Anonymous
Years ago

RIP Anthony Mason

First Jerome Kersey and now Mase lost to those of us who loved the NBA in the 90's. I used to love watching those hard physical Knicks teams in the early-mid 90's with the feared trio of Charles Oakley, Mase and John Starks along with Patrick Ewing continually lose to Jordan's Bulls (until Jordan briefly retired).

He was an All-Star after he followed Pat Riley to Miami and the guy also used to sport some wild patterns and things shaved into his hair.

Sadly Mason had a number of heart attacks recently and has now passed at age 48.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/28/former-all-star-popular-knick-anthony-mason-dies-at-age-48/

Thanks for the memories Mase I'll never forget them.

Topic #36613 | Report this topic

bender  
Years ago

Sad news, a bull of a man but sublime ball handling for his size and his defence was outstanding.

Reply #518615 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

RIP - a very entertaining recent interview with him on you tube if you search.

Reply #518697 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Very sad news indeed. Was part of what I consider the best playoff series ever in 92 and 93 against the Bulls...

Still remember his unique free throw shooting also!

Reply #518698 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

One of my favourite Knicks of the 90's and one of the reasons why I choose the Knicks as my team.
Sad news.

Reply #518793 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:51 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754