Anonymous
Years ago

No Television Broadcast deal for next season?

Now that Brisbane is confirmed to be not joining the NBL for next season, would it be a fair assumption to say that there will be no Television broadcast of the NBL for next season?

Considering, that the NBL have been saying for a long time that Brisbane is imperative for a new broadcast deal

Topic #36614 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since when is Brisbane confirmed not being in the NBL next season?

Reply #518630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you serious?

Look further down the page. The bid has pulled out

Reply #518631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well that is currently a rumour. Nothing at all has been confirmed by the NBL

Reply #518633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not a rumour.

Several people within the NBL Admin have confirmed this

Reply #518634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please tell us where the leaks are coming from within the NBL.

Reply #518635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not prepared to tell you who told me this, I don't want to get anybody in trouble but the response was:

All true.
The bid has been withdrawn.
Stay tuned.

Reply #518639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Live sport is the best reality tv there is.

It is 6-7 months until the next season.

United had 10k turn up to a dead rubber in the last round. We know how Perth and New Zealand do in their respective markets.

Perhaps each club should just sign their own local TV deal if they can.

Reply #518642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasn't happened for over 20 years, what makes you think it will now magically happen?

Reply #518643 | Report this post

William  
Years ago

I reckon it's Ten and Fox Sports as TV broadcasters. They seem to be signing a lot of sports rights lately since March 2013. NBL may go the same way as Netball Australia, where by NBL sponsors pay Ten to broadcast it

Reply #518708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would work if there was sponsors actually giving money

Reply #518717 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think if netball and state league football can get sponsors for a broadcast it is a viable option for the NBL too, if that's what it eventually comes to.

Reply #518744 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

So what if whoever you know at the NBL gets in trouble, no one there deserves there role as is anyways lol

Reply #518745 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

I'm not sold on the anon claims that there will be no Brisbane team next season.... I'm not going to wait for the NBL to tweet it to believe it, but i like my sources to at least post under a made up nickname...

Reply #518747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Believe what you will then. You will see.

Do you know who JVG is?

Did you read the article in the Brisbane Sunday Mail?

Reply #518749 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

What does Jeff Van Gundy know about the NBL..

Reply #518792 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last night's One HD broadcast from Perth:

- at half-time, instead of showing ads or anything, just showed on-court scrimmage without commentary, like NBL.TV does when the commentators are taking a break
- came back after half-time having missed four minutes of play, from what I could tell
- after the three-quarter break, returned to the action having missed the first seven seconds of play
- at times, graphics (scores from the NZ-Adelaide series) popped up for a second, but not long enough to read them

If this is the NBL managing the broadcast, then I wonder if they're scaring off potential partners? That and the MVP announcements certainly has me wondering about their ability to right the ship.

Reply #518796 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The NBL has been running the broadcasts since last season, so there must be more to it than that.

Reply #518798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they missed the Ads at half time, all the stats etc overlay you saw was the prep work for when they come back. Then they tried to get the ads back and landed up replaying the who half time bit and fell behind so just cut back into the 3rd.

Reply #518893 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Just so amateur NBL. Its like watching some dodgy community cable broadcast!

Reply #518936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No-one will invest in a dying league. A total overhaul is required starting with major city teams and playing in an asian championship style league similar to the a league

Reply #519016 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

You can always trust the NBL to be extremely incompetent. I am starting not to care whether or not it is broadcasted.

Reply #519095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fox air every domestic league now with the addition of V8 Supercars for this season. NBL the only product left on the shelf. The ugly sister.

Reply #519216 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

BBL the other one that's not on Fox, I think.

Reply #519229 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

FUGLY is the word.

Reply #519231 | Report this post

William  
Years ago

@paul - correct as TEN has exclusive rights to BBL. FOX Sports had the rights but were outbid by TEN for BBL in 2013. I hope that TEN just don't let FOX Sports anywhere near it, considering that them two are like sporting partners

Reply #519263 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Pretty hard to broadcast a 7 team "national" sport I would have thought.

Reply #519264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Less locations would make it easier :P

Reply #519389 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:33 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754