Anonymous
Years ago

Un20 nationals underway

So first day is done and dusted, any surprises, some big score lines for some of the teams

Topic #36561 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alanna smith dominating...

Reply #517042 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Reply #517047 | Report this post

zulu02  
Years ago

It will be interesting come finals when Vic Men faces teams that haven't already played a game that day. Only team to play three teams that have already played???

Reply #517089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ohh... a conspiracy.

Reply #517094 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Zulu - you should be happy on Tuesday as Vic Men play Tassie and NSW on the same day - Does this now become a reverse conspiracy theory?

Reply #517110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO,

because Vic is the only team that has this benefit 3 times.

Bad scheduling.

Reply #517124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great scheduling if you get an advantage from it. Oh, and they are playing in Victoria too, maybe we can move a game or two?

Reply #517125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahhh that's why Victoria has won so much these past few years. I thought it was because they had some pretty good players, but I guess I'm wrong. Thanks Zulu, your thoughts have been helpful :)

Reply #517126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have a feeling the women's comp has probably already previewed the GF match, with VIC dominating NSW, Vic's coach ran his key players sparingly, with his bench seeing good minutes and nsw was reported to be the main competition. Vic women got the ball into the bigs with ease, massive 30 points in 20 mins from Alannah Smith,, who also took care of the nsw bigs causing lots of fouls to be called against the nsw big Danielle Milisivic who played just 7 mins for 5 fouls.
The experience of Vic guard Rachel Antoniadou was evident keeping control of their game and causing issues for the nsw guards. All Vic's contributed their coach would have to be pleased considering Smith and Sharp only just arrived from CofE Thursday.
Anyone know what happened to Alannah Smiths nose to need her interesting taping.

Reply #517138 | Report this post

zulu02  
Years ago

No conspiracy, just pointing out the scheduling error by BA, hope it works in Vic's favour, and not against!

Reply #517164 | Report this post

#Plot_Twist  
Years ago

I can't believe ACT beat Queensland.

Reply #517260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and Tassie to beat Vic tomorrow.

Reply #517262 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Day 2 of the U20's Australian Junior Championships is in the books and what a day it’s been. The NSW women’s squad looks to be back in form after their big loss to Victoria in Day 1, while the Tasmanian men’s squad is looking like a team that can compete for the championship. Here’s how Day 2 played out.

Day 2 Recap - NSW Women back on track, Tasmanian Men a frontrunner

Reply #517315 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Rhys Vague (10 pts, 4 rbs) W.A.

Matthew McCarthy (8 pts, 14 rbs) Vic'

Not seeing the game or any of the live stats, these two must have had a dog fight and had a big baring on the result. For Vic to keep W.A's big out of the paint and limit him to 4 rebounds you would likely have to give more credit to McCarthy for what appears to be a big defensive effort, I would have thought...

Reply #517325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who ever does the reporting, do they actually watch the games or just go by stats?

Reply #517334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NSW women were lucky to get the win, not back on track yet!
Still think VIC men will take the gold, their roster is just too deep.
Vic women the same, don't think anyone has a match for Alanna Smith and Rachel Antoniadou combination. Add Alex Sharp and Elle Hellesey into that mix with support from all the other girls and they look a very impressive side on and off paper.
What's happened to QLD men's side???

Reply #517340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'and Tassie to beat Vic tomorrow'

Well anon#262 they played earlier today, score was VIC 71 - TAS 50.

Not gloating, just want to make a point about how the game seems to have gone for both teams. I was not there, so anyone who was is welcome to correct me if I have it wrong.

From the Livestats it is obvious that TAS couldn't buy a 3 pointer to save themselves. Mind you, it looks like Wilson for VIC couldn't hit the side of a barn today either (2-12 at 17%). But TAS only shot it at 20% overall and 9% from outside the arc, what was going on there?

Reply #517433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TAS 2-23 from the 3 point line, game over!

Reply #517434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes you got me.Might have got a bit ahead of myself

Reply #517444 | Report this post

ACT could have beat WA if Bul hadn't been in foul trouble.

