Peter Steven
Years ago

Why is Greg Page in the NBL

This is directed to lel who posted this topic 10 February 2014.

See http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/33674-how-is-greg-page-in-the-nbl/

FYI Greg won the Melbourne United Coach's Award last Tuesday night.

Perhaps you could update us on your level of successes?

Topic #36599 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I'm not sure that bumping a 12 month old thread, to gloat about someone whose played 61 minutes total in 2 seasons for 7 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 made field goals from 15 attempts is overly warranted.
Sure, if he'd broken the main rotation and had some good games, but he's done exactly nothing.
Coach's award wouldn't be a particularly hotly contested award at Melbourne this season I wouldn't imagine. Makes sense that they gave it to the guy who didn't play. The ones who did clearly weren't deserving of it.

Reply #518228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone who knows Greg knows he's not only a fierce competitor but makes players accountable at training and Is great team guy.

he can flat out play too but is a bit fragile at times with his confidence but it doesn't surprise me he got the award.

Reply #518235 | Report this post

bender  
Years ago

As the great Charles Barkley said -

"If you go out with a girl and they say she has a great personality, she's ugly. If they tell you a guy works hard, he can't play a lick. Same thing."

Also applies to the coaches award, not the best player, not the best defender but the guy that shows up to every training and cheers the best from the bench.

Reply #518244 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Isn't he a Wiggle?

Reply #518247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ :)

Reply #518865 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Too tall to be a jockey ?

Reply #518994 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754