anon
Years ago

Sixers semi final tickets

Does anyone know which company we can get tickets from for Sixers final. There is no links and no information on Proticket or Ticketmaster !!!!!!

Topic #36563 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No info anywhere on where to buy on sixers web facebook or Deans letter. Nust how much and membership discount. Frustration still and problems were supposed to be fixed. I guess they don't have to buy tickets so have no idea how bad it is for the users !!!!!!

Reply #517064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ticket info is on there website

Reply #517069 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

From twitter...
To get your finals tickets members can call 136100 from 12pm today til 5pm tomorrow. You will need to quote the bar code on your ticket.

Reply #517083 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Pricing

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/article/id/5f2n1max939y1h2ybnqyimitn

Reply #517084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone trying the number or online.can't get through and online doesn't give you your normal seats ????? help anyone

Reply #517115 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Online doesn't accept the bar code - tells me it is invalid? On the phone at the same time and have been in the que for 23 minutes so far. This is bullshit!

Reply #517128 | Report this post

Years ago

getting to the end of the process online then getting this at the end. very frustrating.

-We're sorry, there are no more tickets available for this promotion.

Reply #517130 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I took up the three game membership for me and a friend, and I entered my friends barcode, and that didn't work, but my barcode worked. Anyone else have this problem ?

Reply #517131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

site won't accept my barcode- very annoying...

Reply #517132 | Report this post

Devo  
Years ago

Got mine by phone in 35 minutes.
Tried the web but would not accept my barcodes.

Reply #517134 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

For those of you trying to input barcodes, I assume you mean those on your members tickets? Also, which site are you using? Proticket? Because when I went there I could find no trace of the Sixers-Breakers semi-final!

Very frustrating that the ticket agencies aren't ready to go on this. My recollection of last year was that I logged into Proticket and secured my usual seats no problem! Why didn't they just repeat that process?

Reply #517135 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

The Sixers just tweeted " if you are having trouble entering your bar code into the ticket system please try the first 12 numbers only."

Reply #517136 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

ticketmaster not proticket...

yes have ahd the same issues as everyone else... am ont he phone atm.... 15 mins now...

tempted to just drive out to findon and see the club myself in person...

Reply #517137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The real issue is the members were not emailed an information page which has suddenly appeared around 10 minutes ago in our in oxea with info that explains

Ticketmaster

Family tickets must ring to activate

First 12 numbers of barcode not all of it which is why it is failing

And ticketmaster staff had no clue either

No to mention waiting 25 mjnutes on ticketmaster line only to then be put in another line for Sixers member issues !!!! Furious and now a huge phone bill too..

Once again the Sixers office not doing the job properly of keeping members informed..

Reply #517140 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

yep... they clearly even on the phone have no idea what is going on... got through to s chick and she has now put me on hold again...

hmmm

Reply #517141 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

IS the sixers office that were the issue though?

more the ticketing agency than anything...

is a little bit crazy...

but all sorted now...

30mins later....

Reply #517144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well good luck eveyone. just for thw phine to a rude man who when i told him i was a family member and needed to access the famy discount he took the barcode and then told me i am only a gold adult member. I said no i am not i have my famiky tickets here and then he hung up.. furious a huge phone bill getting delivered to the soxers office for the 3 ohone calls for no help and still no tickets. what a joke. membership means nothjng to this club !!!!! watching it on nbl tv sorry players but your admin staff are useless every year this crap !!!!!!!

Reply #517145 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Did anyone get the 25% off season ticket renewal discount when they bought their finals tickets online?

Reply #517146 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

anonymous

ring the club...

they will be able to help you out...

i have had no issues except trying to acess it online and then rang them... the club first who explained its the 12 digits then ticketmaster whom after 30mins were quite helpful and all sorted...

aussieballer... i ahvent renewed for next year so wasnt entitled to the discount...

was initially offered it then out on hold and she explined about it and all paid for now...

see what happens... their MAY be a few speed humps but i certianly am NOT blaiming the club mroe the ticketing agency...

Reply #517156 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Uwe and Grovermister, thanks for the tips. I didn't realise the Sixers were now using Ticketmaster, but once I had that info, plus the 12 digit info it was pretty smooth sailing using the Ticketmaster site.