Reply #517463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC, have you watched any games at all these Nationals?

Reply #517465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bit like the reporting from Olgun Ulic, you have to,wonder where the info comes from

Reply #517470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You'd think there would be an obligation to say "I made this up from the stats"

Reply #517471 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No I have not - not my reporting...just sharing.

Reply #517477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the person reporting at the games or just going off stats?

Reply #517483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you answer what you do?

For example, at u16 nationals last year the reports intimated they were in person reports, but were clearly created from often inaccurate online match stats. Anyone in attendance knew this.

Please clarify are the "reports" from direct obserbation?

Reply #517484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Observation sorry*

Reply #517485 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

Olgun, the guy who writes these reports, is not at the tournament (or at least I did not see him).
I think some of the info he gets probably comes from a guy who works with Netscouts - seen him around and his tweets.

Very interesting tournament, very competitive, some surprises and close games - very impressed with Bul Kuol and Rhys Vague. Jack Mcveigh solid but with limited options around him so gets guarded heavily.

Others as expected, Victoria seems to be able to up a notch every time it is needed, although they have their lapses. NSW and Tasmania had a really tough day in the office yesterday loosing both games, now it is everyone's game to get into the finals with Victoria.

On the girls (womens) side, a bit boring affair - Victoria keeps rolling over every team, very strong in every position. NSW, WA and Queensland very inconsistent. Watched only one SA game - against Victoria - their coach made a mistake getting into a running game with Vics, got slammed in the first half, but recovered nicely later.

Reply #517499 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

This U20's Australian Junior Championships is proving to be one of the most unpredictable of recent years. Both the NSW men’s squad and the Queensland women’s entered Day 3 at 2-0 and full of confidence. They’ll both enter Day 4 with 2-2 records after being swept in their respective double-headers. Here’s how Day 3’s action panned out.

Day 3 Recap - WA men back on track, VICs continue to roll

BTW: Olgun wrote the tournament preview for BA's website this year. He is well connected.

Reply #517536 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

LC any American colleges having a look?

Reply #517538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The online stats don't reveal that so LC will be unable to respond I'm guessing.

Reply #517542 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I know of a few scouts definitely in attendance but have no intel on any specific colleges.

Reply #517559 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Lay off LC. He is a good contributor here. So what if they are doing the stuff off the box score, at least they are committed to doing it.

Reply #517560 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

Thanks LC for doing a good job sharing the info.

HO, I think some here are referring to a difference between reporting and commentating of the stats. Nothing wrong with reporting the score but describing some performances in a way Olgun, or whoever writes this, has done without actually being there is rather inappropriate.

Example, Jack Mcveigh IMO has had a tremendous tournament again, yet his team will likely end up last or second last. If you were there you would see double or triple teams on Jack with limited options due to poor supporting staff. Now shooting 45% under such pressure I would call a good basketball player, Olgun called it a struggle as if Jack was all alone on the floor.

I've noticed 5 scouts. I believe there are some NCAA restrictions in place for colleges to approach players (might be wrong).

Anyway a great tournament to watch - most teams are very close - Tassie hardly over SA this morning, so no real favorites here.

Reply #517563 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Sure Alpha. Your points are reasonable, just no need for rubbish from childish anons about a person like LC, who always contributes really constructively here.

Reply #517571 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

Fully agree HO, LC has done a tremendous job promoting the game, not just here but to a wider community.

I don't mind Olgun's stuff either although not always agree with the way he presents some of his views and facts. He obviously is a fan of the game but needs to brush up on his understanding of it and especially media skills.

Reply #517573 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Is it true that the VJBL has a bye for the U20 mens competition this Friday - due to the U20 Nationals? If so what a joke - not one of the Mens Vic U20 team members play in the Friday night VJBL competition. Surely that is an indictment on the VJBL?

Reply #517620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alpha

As you have said LC & Olgun do a good job of promoting the sport, creating awareness, promoting kids who are trying to get to college.

