Jack Toft
Years ago

R20: Crocs v Hawks

It's cyclone season in Queeeeensland at the moment, and on behalf of all non-Queenslander insurance policy holders, I thank you for adding about 10% more to my insurance bill.

Both teams finishing the season strongly. The Crocs have been as consistent as chunky custard this season and the Hawks are the strongest team to finish bottom in a long while. Most wooden spoon teams can't even dribble with their opposite hand, but the Hawks would beat any team that finished bottom over the last ten years.

I reckon it will be very even this game and just depends on how the dice rolls for both teams. On paper they have their strengths and weaknesses and it will get down to coaching. Normally I would say the Professor of Cunning would have this game stitched up, but I think the Crocs might just snap their jaws shut one last time.

Crocs to slide home

Topic #36537 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Crocs will win this, they've been playing pretty well lately now that nothing is at stake.

Reply #516465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's like this game never happened. I'll comment one thing. Blanchfield. Earlier in the season, I think it was Conklin commented that if you weren't sure, Blanchfield is legit. Boy was he right. What a season for the kid. Is he contracted for next season or can he get some more dollars.

Reply #516727 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Him and Norton both finished the season off really strong.

Reply #516731 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Dennis stated the other day that all the team want to come back next year, if they can keep this team together with the emprovements they have been making the crocs should be a playoff team next year.

Only question marks imo are Holmes retiring and what to do with markovic. Its probably time for Holmes to finish up and Id like to see him replaced by tj diop, played well in preseason from memory and has been dp all season.

Not sure if markovic will stay around and has been disappointing for large parts of the season. With Norton improving and starting most of the year an import might not be necessary at pg, they could go with an experienced aussie backup or make a play for greenwood.

Reply #516782 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think the problem is you really need a leader. On paper that guy is Markovic but he just isn't a leader, and it's not a good example to set when your leader is overweight, doesn't try at practise, and takes entire possessions and GAMES off. For how much he is probably getting paid, this season was a shocker.

Norton will be that guy in due time but he's in his early twenties, you need a vet to take on that role for a couple more seasons.

Reply #517344 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:54 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754