Anonymous
Years ago

Which are the best Junior East Coast Carnivals?

Looking at bringing some Club teams (WABL) over from WA in 2016 to play against quality East Coast VJBL / Jnr Waratah League / QJBL clubs.

We know Dandenong Eltham Oz Day is a great tournament, are there any others which people could recommend to look into competing at or would Dandy be the best option?

Topic #36673 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You could apply to the VJBL to enter the CLassic in Melbourne over Queens birthday weekend, I know it is invitation only, but if you let them know you are interested they might be looking at getting some WA teams involved. Thats the best one going around talent wise, and dont expect too much if you get in.

Nunawading tournament is a significant step down, but worth a look, same weekend and anyone can enter. I wouldn't worry about the Ballarat tournament, standard is not that great, and it is a very cold place in June.

I haven't been but there is a tournament in SA over Easter, can't remember who runs it, but a number of teams from Vic go over every year so it cant be too bad.

Reply #520146 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

'I wouldn't worry about the Ballarat tournament, standard is not that great, and it is a very cold place in June.'

Be aware that this comment may be very subjective and that Victoria is generally very cold in June, not just ballarat (which is cold, but it doesn't snow there). The Ballarat tournament may suit some of your club teams, don't discount it based on one comment, do some research first.

Check the State Basketball web sites (Country and Metro), as they usually have a calendar where all tournaments are listed online, or you can contact them for more information...

Reply #520148 | Report this post

whatisit  
Years ago

Gosford Classic for u12s to u18s in February

Reply #520149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Easter tournament in Adelaide used to be great but is not worth attending anymore.

Reply #520214 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:03 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754