Jack Toft
Years ago

R20: Hawks v Sixers

It's Super Sunday with 4 massive games to finish off the season.

The focus on this game today will be well and truly Balls. After 338 games, he hangs up his sneakers tonight, but don't expect a sleep in tomorrow Big Bella, Amelia already has a list of jobs she wants done around the house. He's a former Titan and Tiger, but more importantly a former Sixer.

It would be rude of the Sixers to deny Balls an easy 3 today, and if he's up to it, an alley oop, just to make sure he finishes with some points against his name.

I would also be rude if the gentleman captain of the Hawks didn't invite his former team into the rooms to share a sneaky throthie after the game. It would be very rude if his former teammates didn't bring a few along.

Well done Balls on your NBL career and all the best in retirement.

Oh, there's also a game of basketball to play as well, yeah just give Balls a run and give him 10 points and 10 boards, and the win to the Sixers. I'm sure there won't be many complaints about that plan

Topic #36553 | Report this topic

Ayjay  
Years ago

No complaints from me.

All the best Adam you have been great for Australia. Many thanks for your contribution and all the best to you and and your family.

Reply #516836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is motum playing? Today's paper said it was a corked thigh but it looked like he had ice on his calf on Friday.

Reply #516839 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Love Ballinger, one of my personal favourites along with Maher and Cattalini. Hope he scores 20 as the 36ers pip the Hawks in an entertaining match

Reply #516845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All the best to both Gordie & Ballinger on great NBL careers.

Reply #516848 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Hope hers are locked in for this one, should be able to blow Hawks out early, then rest the stars. Great career for Balls, best 6er player through a very bad era as far as wins go. Congrats and goodluck with the future!

Adelaide by 15 after having a 20+ lead throughout.

Reply #516856 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

Motum been rested as a precaution for this game.

confirmed on the 36ers twitter

Reply #516902 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Probably not too bad a move that.
Long as we win of course.

Reply #516905 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Handy start. 20-7 after 7 mins.

Reply #516909 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

36ers lead 30 to 14 quarter time

Reply #516914 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Nice statement to start the game. 36ers obviously want to end things quickly and get on to game 1. Hopefully they dont lose concentratiuon and let the Hwaks get back into it, hard to stop at home once the crowd gets a sniff!

Reply #516916 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Kobe24 get ready to get swept!

Reply #516924 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

36ers lead 57 to 36 half time

Reply #516929 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Riiiiiight. Because as is, Adelaide look ready to lose 2 in a row. Haha your such troll man, I love it, keeps me entertained. Seriously your moronic antagosnitic comments make my day.... does that amke me sick? Cashed in on the sportsbets odds on this one, had the 6ers at $1.56. Loaded up.

Reply #516932 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Don't really get why we were $1.56 to win this.
But I threw a lazy $150 on it :P
Easiest $84 I've had in a while.
Also cashed in $12 on the Cairns win.
Just need Townsville to get within 10 to finish the trifecta.

Reply #516935 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

Hawks win 3rd quarter by 8 points but 36ers still lead 77 to 64

Reply #516944 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

These last few minutes, Shenscher got blocked because he tried to go under - he's a giant and he's slow, he shouldn't be trying to go under anyone. Then we had a 3-on-1 and Teys fails to make the extra pass and instead commits a charging foul. Then Gibson just stagnates the ball while Demos keeps almost stealing it until he eventually does. Those consecutive plays were just unintelligent. Then there's Daly not really being up to it, and open 3's for Hawks and the stupid pass to Petrie who had no choice but to commit a charging foul. Also Hawks out-hustling the 36ers for offensive rebounds in periods and suddenly a 21 point lead at half time gets reduced to as little as 11 points.

13 point third quarter lead means playing our good players more, risking injury and greater fatigue. 2 games in a weekend and a quick turn around to play an away series, we don't really have room to be stupid at consecutive points.

Reply #516945 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

@KET give them a break! Up by 23 now with 8 to go you happy now?

Reply #516949 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

36ers go on 9-0 run in first minute of the 4th, thats just bullying stuff!

Reply #516950 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

haha more at ease in this last term at least!

Hawks are undermanned and last, 36ers need to remain polished for when we play NZ. Make those 3-4 stupid mistakes in a row against them and it's a different ball game!

Reply #516952 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

16 points for Gibson is encouraging.
Can't argue with 8 rebounds and 2 blocks for DJ either.

Reply #516953 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I dont remeber DJ ever being a guy that had many blocks, but he has been effective so far this short season. Nice to see.

Reply #516954 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Yeah, it's the big thing that's stood out that he's improved since going overseas.

Reply #516956 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Big bad white chocolate for 3.... Luke will like that one!

Reply #516961 | Report this post

Schenscher hit a 3?!

Reply #516962 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

36ers win by 20 - 105 to 85

Hawks win second half by a point.

Reply #516963 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

His range from 3 is actually not bad, just with his position doesnt get many attempts. The way he misses free throws youd just assume he'd be bad, but hje is efficient enough.

Reply #516964 | Report this post

Yeah was saying on Friday I'd rather him take jumpshots on his free throws, imagine his % on them is better. More so surprised that he would ever be in a position to be taking a 3.

Reply #516967 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Bloody good end to the regular season.
10 in a row (7 in a row on the road) is very handy form to be taking into the playoffs.
Should be a good series vs NZ. They've dropped 3 of their last 4 and also 3 of their last 4 home games. They'd be looking to turn it around, but you'd almost put us favourites at this point.

Hopefully it was just precautionary, having Motum not play today. You'd imagine he'd be good to go when it matters.

The old saying 'peaking at the right time', hopefully we are, and didn't 2 weeks too soon.

Reply #516969 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Its such a nice feeling to be able to finish clearly ahead of Perth for 3rd too. Wouldnt have mattered if United had stayed united, and won more thna not, we did enough to outplay all the rest anyways.

Great finals series ahead, and yes agree 36ers have pretty much earnt the short term right to be favourites against NZ.

Reply #516975 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

Great to see Mitch Creek's confidence continuing with 8/11 for 24 pts and 5 boards (first half) in 21 minutes played.

Johnson had a pretty good run to warm him up for finals as well with 11 points, 12 rebounds and 3 blocked shots.

We might be odds on in NZ but will be a very tough and even game I think. We will have to shoot well from range to keep our front court as open as possible. Musn't let them shut down our running game.

I hope Motum is fit and Wilson is on fire come thursday.

Go Sixers!

Reply #516982 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The win was Adelaide's tenth straight and their 4-0 record against the Hawks this season was the first time they have swept the series in over a decade.

Sixers secure third spot with tenth straight win

Reply #517049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WWWWWWWWWW :D... WWWW?

Reply #517219 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:10 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754