Anonymous
Years ago

Brisbane Bullets - now I'm really confused?

This was dated Friday 6th March.

Do these people not know that the bid has been withdrawn?

Or is it going to go ahead again?

http://bmag.com.au/your-brisbane/brisbane-extra/2015/03/06/brisbane-bullets-to-fire-again/

Topic #36675 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

"More than that, the recent registration of the name "Brisbane Bullets Pty Ltd" suggests an announcement is close. Those involved include businessman Paul Bendat and Larry Sengstock "

This we already knew from weeks ago. The article fails to mention anything about the more recent stall in negotiations.

Unless the NBL has been hiding the progress of the bid, I doubt we will see a Brisbane team in 2015/16. They have just left it too late. I'd love to be wrong on this but I would say we will see a Brisbane team in 2016/17, no sooner

Reply #520188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

another fluff piece with no substance

the media who cover nbl are as bad as the league itself

Reply #520190 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I reckon that's been written based on older news. None of the recent doubts have been published officially anywhere, so it's likely that many people haven't seen them.

Reply #520191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BMag is a fortnightly publication so the story was probably written a number of weeks ago now.

Reply #520207 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Very much old news.

Reply #520216 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

The Illawarra Mercury published this Isaac.
"Wade said the league would not commit to the introduction of a new team next season, after former NBL chief executive Fraser Neill declared Brisbane would be part of the competition at last year's pre-season competition."

Reply #520218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Courier Mail confirmed that the bid is dead.

Reply #520413 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From the Courier Mail:

The Courier-Mail understands the cashed-up consortium led by businessman Paul Bendat and basketball great Larry Sengstock has withdrawn the bid after failing to come to an agreement with the NBL.

Ownership licence fees, intellectual property rights and a playing venue were at the heart of the loss of goodwill.

Reply #520492 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:32 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754