I agree, sometimes the articles have factual errors.

However, do as I have done, send him an email with substantiation to support your case and he'll gladly retract or change the content.

As for the Stats. Very dangerous to go by stats alone. Context of the game is very important and Stats don't provide that.

Also, I've found the Stats to be not that accurate.

Reply #517624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

zulu02

"It will be interesting come finals when Vic Men faces teams that haven't already played a game that day. Only team to play three teams that have already played???"

Agree for Day 1 V QLD, but given QLD are presently winless, I don't think this would've made any difference.

I'm sorry, but Vic's 2nd game was against WA who also only had one game that day?

Vic's 3rd game was against Tas, who also only had one game that day.

Vic's 4th game was against NSW. Both NSW & VIC both had earlier games yesterday before playing each other at 7pm. That's only fair. Interestingly, NSW played the 10am game, Vic the 11am game. So NSW had an extra hour's rest! Also, the Vics played Tas & going by results so far, Tas are a better team than WA, who NSW faced earlier in the day.

Seriously, what are you smoking??? Can I have some??

Reply #517627 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

^^anon
"Is it true that the VJBL has a bye for the U20 mens competition this Friday - due to the U20 Nationals? If so what a joke - not one of the Mens Vic U20 team members play in the Friday night VJBL competition. Surely that is an indictment on the VJBL?"

Check the grading map and you'll see there are only a few crossover games left that will be played this Friday, what other teams will do it is entirely up to them. The rest of your post is not really worth commenting on.

Reply #517628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure how serving up fabrications and dressing them as reporting is doing a great job of promoting the game.

That BA are complicit is just a reflection on them.

Reply #517629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Obviously you don't like what they write.

At least they are impartial. What was it someone said - never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Do you ever read Newspaper sports articles? Most of them are personal opinions and a lot of the time they use a liberal dose of journalistic licence to 'tart' up the story to sell papers!

If you don't like what they write, then don't read it. It's far from libelous. Write your own stuff, to make your child look like a star.

Reply #517632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Rupert.

Reply #517635 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Alpha I checked the grading map and you are incorrect - there are no U20 games this Friday. If you don't know what you are talking about - maybe you are the one who shouldn't comment.

Reply #517641 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

^anon

for a few bucks you can enroll in online courses on how to use the internet

http://www.vjbl.com.au/index.php?id=66

or better

http://www.vjbl.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/images/PDFs/Grading_Map_16_Girls_and_Under_18.pdf

Now you will probably tell me that Feb 27 is not on Friday

Reply #517642 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Alpha - get it together and stop trying to be smart - take a bit of self advice and check the U20 grading map. Would you like me to provide some reading lessons to you in return for your advice on how to use the internet!!!

Reply #517644 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Alpha - If you are still struggling to work it out and you don't know how to use the VJBL website - get someone to read you the current VJBL calendar and you will then realise what a fool you have made of yourself!!! Ha Ha!!

Reply #517645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is there any video of these games, being so far away it would be nice to be able to see some action. I thought that one or two of the national champs were on youtube in the last few years?

Reply #517655 | Report this post

buckets  
Years ago

Can anyone name the players that are missing this tournament due to being in the USA?????

Reply #517658 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

"Also, I've found the Stats to be not that accurate."

How do you determine that?

Reply #517659 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

^anon

ok, you got me there - missed part of your question about U20 men - and made you feel so good.

But if you were as smart as you claimed you were then you would see here

http://vjbl.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/images/PDFs/Grading_Map_20_Boys.pdf

there are no games scheduled for this week. You could stake your claim only if there were scheduled games that got postponed - this will only happen never with VJBL.

Talk to your association and organize a game or something else - come watch the Nationals or maybe learn how not to ruin a good topic

Reply #517660 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

HO, probably by sitting there taking own stats :)

buckets - you can go 1-2 years back and find out who played - most notably Bolden, Healy and Noi from NSW, and maybe if we stretch it Simmons and Adel from Victoria (they did not play but if they were here they would be picked). In the girls - Queensland would be a huge contender with the Froling twins and Wallace

Reply #517661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do they not have country teams like the do at all other nationals any idea ?

