Whitey
Years ago

Trade deadline Madness

Trade deadline

The Oklahoma City Thunder have traded Reggie Jackson to the Detroit Pistons in a three-team deal, a source confirmed to ESPN.com.
The Thunder will acquire Utah Jazz center Enes Kanter and forward Steve Novak, Pistons forward Kyle Singler and guard D.J. Augustin, with Thunder center Kendrick Perkins going to the Jazz. According to a source, Perkins is set to be bought out by the Jazz with potential suitors being the Clippers or Cavaliers.

Nets forward Kevin Garnett has accepted the trade that will send him to the Timberwolves for forward Thaddeus Young, reports CBSSPorts.com
NBA Insider Ken Berger.

The Bucks traded guard Brandon Knight to the Suns in a three-team trade, which also involved the 76ers sending Michael Carter-Williams to the Bucks, reports CBSSports.com
NBA Insider Ken Berger.As part of the deal, the Suns will send Tyler Ennis and Miles Plumlee to the 76ers

Isaiah Thomas to the Celtics The Celtics are sending Marcus Thornton and a first round pick via Cleveland to the Suns.

Pablo Prigioni has been traded to the Rockets for two second round picks. Isaiah Canaan is headed to the Philadelphia 76ers and K.J. McDaniels is going to the Rockets.

Heat acquire Suns G Goran Dragic Phoenix gets: Norris Cole, Danny Granger, Justin Hamilton, Shawne Williams, two first-round picks.

Celtics send Tayshaun Prince to Piston for Luigl Datome and Jonas Jerebko.

The Heat and Bucks really improved with their trades. Great to see Garnett back in Minni to see out his career.

What the hell is the 76ers thinking. Trading away McDaniels and MCW.

Topic #36538 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

37, wait 38 players traded today!

What are the Jazz doing there? Just throwing out Kanter?

Ah OK - picks, I guess:

... in addition to Grant Jerrett, draft rights to Tibor Pleiss, a protected future first-rounder from the Thunder and a Pistons second-round pick.

Reply #516450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder if Brett Brown had any say in the MCW trade? Can he 'build' his team and program and will the 76ers office give him the time needed to put runs on the board now that a big part of their 'O' has gone?

Reply #516451 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Strange trade for OKC, yes anything is an upgrade over Perkins but Kanter is even worse than Ibaka when it comes posting up. Not sure if I could handle watching Ibaka and Kanter shoot 3's at the same time.

Reply #516452 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

I do love the Singler pickup though, they now have a quality bench minus waiters.

Reply #516453 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There has been talk of the 76ers off-loading MCW for ages.

Reply #516457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

76ers what were they thinking. KJ and MCW have been great to watch and will only get better. They just needed to keep the nucleas together for a few years as they could have been great. Slightly confused and dissapointed.
trading away both AI's then Holiday now MCW its hard to contemplate why sometimes.

and no brandon knight doesnt make up for it.

Reply #516459 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

What were the Bucks thinking trading Knight for MCW?

@anon: Knight is heading to the Suns, not the the Sixers.

The Heat are now kinda legit. Praying for first round matchup with Cavs.

Reply #516464 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

m, have you seen Kanter play before? Kanter is a beast on the block, its his perimeter offence (as well as his overall defence) that sucks.

Reply #516474 | Report this post

Just when when I thought I was rolling all well and good in the first seed of my fantasy league, trade deadline day comes along to potentially ruin my season.

I have Brandon Knight, and although the Suns no longer have Thomas or Dragic, he won't be the number 1 scoring option anymore, and will be behind Bledsoe. He's also not in the East any more, and though unsure of both teams schedules, gather he won't be playing in many easy wins now.

Garnett to Minnesota, now I don't have him, but throughout the season have accrued Dieng AND Pekovic (I had been waiting to drop 1 of them once the rotations had been finalised) so I definitely have a lot to lose. Assuming he will get significant enough minutes.

And of course the 1 trade that was tipped to happen at some point, basically anything that sent Lopez away from Brooklyn to guarantee Plumlee confirmed minutes for me, never happened.

Reply #516475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tibor Pleiss. That there makes all the difference ;)

Looks like another cheap move by OKC in punting Jackson & Perkins with no guarantee of Kanter staying either. That will probably go close to locking in Durant's exit in 2016.

Reply #516476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disagree anon MCW is not that good and it will show now hes with the bucks, hes so inefficient just look at his shot chart next to knights, knight is a much better finisher. MCW was just a bloke on a bad team putting up numbers because no one else was good, the bucks made a silly trade as it gives them less shooting prowess now. Plus the sixers get another top 10 pick in the next year or two from that trade. Mcdaniels was already going to leave this year as he only signed a 1 year contract as he didnt want to be at a team like philly so to get more assets for him is ok.
As a suns fan im happy with this trade knight is talented to help bledsoe and to get 3 first round picks over the next few years albeit one in 2021 is also good for dragic and i didnt like thomas in the first place so happy to get rid of him but sad to see dragic go the boy can play.
Heat are big winners cant beleive they stole dragic, if wade gets healthy you wouldnt want to play them in the playoffs (god i hope they play the cavs!).
Thunder get better depth also, kanter will give them some scoring off the bench even though he cant defend he can shoot it and score, plus D.J is a very handy back up point as hes shown and singler helps with shooting also. Poor old jeremy lamb keeps going down the packing order.

Reply #516486 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Not a cheap move by OKC. Jackson was disgruntled and wanted to start. They had no choice. Perkins is useless as a basketball player at this point too.

Reply #516488 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

I think the bucks traded Knight as they didn't want to pay him in free agency in the off season but the defensive potential of the bucks with MCW and Gianis is probably what attracted them to him

Reply #516499 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah if Giannis and MCW can both hit close to their ceiling that is gonna be a loooong team.

Reply #516507 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

If Sanders had have stayed, Milwaukee would potentially have the longest starting 5 you've ever seen.
MCW, Giannis, Parker, Henson, Sanders.
Would have been heaps of fun.

Reply #516519 | Report this post

bender  
Years ago

2 shaqtin a fool superstars on the move.

Reply #516675 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754