Reply #513407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be curious as to Boti's take on this change is. Without media support what chance for the revamped Premier League

Reply #513679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti shouldn't get a take on it! He is an assistant coach now

Reply #513719 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:19 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754