Reply #517666 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Add to Alphas list Geremy Mckay Vic. Thon Maker NSW and Robert Colton NSW

Reply #517667 | Report this post

buckets  
Years ago

ok. so far we have:
Geremy McKay - Vic
Ben Simmons - Vic
Deng Adel - Vic
Kai Healy - NSW
Jonah Bolden - NSW
Thon Maker - NSW
Noi - NSW

I can now also add to that list:
Callum Barker - Tas
Tad Duflermire - ACT
Deng Riak - Vic
Matur Maker - NSW (heard rumours he's pretty good)

I haven't looked into the girls but i agree that if QLD has Wallace and the Froling twins they would be very tough to stop!

Reply #517669 | Report this post

buckets  
Years ago

Oh and I forgot Colten - who i believe is actually ACT? but could be NSW

Reply #517670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rob Colton = ACT

Reply #517672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thon Maker is bottom age - so Matur Maker (Thon's little brother) would not be in this age group.

Reply #517673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Thon was adjusting his age?

Reply #517679 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

We're now in the home stretch of the U20’s Australian Junior Championships, with the top teams now separating themselves from the pack.

Day 4 Recap - Victoria looks unstoppable

Reply #517691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big game playing out for SA women today. Winner goes through to a semi final appearance.

Reply #517692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think I just watched the worst coached game of basketball all week vic women were lucky to get away with the win over WA with the vic coach sitting all his bigs and his strongest guard Antoniadou a member of the Australian gems on the bench for most of the 3rd and 4th quarter absolutely crazy. Hope he finds his brains by tomorrow or vic may just break their winning record.

Reply #517830 | Report this post

BigBird  
Years ago

^^^ Could of been for a number of reasons. Don't assume it was poor coaching because he sat his starters. I believe they are undefeated, so getting their bench key minutes against a strong team could of been intentional.

Reply #517837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you watch THAT game lol

Reply #517853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope #830 finds his brains before posting again.

Reply #517874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jordan Heading and Ollie Megins from SA are this age group & both in the US now.

Reply #517882 | Report this post

Kara  
Years ago

#830 you're most likely not a coach posting a cowardly swipe like that. Al has an unbeaten record which shows that he and the coaching staff are sitting right where they're supposed to as are you in the bleachers with your opinions as company. You were obviously too far away to see the effort the girls put in.
If the game was close between Vic and WA women through its entirety then it was due to the efforts of the WA girls who have so far provided the toughest competition. It was a great game to test the young players on both sides, both physically and mentally.
How dare you take away a gutsy win by the Vic girls who showed a great depth of character, poise and intestinal fortitude fight back and regain a lead with what you obviously regard as the smaller or weaker guards.
The coach and his assistants showed great faith in the depth of their squad to get the result.

Reply #517884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know smith is going to Stanford, McKay to st Mary's, Hepburn to San diego, woods to northern Illinois. Etc.
where is antoniadou going to college? And is sharp still to young? Still at Coe?

Reply #517886 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

"Nothing wrong with reporting the score but describing some performances in a way Olgun, or whoever writes this, has done without actually being there is rather inappropriate."

Alpha: you're 100% right. Blind reporting would not only be unprofessional but highly unethical. Olgun recently moved to the U.S. to study journalism at DePaul University which is why he hasn't been at the Nationals. However, as LC previously mentioned, he's built some amazing relationships and sources with players, media, organizations (Basketball Australia etc) and receives video footage of the games he reports on/recaps.

No reason for you to take my word for it, but he's one of the most (annoyingly) principled and ethical people I know in terms of journalistic integrity and he's left many news scoops he's received to be broken first by someone else because he wanted to make 100% certain of the facts before reporting.

In terms of needing to brush up on his media skills, I'd be lying if I said there wasn't room for improvement (although there are very few basketball journalists who couldn't use some improvement ESPECIALLY when only 20 years old). However, the only thing more annoying than his principles is his perfectionism, and I've got no doubt that attending a top 10 ranked journalism University will very quickly bring his media skills up to scratch.