To be fair to the Sixers admin, I did get an email from them telling me what to do about 1:30pm and have since received a phone call from a nice lady to check if I knew how to purchase the tickets!

Reply #517162 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Pretty poor that they changed ticketing company for this specific game, but didn't seem to announce it at all. Something as important as ticketing for a playoff game, you'd think would have been set up ages ago. Then just activated if needed.
An email at 1:30, when they were supposed to go on sale at 12 really isn't good enough.
Oh well, I still have to wait til Wednesday.

Reply #517179 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

proticket was bought out by ticketmaster.... thats what i believe happened...

could be wrong... was not controlled by the club...

Reply #517183 | Report this post

RT  
Years ago

After 20 mins on phone got tickets at reduced price 25% off. Initially told I could not have my regular seats but after complaining and put on hold all was resolved. Still hurts to pay the ticketmaster handling fee though. Was told I would receive a receipt via email in halve an hour but still waiting 2 hours later.

Reply #517190 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

RT... yeah was told the same thing...

no recipt yet either... the money ahs come out i will be ringing the club tomorrow to CONFIRM my ticket has been purchased and my season pass will get me into the game...

expecting a few stuff ups on saturday night... hopefully it doesnt affect me... or my olds whom have season tickets too...

hmmm... i am not blaming the club it appears the fault is more with the change in ticketing outlets...

Reply #517193 | Report this post

POP  
Years ago

Yep, more of the same. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to sort the issues ahead of time and provide the full information well before it was actually needed.

Not many seasons ago we were able to provide authorisation for finals seat costs to be charged to our credit cards well ahead of time - on the understanding that we would want to attend all finals games, I guess.

That worked fine for me & would be far preferable to this mess.

Of course, that system would mean the booking agency would get its exorbitant 'booking fee' only once, I presume [or would hope].

I too have been thinking of driving out to the stadium, but its a 90 minute round trip, and if they are using the same web site ...

Will try the new 12-digit option and see what happens. Looks like accessing the 25% discount isn't an option on the web though. Another oversight.

It's really not that hard to 'workshop' these mechanisms and scenarios and iron out at least most of the bugs ahead of time, is it?

Reply #517197 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

the 25% option is on there...

Reply #517199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think you will find that the changes to credit information has forces the changes, companies are no longer allowed to keep credit card information on hand to re charge. the laws changed on that about July 13 by memory. Not saying anyone did it at sixers just holding cc info can lead to fraud plus companies automatically charging for goods or services that you do not wish for and haven't authorised.

Reply #517214 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

I tried the online system but lost confidence when it talked about "printing my tickets" and allocating seats in "GA0002" when I understood that our existing Season Tickets would be activated for the game and our seats are in G4 (according to an old Adelaide Arena floor plan).

It took 45 minutes but I eventually completed the transaction on the phone, with the appropriate assurances that everything was in order. Hopefully, this will be confirmed on Saturday!

I guess the online system is too generic to provide information that is specific to this event.

Reply #517228 | Report this post

Tommy G  
Years ago

Obviously they didn't learn from last season. It's a shame because as of late it looks like a bunch of monkeys are running this organisation. The Sixers and their fans deserve better. It's really quite comical though...who's our GM, Jackie Moon?

Reply #517233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cant blame the agency for the following
No link on the Web site
Old Link on the website goes to proticket
The infamous email not being sent to members
Not answering the office phone

May as well have take phone bookings in the office and had your member lists marked off as you paid as apparently the ticket agency will just let the Sixer office know when a family ticket is paid for and they will mark off the other family members. That is what i was told. My 2 other kids I had to pay for seperately so ticket agency fees x 2. So no family discount as it is gobbled up in double cost and phone calls and 3 hours wages lost sortingg it out with an agency who had no clue how to deal with a simple family ticket for a member .. Rubbish..

Ripped off and pissed off and I better not have issues on Saturday.

Reply #517240 | Report this post

POP  
Years ago

The 12-digit number/s worked for me, but then I hit the 'print' option - which I don't want, and a demand for a password I don't have [and no, I DON'T want an account with the ticketing agency!] and gave up.

