Titfortat
Years ago

Why is the 36ers ad still on tv?

I can only assume that payment has been made and despite the fact they are out of the finals the adverts must still run its course. But seems a bit stupid to be advertising "get you 36ers tickets now" when they were handed their arse on a plate by NZ on the weekend. Must've been on at least 5 times over the past 2 days in prime time, that's surely coin that could be better spent?

Topic #36627 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ive seen this and every time I think, why wasn't this on when there was 5 to 10 games left within the season still. Now its a waste.

Reply #519025 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There's likely to have been some contra deal with minimal oversight or consideration of when it's used.

Reply #519028 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

The first ad I saw after Saturday's loss was less than an hour after the game finished on One.

Reply #519034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Getting in early for next season?

Reply #519070 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Not sure that there will be a next season at this rate

Reply #519077 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

Ten is a sponsor, adelaide didnt pay ten to advetise for them... was discussed at the members forum a few weeks back...

they have no control over the advertising on ten...

Reply #519080 | Report this post

Seems like 10/One don't even have control over their Ad's either that or no one cares enough to change it

Reply #519084 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I don't think Ten/One care very much. I might have been the only one watching it, but the One coverage of Sunday's Perth/Cairns match was embarrassing.

They forgot to play adverts during the half time break, reverting to the NBL TV coverage. This included the sound check and other dodgy stuff I have never seen on free to air TV before. Seriously, a test pattern would have been more professional.

Then, as someone finally remembered to run the adverts, they repeated the half time segment and then ran more adverts, only to jump back into the third quarter with 6 minutes to play. It reflected very badly on the NBL, don't know whether that was the NBL's fault or Ten/One.

I think running some Sixers adverts after the end of the season is the least of their problems.

Reply #519103 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

You ever get the feeling someone at Ten just hates the NBL?

Reply #519118 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

I rang up to complain about a 36ers home game not being televised once and was told that not every one wants to watch cricket!

Reply #519156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

because NBL

/thread

Reply #519208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"You ever get the feeling someone at Ten just hates the NBL?"

Yeah, way back in 1996 when they went from near live to midnight tape delay. That was a major shock to the system I can tell you.

Reply #519210 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I noticed exactly the same thing as you did XY. Very piss poor effort by Ten/One on Sunday. Not very professional hearing Mahersy and Reid doing sound checks, then missing almost half of the third period.

Reply #519277 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:47 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754