In the interests of full disclosure, while I've never met Olgun, I've gotten to know him pretty well as I also contribute to The Pick and Roll.

Reply #517890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#830 what a ridiculous post, seriously, get a clue.

Reply #517894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kara if you read the post correctly it didn't knock the girls it knocked the coaching, yes WA did a mighty effort so too those Vic guards / wing players that had to battle with those bigs from WA for that 3rd quarter, I was not alone in this opinion that the coach was lucky to get away with that win , several very experienced coaches were all holding the same opinion. Hopefully the coach will watch that game again and realise what happened, as the momentum did not change until he finally added a true post into the mix in Hellesey who then proceeded to monster the boards and pull down the rebounds at both ends. If you were watching the game you would have noticed that, and if you did infact see the game and didn't pick up on that then your obviously NOT a coach.

Vic women are beating teams due to the depth they have within the team that the others simply do not have, not through superior coaching. Lol

Reply #517895 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

We've had 5 days of exciting basketball and we’re down to the final 4 teams in each division. It's time to preview the semifinals match-ups of the U20’s Australian Junior Championships.

Semifinals Previews

Reply #517897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone with half a clue possibly think the Vic Coach may have been experimenting with mis-match scenarios to see how they cope? i.e to cope or adjust to an injury or foul trouble of their bigs or starters?

Look at how Dandenong coped when Penny Taylor went down. They had no B plan or the ability to adjust.

If that was what he was trying to do then its good preparation.

Reply #517898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You know what they say about opinions and a$$holes...

Reply #517902 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Everyone has one, but not everyone is one?

Reply #517905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So were all the vic bigs injured or in foul trouble by the 3rd is that why they were not playing? WA bigs have been excellent all tournament so I would think most coaches would be looking to match up on them. You do have to question the thinking behind this unless of course he didn't realise all his bigs were on the bench ..... Stranger things have happened just saying like!!!! Sometimes coaches who don't sub like for like can loose track of who's actually on the crt. But not usually at this level you would hope.

With both vic men and vic women playing SA in the semi should be some good games today.

Reply #517914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you think that maybe the coach was resting players because VIC already had 1st place in the bag?

If VIC lost to WA then they would tie 1st with NSW but would beat them by a mile on +/-.

Finals are today so it makes so much sense to give your starters a rest and play your bench. Don't know why no-one has mentioned it, it seems so obvious

Reply #517922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sometimes the obvious needs no formal introduction.

Reply #517923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

funny things is with all this why didn't he play such and such more, he still got the win with these supposed lesser players

Reply #517930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#830 is the Antoniadou promoter who posts on these forums at every opportunity. Knowing what happened last year when she could not make the Vic U20 side the legitimate way, I have a good idea who it is.

Reply #517931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wrong 931 I posted that comment as an observer from TAS so no idea about any of the other stuff you mentioned
And I questioned why no bigs were on the crt looking at the WA line up and watching those vic players try to stop them any coach worth their salt would be able to see the miss matches. Don't know this vic coach but from what I saw yesterday he's not too smart. Their is a difference in letting players gain experience and poor coaching decisions

Reply #517943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ You still don't get it. There was no coaching decision to make because the end result was redundant.

It's like saying Gregg Poppovich is a bad coach any time he rests Tim Duncan even though there's a decent bigman on the other team. We know he's a smart coach, it's just resting a player/giving the players some run is more important at the time.

I don't know why I had to go through all of this explaining, it really is a very straightforward idea. Now, no more speaking about this

Reply #517946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone please clue in #830 on tournament basketball, so he/she doesn't embarrass themselves any further?
Vic couldn't lose top, and the coach may have wanted to try some things, and this was the oppurtunity before semis. Perfect time.
Sorry the coach didn't try to update you though before you made a clown of yourself here...

Reply #517947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#931 has absolutely nailed who #830 is, despite their denials!