Will try the phone again tomorrow, unless I decide to give in and create an account, and so get a password, but it's increasingly looking like a 90-minute round trip to the 'arena'. That way I might get the promised 25% discount, but at this rate the time and other costs will far outweigh that.

Frustrating and messy.

And as for the costs - I realise the agency is a business, and don't mind paying reasonable fees, but they're hitting us up for the credit card transaction plus the supposed 'handling fees', even though there's no handling of any sort.

There's not even a system that works efficiently!

Complicated. Obscure. Costly. Messy. Frustrating. Confidence and enthusiasm-sapping.

If you were into marketing and customer/member satisfaction shouldn't that be: Simple. Clear. Good value and Reassuring?

Reply #517248 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

The bit that infuriates me year after year is they make it so hard for me to give them MONEY.

Reply #517268 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I have my ticket. The couch and television in the lounge room have been booked in advance (I wish I could afford a ticket but I have other things of importance that need paying first).

Reply #517282 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

'Family' ticket members have to ring up Ticketmaster. I have been trying to do so for over half an hour. The phone line is engaged. ENGAGED! What half-assed sort of operation are those morons running at Ticketmaster, and what the hell are we paying them exorbitant booking fees for? This is before I even get the privilege to languish on hold for three quarters of an hour once I do get through.

This is a joke. Dean, sack Ticketmaster immediately, they do not deserve a cent of our money, and are certainly wasting my time.

Reply #517338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems tickets still stuffed up. Call first thing and now they say go online. Online gets me tickets but as above have no idea if they are in my actual seats as the sections do not line up with my normal seat area.

Also system did not recognise by fathers concession so paying more for that, not a big issue but speaks to the nature of the system.

Reply #517342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I got the email from the club about buying tickets last night at 11.35pm that is after I purchase my tickets on line in the afternoon. good one.

Reply #517345 | Report this post

br  
Years ago

Can tickets be purchased from Adelaide Arena? Have been trying all morning to get through to Ticketmaster but without success and cant get anyone on the phone from the club either.

Wasting that much time at work as it is I may as well go for a drive if I can get them at the stadium

Reply #517346 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

br, I eventually got through on the phone after 45 minutes, then on hold for 20 minutes, then talking with a consultant for another 10. She was very polite, but had to put me on hold twice to resolve 'issues'.

Not a very good process, and I am almost dreading making it through to the grand final when I might have to do it all again.

Reply #517355 | Report this post

br  
Years ago

Thanks XY

I cant sit on the phone for that long at work unfortunately - Might go for a drive at lunchtime and try my luck at the arena.

Never had this much trouble trying to give someone money before.

Reply #517360 | Report this post

POP  
Years ago

Eventually gave up and opted for the web. After repeated tries the system actually accepted my information - needed to establish an 'account' which was a task in itself.

Got confirmation of the booking, which said reserved. Subsequently got a message saying I was going to get printed tickets and presented the bookings as general admission, which is at odds with the info/advice from the 36ERS.

Could be just that the booking system hasn't been configured to deal with the situation, but if they can't handle it the company shouldn't have tendered for the job,should it?

Very messy and frustrating,verging on chaos.

Reply #517380 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

i never got any tickets....

have been told i will get them on wednesday...?

i will be taking my printed 'receipt' / 'copy of the transaction along on saturday JSUT IN CASE...

would be annoyed but amusing if 16000 people rock up... i.e. they sell 2 tickets for each seat...

Reply #517381 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

When I try to go online to buy the tickets it says "Already Upgraded" after it accepts my barcodes??
So it won't let me purchase them.

I phoned Ticketmaster yesterday but cancelled the purchase as my 25% off was not recorded in their database.
Seems like they didn't cancel the purchase properly.

Trying to get a hold of someone to sort it out.

Reply #517386 | Report this post

Devo  
Years ago

Got my card updated by phone yesterday (12.30) and told I would get an email. No email and credit card not debited.
Rang again this morning just to make sure and was told that emails will not be sent because tickets are not being issued. Our members card will be updated and will work on Sat night.
Credit card still not debited so beginning to stress.

