Luke
Years ago

Al Harrington in the NBL next year?

If he wanted to play in Sydney late in the season this year but got declined, can you imagine him suiting up for a club next season?

Topic #36558 | Report this topic

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

He did not get declined.

Reply #516974 | Report this post

spider  
Years ago

Joke right?

Harrington is too old. And too slow. He would just stand at 3pt line and not play D. Better off giving 10th man rotation spot to a young aussie.

Reply #517029 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I disagree Spider. I have seen some of his recent games. And yeah, the dudes a step slow, but he can ball. You don't get the NBA career Al once had for nothing. Childress and Al Harrington on the same NBL team would be a scary thought I would imagine. Al is a good shooter and very big/strong. Another solid NBA name can't be bad for the league when trying to sell it to potential imports. Plus it's an NBA name aussies who know the game should know.

Reply #517033 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEKn5vEMHSk

Reply #517034 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

And if they played together and were happy, look out even more so. Imagine ballin for the love of the game in an awesome city with all the money you need, they'd be tougher than tough.

Reply #517037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is a lot of motivation now to pair JChill with another ex NBAer after the "denial" that occurred last month. The veto-ing team has potentially unleashed pain on itself and the rest of the league if the Kings recruit well around the imports. gl Kings, win the war not the battle.

Reply #517217 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, I was sort of hoping that the owners would have gotten a bee in their collective bonnet about not being able to replace Childress as "that wasn't exceptional circumstances" and would take that as a challenge to spend that bit more and really try to make a big difference next season with the best team possible, and Chill seems to have not ending the season the way he wanted to on his list of reasons to stick around as well...

But that's all down to whether the majority of owners actually care about having a winning season enough that they want to put more money in and are smart enough to get the right balance to their team instead of just high priced player(s).

Time will tell, and if Cotter is kept around, this will be the big test for him now.

Reply #517327 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:29 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754