Jack Toft
Years ago

R20: Kings v United

It's the last round of the season - and not a moment too soon for these teams!

Someone in Sydney has obviously kicked a black cat of a witch on Friday the 13th. They have had one disaster after another. They have been the most injured team this season and their Mad Monday celebrations might involve them visiting a hospital instead of a pub.

United have not delivered and last game it looked like they had already put the cue stick back in the rack and just going though the motions. Very disappointed for United fans.

The great thing about this round is that they get to do it again on Sunday!

At the end of the day, while the Kings have multiple injuries, their head is in the game, so I think they'll stumble on the line tonight

Topic #36534 | Report this topic

Tornado  
Years ago

Does anyone care about this game?

Reply #516432 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

..over the line - damn auto correct!

Tornado, probably not! A few weeks ago, this game looked like it would be the one to watch

Reply #516438 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Perhaps they are playing for the Fat Rat Clackers Cup

Reply #516469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fat Rat Clackers Cup is what Fremantle & Port Adelaide play for in the AFL...not surprisingly is an old Sam Newman joke when both those two teams were irrelevant.

Reply #516505 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Undermanned, hell, we were undermanned, undertalented from the start of the season, but I'm still proud of how my guys have fought hard even when the chips were down... I'll walk away proud again if we can show Melbourne what a really United team looks like, even if it's a loss...

Playing for next seasons contracts will hopefully only be on the mind of the UnUnited players, even though I'm hoping that at least half the Kings team aren't coming back next season...

The team has some tough calls to make, and hopefully won't make the same mistake of prematurely taking up any options if they have them, especially with Duinker...

Time for Perry to pull his finger out, hopefully Brandt is getting fitter by the day and will be able to cause some havoc... Hopefully Red Mamba is let off his chain and Cody gets another well deserved start and some significant minutes...

Reply #516508 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Tipped Kings home and away due to the mental disintegration that Melbourne have self-inflicted.

Two weeks ago these were not just penciled in, not just inked in, but formally engraved in latin as Melbourne wins.

Funny how fast things can change.

Reply #516512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne Untied aren't very good at basketball right now.

Reply #516513 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I hope you guys are right, and that the stronger TEAM will win, I just think that even as big a mental case as they are, Inited still have too many weapons... just hope they misfire and the crowd can really lift and give the guys the support they deserve...

Reply #516518 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Double Header Kings Vs Divided on Channel 10/One this weekend....... I didn't know the special olympics was on ?

Reply #516521 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

I did like how the NBL called this the 'Capital City Clash!'. Then I guess they realised Adelaide and Perth both had teams.

Reply #516570 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Should call it Capital Punishment

Reply #516571 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Kings starting with Joyce, Cadee and Perry. Very small line up. Cant understand why Ellis is not getting a start. McCrae should have a field day out there.

Reply #516578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dmac going ape at mcrae

Reply #516585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

An underwhelming Kings with 3? rookies in their side lost to a clueless coach by 2.
TFG Dmac has only 1 more game to coach before he is done. Let's hope management don't reward him next season with an Asst coaches job.

Reply #516617 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kings started Cadee and Joyce. Cadee had 16 and Joyce 15. Melbourne barely won and McRae went 3/14 FG. Joyce played 39:24!

Oh boy.

Walker had 15 in 16 minutes which is decent.

But in anything other than the real scoreline, that's a loss for Melbourne.

The bits I saw on NBL.TV were terrible, from both teams!

Reply #516640 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Oy vey.

Reply #516641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame the Kings are shit from the foul line. That's something that is inexcuseable. Foul shots win games. Kings suck balls from the line. 14 / 22 is crap. Game over.

Reply #516642 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

The Kings executed the play out of their last time out perfectly, Brandt just couldn't finish. Great watching that footage translate into action.

Reply #516658 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Dennis only getting 14 minutes and coming off the bench again......Is this a reflection that he is a major part of the problems with United this year or am I reading too much into it. Either way doubt we will see him back next season.

Reply #516661 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

"The Kings executed the play out of their last time out perfectly, Brandt just couldn't finish. Great watching that footage translate into action".

Wasn't it Garlepp who missed the shot after they showed the time out?

Reply #516663 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I thought he went low to Brandt, but you might be right. I was just impressed it was run as drawn up, particularly to that point.

Reply #516673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah but at the end Brad Rosen said what a fun game it was!

Is there a bigger waste of space as a commentator than Rosen? The guy can't stop talking to the point of just dribbling shit all game, the inane rubbish that comes out of his mouth like calling a time out a foul out, how awesome Auryn Macmillan is with the 'great' games he's had this season etc

Reply #516674 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Really disappointed for my guys tonight... worked their BUTTS off and to have some really bad calls go against them late (and brain farts when NOT closing out on one of the leagues best outside shooters), even some poor FT shooting, was the difference...

Hate the loss, but by only 3pts when the other team is so stacked and we were missing so many players, it could have been a LOT worse...

Reply #516682 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It was, by far, the worst game of basketball I've ever seen.

Reply #516690 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Terrible game but did people really expect anything else when the Kings have looked ordinary all season aside from a few standout performances by Childress and the Unitards have been nothing short of disgraceful in their past few games.

What was really terrible is that we were forced to watch this crap on FTA while a better game was being played in Adelaide.

Reply #516709 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

& no Anon #674, there is no greater waste of air than Rosen as a commentator. I always disliked Reid for the same reason... incessant drivel and talking things up to the point of cheerleading but Rosen has taken this to nauseating new heights. Let's hope that his career is terminated when the TV rights move from TEN.

Reply #516710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed - Rosen is very annoying. I actually miss Carfino.

Reply #516722 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

"It was, by far, the worst game of basketball I've ever seen"

Must have missed Perth v Townsville, 25 January 2013. At least Sydney and Melbourne managed to shoot above 35%, both teams scored more than 62 points and the refs managed to call some fouls. That Perth-Townsville mockery of basketball was a tv game too.

Reply #516724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My wife at half time, "no wonder no one watches the nbl when soj is games leading scorer despite missing three straight free throws."

Reply #516728 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Your wife sounds quite smart but I think mine is smarter - she slept through the game.

Reply #516733 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754