Nobody
Years ago

Childress set to return

In some good news for the Kings it looks like Childress is set to return for a 2nd and hopefully a full season.
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/nba-star-josh-childress-would-love-to-resign-with-sydney-kings-20150222-13loii.html

Topic #36565 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully he has connections to get a great Point guard to the Kings.

Also the Kings need to bring in Sydney boy Dan Trist, who is playing is about to finish his College carrier and is an absolute beast

Reply #517079 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Great news!

Reply #517086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dan Trist:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/57467/dan-trist

Reply #517087 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Great stuff!

Reply #517090 | Report this post

Nobody  
Years ago

Thanks Mrs Trist.

Reply #517097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not Mrs Trist.

He is a Sydney boy and is 6'9.

The Kings should be chasing him hard

Reply #517100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Kings are going to be very active in the marketplace from all accounts. Well, they better be - the club can't afford a sixth straight losing season.

Reply #517102 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Mr Trist then?

Reply #517103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be fantastic news, Childress has been a great player and clearly enjoys his teammates and the coaching staff.

It would be awesome to see what he could do in a full season uninjured.

Reply #517148 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Positive news for the whole league and yes it would be great if he could lure some other players of his caliber to Sydney or even other teams.

Reply #517310 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I hope he can lure another top quality import to play alongside him.

They also need to teach Garlepp about rebounding as he should be grabbing far more and the Kings would be much better if he could .

I would love to see Childress' return to Perth as we were robbed of a second game due to his injury.

Good luck and I hope with megastars like him we can get the better TV deal and a league major sponsor... That's achievable

Reply #517312 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

They also need to teach Garlepp about rebounding as he should be grabbing far more and the Kings would be much better if he could .

I would love to see Childress' return to Perth as we were robbed of a second game due to his injury.

Good luck and I hope with megastars like him we can get the better TV deal and a league major sponsor... That's achievable

Reply #517313 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Reply #517314 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You can say that again, Proud!

Reply #517319 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

So nice, he said it thrice! :)

From all accounts, Trist is having a great final season and if the Kings weren't already full of 4s (I still want to hope that Duinker has a 2nd year team option like with White and Ellis last season so we can not pick it up!) I'd be keen to have a look at him, but with Ellis already familiar with the system, I think I'd rather go with him than another undersized 4 that wouldn't really work as a 3 (which is another position we need to fill as well).

Although, Ellis didn't get as much playing time as his hustle deserved, maybe he's on the outer with Cotter?

That all being said and done, I wouldn't get too over keen with that article, as it just says that he'd LIKE to come back, but he's got to figure out his options... I think there's a chance, but with at least one other big offer from elsewhere rumoured to be on the table, I think it would be hard to compete unless Chill feels like his job here was really not done and if indeed the team are seeking his advice and experience to see how they proceed with their young team going forward, who knows...

I'm su per keen, but struggling to keep an objective mind and my hopes not high to only get dashed...

Reply #517329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't sound like it's 100%, but it does sound likely, which is great for the league.

Reply #517336 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

So if Josh Childress does stay, which ex-team mate could he lure to the Kings?

7 ex-teammates Josh Childress can bring to the NBL

Reply #517476 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nice angle LC!

Reply #517481 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:45 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754