Dazz
Years ago

Another example of Wildcats off-court work

Our seats are 3rd row back (behind the baseline boxes) in the "extra" section that is deployed in Basketball configuration. Although all regular passes say that patrons should enter via the mid-level doors, we have never bothered in three seasons at the Arena. (Why go up the escalators only to walk DOWN 20 levels, when we can simply enter at ground level and go up 3.)

So anyway, Last Sunday, for the first time in 3 years, the Arena admin directed their staff to start checking passes and refusing ground-floor entry.
Monday morning, Wildcats staff started phoning members in our section to advise that our passes would be changed and reissued by the end of the week.

Say what you will, but the simple fact is that under Marvin their mantra is "fans speak, we listen and ACT."
I am only a member of two other sporting organisations, and only one of those is a major professional outfit. Frankly, they treat their fans with almost contempt because they can afford to.

People wonder how the Cats ware able to sell out the Arena so quickly after moving in, and this is part of the story.
(Having a great location also helped.)

Topic #36422 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I won't get the 3 minutes back.....

Reply #513739 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

I skimmed that crap in 2 minutes!!

Reply #513753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF Dazz?

Reply #513831 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

yet another example of perth fans trying to say perth are the best basketball club in the world

Reply #513837 | Report this post

Murray Magpie  
Years ago

Jeepus if Perth don't make play offs there will need to be a Psychologist summit in Perth to deal with the fans

Reply #513839 | Report this post

Nobody  
Years ago

So Nick's been letting you break the rules for the last 3 years. No wonder they are successful ;)!

Reply #513844 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Dazz, what were you thinking posting this?

Reply #513848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

please don't judge all cats fans based on cats4life or dazz. there are a lot of fans here and these are only 2 out of 12,000

Reply #513853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

13,500 to be more precise ;-)

Reply #513857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"13,500 to be more precise ;-)"

Ok make that 3 out of...

Reply #513858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz no further comment... You usually have lots to say haha This is weird.

Reply #513870 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I think a lot of the comments here have been a bit over the top. I think the point Dazz has made is that the club looks after it's fans. I've seen far greater trash tops posted on these boards.

Reply #513875 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

"yet another example of perth fans trying to say perth are the best basketball club in the world "

How so?
Post has nothing to do with their ability.

All I seem to read from other fans is complaints about their management/ music/ parking/ ticket prices/ what have you.

Just another example that the Cats admin make it a priority to look after fans.

Reply #513885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz no one cares. Its just comes across so stupid.

Reply #513912 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dazz, might've been better served by using a title other than "Yet another example..." I've changed it so people can tell what the topic is about and decide whether it's something they want to read or not.

Reply #513918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz of the 13,500 "fans" the wildcats have I guess that 90% have no idea about this forum

Mike Elllis has chastised the Perth fan base for knowing very little about basketball

It's great that you arborist of your club

Reply #513919 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I knew the Wildcats had a heck of a lot of staff, but I didn't realise it extended to having tree experts on their books.

Reply #513920 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Hahahaha when did Ellis say that?

Reply #513921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Dazz probs lost this battle with the heading alone, came across real arrogant. And considering this is majority SA based site, your kidding yourself if that'll sit nicely. Besides which really boring little story shared.

Reply #513922 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

" And considering this is majority SA based site, your kidding yourself if that'll sit nicely"

Why should that matter? I agree it was a pretty pointless story but are the non-perth fans here extra butthurt when they hear of something that the club does well?

Reply #513924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was only sharing it for some sort of support i guess, and why would he gain support when he trolls most the the threads with Cats stuff. My head hurts when he types nothing else.

Reply #513926 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

So posting about a team you don't support is trolling now? Stick to reddit, anon, you don't seem smart enough to contribute anything more than clicking a down arrow.

Reply #513928 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it's clear that there had been interest previously in Perth's off-court work, that Dazz was impressed by the effort of his club in this example, and figured it might be of interest to some NBL fans. Fix the title and I think it's a valid topic even if it inevitably riles some up.

Reply #513933 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

dazz if you could read properly I said best club which means the whole organisation if I was refering to their ability I would have said best team

Reply #513937 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

"Mike Ellis has chastised the Perth fan base for knowing very little about basketball"

Don't know anything about that specifically, and obviously can't speak with any great authority for the majority of fans. However, its probably true to say that with a comparatively big audience the Cats would draw from the fringes.
I imagine if a capital team gets 2~3k to a mid-week game, then what you get is the Basketball diehards.
Whereas I have no doubt that somewhere in the 13k, there are those who follow the Cats just because they are a Perth sporting identity, and who probably don't follow basketball outside that.

Even for myself. I love basketball and will watch other games for entertainment, but I don't follow the NBA or even the Aussies playing there, and as a result I have "lost touch" with the Boomers. When they play, I have to remind myself who half the players are.

I also think that for many people, Basketball is an exciting sport that you can follow, without fully understanding all the intricacies.

I have never been to an NBL game interstate, so I don't know what other teams do pre-game.
I assume that the Cats management have a rationale behind all the smoke, flames, and Wilbur descending from the rafters, but if that is what is attracting some fans, then yeah that's a worry.

Still waiting to hear if there will be any penalty for delaying the game whilst they cleaned up the mess Wilbur made at centre court with the snake stuffing.

Reply #513938 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Dazz knows how to give the people what they want.

Reply #513953 | Report this post

pod  
Years ago

another case also of self gratification and club gratification. ur a top club, but don't liken your club to that of a god.

Reply #513978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Um when did he say that?

Reply #513979 | Report this post

garvs  
Years ago

The reason for the change to entry point seating for the lower seating is because perth arena staff were enforcing that policy strictly to a heavily pregnant lady and were going to make her go to the top and walk down 50+ odd steps to get to her seat i was told (which is pretty stupid)

In another thing wildcats related, i suggested some form of padding on the front row of the corporate boxes close to the court early on in the season when it looked like Childress may have hit his head on one diving for a loose ball along the baseline and to their credit some 4-5 weeks later had some foam padding along the metal and corners

At lest they do listen :)

Reply #514058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats so amazing! This club is on the up and up! I hear the next step is gold plated toilet seats.

Reply #514096 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:50 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754