Sean
Years ago

How to skip NBA AU site for NBA US site?

Hey All

Is there any possible way to always have the US NBA.com website set as default without having to change it every 7 days? As it always goes to the AUS one...

Not a big fan of the AUS NBA.com that's all...

Cheers

Topic #36457 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

agreed

Reply #514649 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

so so annoying, ive jumped to espn.

Reply #514652 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I wonder how the NBA.com visitor statistics from Australia are trending, I reckon it's declining considerably since Sportal put up that crappy Aussie version

Reply #514655 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Grab the link as it redirects from aus to us, and then book mark it! Then if you click the bookmark it will redirect straight away :)

Reply #514679 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Up in the top left there is an option to set your default site for a period of time, I think a week. Agree that is a major annoyance though, especially hate the box scores.

Reply #514682 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There's a way you can change that setting joshuapending mentions, but tweak it so it sticks for longer. I did that months ago and it's worked nicely since.

Reply #514703 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Why is the NBA doing this? I still don't get it.

That sportal site doesn't even display properly.

What is the NBA getting out of this? It's just damaging their brand. Has anyone actually looked at the Aus site from the NBA I wonder. Surely if they had they would have canned it.

Reply #514756 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Agree the NBA AU site is just terrible and is hurting their brand. I don't get the NBA's motivation in pumping up the incompetent Sportal content instead of just letting fans choose to go to their own site.

What does the NBA AU site offer the main one doesn't? A poorly stocked shop? A daily article on Dante Exum? I'm a fan of the whole NBA, not just the Australian contingent.

What's worse is half the time the Sportal content doesn't even display properly. I've given up on visiting the page.

Reply #514798 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Agree the NBA AU site is just terrible and is hurting their brand. I don't get the NBA's motivation in pumping up the incompetent Sportal content instead of just letting fans choose to go to their own site.

What does the NBA AU site offer the main one doesn't? A poorly stocked shop? A daily article on Dante Exum? I'm a fan of the whole NBA, not just the Australian contingent.

What's worse is half the time the Sportal content doesn't even display properly. I've given up on visiting the page.

Reply #514799 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

www.nba.com/gr/reflectIntl.html?gr=australiauw&page=www&&dur=1000w

Paste that into your address bar. Works for desktop and mobile.

Reply #515088 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Only need to do it once - then when you go to nba.com you'll get US site.

The 1000w stands for weeks

Reply #515092 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

The Sportal poor mans NBA site sucks balls. If I type nba.com or click on a link nba.com that's where I expect to go not some half baked version. The same goes for the aus nba store.

Given its not that hard to navigate there or turn on the redirection thing but please NBA aus your not enhancing our coverage of the NBA game by offering the current BS :)

Reply #515632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank you based Anon. God that sportingnews site sux all kinds of balls

Reply #667616 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

This still sucks balls but I'm glad I can do a quick google search and find this thread

Reply #877331 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

The Aussie specific NBA store has bugger all content compared to the Us one too

Reply #877340 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:08 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754