Reply #517390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is my biggest gripe. Did online, they look like they are wrong area. Got an email, but you have to just kind of hope/assume you have tickets. Really lost some faith in the ticket/sixers people. Two years in a row and also season tickets always seem to hold some anxiety over processing every year.

Reply #517396 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

For those who haven't received confirmation emails, they should come within 72 hours according to the woman I spoke to today.
With all the problems and no confirmation email I thought I should ring and check the booking was successful. I was told they are still having problems. This is insane. How can it take 72 hours for a computer system to send a confirmation email?
It does make me wonder though whether they have these issues with every event or just with basketball games, and if so why that is. Last year was a mess also.

Reply #517401 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

For what it is worth, I think the club is doing what it can. I got a (belated) call from the club asking whether everything was all right, which was appreciated even if not ultimately needed.

Not using Ticketmaster next year might be a good start. God help them if they needed to manage an AFL final or something.

Reply #517402 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

I spoke to 36ers admin person and she said she would chase it up with Ticketmaster to get the 25% off.
My card has been charged the discount rate so hopefully it is all sorted.

The lack of confirmation is pretty weird, leaves a lot of doubt in peoples mind when they rock up on Saturday.
Getting there early may be a good idea.

Reply #517414 | Report this post

pod  
Years ago

2 hours and 21 mins after entering the queue, I got to the front and got tickets. im still seething, however will get over it.

even the ticketmaster guru had no idea what happened with the software at Adelaide arena. all I will hope for is, someone gets their backside kicked to high heaven cos I assure you, dean went off and told everyone he felt it was better he removed himself from the entrance so no one heard his convo.

Reply #517441 | Report this post

POP  
Years ago

Have received [personal] email confirmation from 36ERS admin that despite the mixed messages from the booking agency our season tickets will gain entry & access to our regular seats for Saturday.

Can only trust that's the case.

Also, carpark pass still current/will gain access to parking.

Do spare a thought for the 36ERS admin. guys & girls. While I suspect they didn't actually have everything locked in early enough, it increasingly seems like they are 'trapped' here along with all us 'punters'.

Reply #517442 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

XY - The club don;t have a choice in the ticket agency. Thats the arenas call.

Reply #517447 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tickets went on sale to the public at 9am. By 9:03 I had managed to get four Gold seats in what looks like a decent position (if their seat numbers are what we're used to at the Arena).

I pre-registered at the site and put a card on file just in case the site was overloaded.

A lot less painful than what was experienced by members from the sounds of things.

Reply #517510 | Report this post

Tommy G  
Years ago

So 9am hit and I secured tickets without a hassle. I'm sorry the members had to go through all of this yet again. Having a membership is supposed to ease situations like this. However as just proven, it is easier to get tickets with the general pubic.

Reply #517515 | Report this post

ClownDog  
Years ago

Cool, got my gold family seats easily with no dramas

Reply #517519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never got my membership ticket confirm receipt email even after talking with them on phone to confirm my email ticket went through.

Reply #517531 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

I think the email takes three days

Reply #517572 | Report this post

Tommy G  
Years ago

My girlfriends family who are Kiwi's and live in Auckland managed to buy tickets with zero drama. It goes to show that a person in another country and timezone can secure tickets easier than a Sixers member in Adelaide.

Reply #517586 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Yep. Was pretty painless getting tickets today.
Forgot, and didn't even log on til after 10am. Still got the seats I wanted.
Bring on tomorrow night and Saturday!

Reply #517587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My funds still have not been charged! who know what is going on.

Reply #517647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

got my tickets on monday, funds are still in bank but 'on hold' till the day of the game, tickets better to work.

Reply #517649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well just got my email confirming nothing other than I purchased tickets to the game. not able to view order history and money still on hold in bank.

The only good thing about the email is the option to complete a customer survey.

Will do that and it won't be pretty but assume it will be ignored.

Time for members to write to the Arena management and scouts sa to let them know they need to reconsider this agency's contract.

Reply #517662 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Just checking now, some boat, cash on "hold" but but not processed with no follow up email. Better work. I'm walking in one way or the other on game day.

Reply #517665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know how the ticket sales are going for Sat night?

Reply #517697 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:22 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754