Reply #517948 | Report this post

Greeny  
Years ago

As a West Aussie it's nice to see the girls playing well and being competitive against the Vics. It would be nice if BWA could recognise the u20 tournament and put a couple of articles up on their website on how the teams are going.

Reply #517971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why Is it that Victorian teams always seem to do so well at state level?
8 times champs in last 12 years for both u20 men and women.

Reply #518050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because they have the largest and strongest junior basketball competition in the Southern Hemisphere from which to choose athletes a d develop them over the years.

Reply #518153 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Victoria could send two teams and they would both achieve a high finishing position. There are so many very good Vic. players who miss out on national exposure.

Reply #518202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed ^
They should be allowed to have a country team as well like the other age groups.

Reply #518217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And yet, like other states, Victoria also lose many players at this age group to football and netball.

Still, the answer lies in the depth of junior talent in the VJBL I believe. Victoria can afford to lose 3 or 4 players from their original team and replace them with almost equal talent, arguably even better.

Reply #518220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^your absolutely right

Reply #518229 | Report this post

Ariel87  
Years ago

I agree, Greeny. I think it's absolutely disgraceful that BWA didn't even acknowledge the Championships when we had 3 teams representing WA.

Reply #518388 | Report this post

Ariel87  
Years ago

I agree, Greeny. I think it's absolutely disgraceful that BWA didn't even acknowledge the Championships when we had 3 teams representing WA.

Reply #518392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was anyone at the boys final or watch it streaming? Was it as amazing as it looks?

Reply #518397 | Report this post

GOLD  
Years ago

Tell me more about the 'terrible' job the Vic Women's Coach is doing!

Wiped the floor with everyone. Enjoy another Victorian win and great campaign coached by one of Australia's best.

Don't bark up that tree... that tree will fall ON you!

Reply #518401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was there. It was an insane game. Both teams deserved gold medals. Pity only one could win. The Tassle team were awesome. Played their hearts out.

Reply #518404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic women were always going to win with the line up they had it was nothing to do with the coach, who sat with his arms folded at the end of the bench looking totally disinterested .

Reply #518494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boys game was amazing both teams deserve a medal, Jack white was standout

Reply #518496 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

For the second year in a row, Victoria has swept the U20's Australian Junior Championships. The final day of the tournament was capped off by an unbelievable Men’s Championship game which showed off the incredible talent that Australian junior basketball has to offer.

U20 Nationals: Tournament Recap

Reply #518621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All tournament teams are a joke, why not just list the top 5 scorers and be done with it?

Reply #518629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks anonymous for meaningless INPUT!!!

Reply #518636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All tournament teams are a joke, why not just list the top 5 scorers and be done with it?

More to being a good player than just scoring. It's the ones who do all the hard work to get the all into the hands of the scorers or stop the other team from scoring that the stats just don't show.

Reply #518757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ someone's kid wasn't picked in the team. Commiserations, mate

Reply #518782 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Vic women were amazingly good, congratulations to them and of course all teams for their efforts.

Vic men had to fight hard, well done to Tassie for giving it to them, bad luck as you guys could have got up for sure, but Vic held their nerve and congratulations also to the Vic men on another terrific result.

Reply #518809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes men fought hard on both sides well played by tassie and vic men and their coaches who certainly worked with their players it was fantastic to watch.

As for the women well it was a very one sided affair right through tournament but WA played hard in both games against vic. The first they were unlucky to not get the win.
The WA coach did an excellent job with his team

Reply #518817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tend to agree somewhat. There certainly is more to playing well than just scoring. That's why there are other measrures (+/-, EFF rating). However, in the real world, who gets the big bucks, who gets mentioned in MVP lists for games/tournaments? The players who can score the most. That's juts the world we live in. I think we all understand that.

On another issue, IMHO I thought Rhys Vague or Tanner Krebs deserved tournamnet MVP. Both played on teams not as deep in talent as the Vics. So they have to work harder to score as they did.

Reply #518963 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:30 am, Wed 20 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754