josh_nuggets
Years ago

Melbourne United 2015

With Melbourne's season over what do you expect to happen in offseason ? Barlow is useless, all he does is sit in corner waiting to miss another 3, kickert can't rebound and is no where a marque player. Dennis and McRae are gone. Walker is probably gone. A new coach would help. Resign Patton. Very disapointing season what do you all Think or what do u think should happen !

Topic #36485 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

Wasn't Barlow and Kickert signed on 2 year contracts ?

Reply #515227 | Report this post

Nobody  
Years ago

I saw Kickert and Wotho beat the Kings in O/T. I may be wrong but isn't Kickert the highest % 3pt shooter?

Reply #515229 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

yes he is the highest % but playing him at center is ridiculous as his defense is non existent and is lucky to have over 3 rebounds a game

Reply #515230 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

So you're expecting MacRae to be called up by the 76's?

I think the lesson for MU is don't try to build a team with a bunch of recycled oldies. Some of these guys have had great careers, and some have probably made a bucketload in Europe, but trying to get "instant success" just hasn't worked. Time to get some SLIGHTLY younger players and try to develop a team.

Reply #515235 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I would scrap most of the team and rebuild. Kick out everyone except for Tomilson and Wortho and maybe Corletto. Kickert MAYBE if they have him as a powerforward. But the rest are dead weight. Barlow brings next to nothing.

Reply #515245 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Kickert being a marquee is hard to comprehend. United showed glimpses as most teams throughout did at some stage. They really need a reload in many positions. To a degree Anstey being sacked or whatever it was after the first game showed things were not good. Few NBL guys said to me blitz, all they remembered of United was how much they yelled at each other hahaha

Reply #515253 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

not saying McRae will be called up to 76ers. even if he didn't he wouldn't be back with this team next year. he's had enough of United.

Reply #515259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There will be a clean out

Reply #515267 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

I think the lessons for MU are to hire a NBL-level head coach and don't sign talented players that refuse to put the team ahead of their egos and personal ambitions.

Dennis, Tomlinson, Walker, Kickert, Barlow, Odigie, McMillan and Patton are deserving of another season - Corletto possibly too, as I don't know what he's been up to behind the scenes.

By multiple accounts, Wortho is an absolute nightmare behind the scenes. He's not worth putting up with if true, despite his very solid on-court production.

I hope McRae's NBA prospects are over after this stint. What a knob.

Reply #515269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately, for those that aren't already in the know, attempts to bring back a well known coach have failed...

Reply #515270 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Not sure what MacRae has done to earn the "knob" tag, but he's a good player and I think would be highly sort by other teams if he's finished at MU.

Reply #515275 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

@PlaymakerMo not sure why they would want to bring Dennis back as you either run with Tomlinson or Dennis but not both.

It was amusing to hear people earlier say Kickert is better than Motum.

Reply #515279 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

"Unfortunately, for those that aren't already in the know, attempts to bring back a well known coach have failed..."

They have brought Eric Hollingsworth to oversee the process. So THAT's gonna end well...

Dmac is putting up his hand again, and taking part responsibility for picking this team.

Reply #515280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get a quality CEO with a track record of success.

Reply #515282 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Anyone to have ever said Kickert is better than Motum has rocks in their head. In every game I have ever seen Kickert has been a lemon, ranging right back to the 2006 World Championship campaign. He has next to nothing inside. He is a waste of a 6 ft 10 frame. If he were younger, you would say he has time to develop his defence and inside game and that he will probably come good. How old is he? 30? Those days are gone. While everyone was saying how great he was going to be, I have laughed from day one. He is a good 3 point shooter, but little else. I wouldn't add him to a team unless I had solid INSIDE big men to place around him. Melbourne United never had that. Pretty dumb really. Motum outclasses Kickert in ever category - except maybe 3 point shooting.

Reply #515283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When the place. Is badly run with an amateurish culture, any squad will fail.

Add to this poor selection of imports based on almost no process this is what you get.

The foundation was so bad, it was never going to be turned around intra season.

New CEO, new players, new club.

Reply #515286 | Report this post

Slam Drunk  
Years ago

Odgie is developing every year- retain
McMillan is an oxygen thief as is prob still learning to tie his own laces
Kickert-not a marquee player,however, he was never going to succeed in a team where he had to play centre (no kazoouh)he reminds me of a more servicable cam trigger so retain.
McRae looks to me as he's an old school import with a me,me,me attitude-cut loose
Dennis never recaptured pre injury form-cut loose
Walker should be retained, his athleticism and frame is unique to this league
Patton should be retained as he is serviceable big bodied role player
Barlow I'm not wasting another second-cut loose
Nate T- poor attitude and decision maker, half a breath better than Joyce, second back up only
Corletto has had more than his fair share of time in the sun. Has there ever been a player that rips up the amature winter leagues more than this bloke but isn't up to pro level?cant dribble,can't play consistent, 30yr+ CUT LOOSE
Wortho retain. Not a massive fan but he can ball.

Reply #515303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get some guards,and get wortho to a boot camp to get fit and an attitude adjustment so he can lead !

Reply #515304 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Wortho is said to be spending a hell of a lot of time preparing himself for life after basketball.
Think that's the problem, fingers in too many non basketball pies. It may come sooner than he thinks.
He was given the Captaincy under Anstey. Wonder how DMac feels about it. Wortho not a guy to put team/club first. Whilst a terrific baller, never been a popular team man. I did think Barlow and he would have gel-led better as they have a history.

Reply #515305 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

trainwreck.com.au

Reply #515307 | Report this post

Nobody  
Years ago

I thought MU had co captains.

Reply #515321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I thought MU had co captains."

D-Mac & Anstey?

Reply #515329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patton is out.

Reply #515330 | Report this post

josh_nuggets  
Years ago

Pat ton did not play because as a DP he has a limit of how many road games he can play

Reply #515333 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Every time I have heard Mcrae interviewed he struggles to put a sentence together - not the smartest cat in the litter that's for sure!

Reply #515359 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

McRae is Carlos Powell v 2.0

Reply #515368 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:36 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754