NBANEVER
Years ago

Jahii Carson 0 Points in Serbian Debut

Jahii Carson really impressed in his first game in Serbia.

0 points, 1 turn over in 7 minutes.

Its a pity Gordie didn't restrict his minutes more.

But then we wouldnt be subjected to tweets like

https://twitter.com/JahiiCarson/status/573626300650291201

https://twitter.com/JahiiCarson/status/573627105474314240

Down play? Really! Didn't the owner say best import signing ever?

Deleted his one about being leading scorer and 2nd highest paid as a ROOKIE

Topic #36676 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Think he is in for a wake up call....thats if he lasts long.

Reply #520272 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

In the nbl , when you are not scoring , you can force contact with the guard and you will go to the line and score some points

Reply #520273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guy isn't up to it, let it go though and let him fail in is own way and time. Unfollow his twitter, no need to dog a guy trying to follow his dream. Id kill to be able to play 7min in a pro league anywhere in the world. No point being negative and kicking a dog whilst its down.

Reply #520277 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

MVP

Reply #520279 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

KARSON ARRIVED IN VALJEVO
After a real small plane odyssey that included a flight from Phoenix to New York, then the road to Istanbul, to end the landing in Belgrade, where a few days ago was preceded trip from Australia to the US, a new player Metalca, American Džahi Carson (Carson Jahia) arrived in Serbia.
22 - year-old playmaker, who left the university in 2014 Arizona State last week finished the season in the Australian league, where he played for the last placed Wollongong Hawks (Wollongong Hawks), hungry for new challenges came in Valjevo.
- After participating in the NBA draft in 2014, in which the prediction was that I would be a club probably taken in the first, and almost certainly in the second round draft pick, my family and I were shocked when it did not happen. Since I left for college this move two years ago, it seemed to me that for my career was best to go to Australia, where I played an average of 25 minutes per game with solid statistics, but the problem was that I was in a mediocre league played for worst team. My ambition is to play in the NBA, and to do that I have yet to improving their game and I think I chose the right environment for it. I have heard that there are very high quality competition and that there are many who follow the progress of players and recruit them for the NBA .
Behind Carson is a great college career, during which he became very popular, so his facebook page by around 60 thousand people.
- I was second team all-American high school basketball, I shared recognition for the best rookie league in 2013 and two years ago I was in an ideal team of the Pacific, the second leading scorer in two seasons in the history of Arizona. I broke many records in college and enjoy their achievements so far in karijeri.Sada'm here and I want you and I together Rad progress .
One of Karsonovih quality is also a reflection by which they will be remembered in history as the sixth draft. We asked him for other qualities, but flaws
- Everyone has things that could improve. People recognize my weaknesses, and to me is to eliminate them. As for the quality of this game are in transition and counterattacking game two on two. It is important to have good teammates who will be able to rely on me, and I in them. Assists will enable them to achieve as many points. Personally, I am strong inroads in the basket, while shooting a three point I had a 40% success rate in college in Australia. I still have a lot of room for improvement and repair both good and bad qualities, and I look forward to the games in Metalac

Reply #520287 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Put Wilbekin or Jackson with the Hawks in place of Carson, and play Nevill off the bench from the start and I think they would've been competitive.

I don't think it was the NBL that was mediocre.

Reply #520296 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Sorry, these are Carson's words from a interview in Serbia.

http://www.kkmetalac.org.rs/

Reply #520298 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Sorry Isaac didn't need another pg in line-up. Put a quality shooting guard with two very good (not Carson) but ball dominant pg's and the Hawks would have been play-off contenders. Plenty of talent, chemistry never going to work.

Reply #520308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That kid Carson is delusional.

"Shocked" to not be drafted. Maybe the scouts saw what we Hawks fans saw this year.

Reply #520312 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

anon, yes, I know. Just raised Wilbekin as I believe he was an import that the Hawks considered. Could put Beal in for Carson too. The NBL has not been a walk in the park for many visiting imports.

Reply #520314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha so he blames his mediocrity on the "mediocre" NBL? umm if NBL is mediocre why didn't you tear he tear it up mr. carson. so according to Jahii he couldn't dominate a mediocre league. lol this guy isn't too bright and very self entitled

Reply #520320 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

If he played this bad in the NBL imagine how he would of done in the NBA wow, what an idiot. This guys is going to learn the hard way.

Reply #520326 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

How did c Jackson go in serbija?

Reply #520450 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I think that if the Hawks had Rotnei instead of Carson then they would have made playoffs!

Before you laugh consider the confidence teams get from winning and Rotnei wasn't as much of a ball handler to be effective as what Carson was.

Rotnei Clarke was so much more clutch and is exactly what Wollongong needed this season.

I actually like their depth and whilst unsure if they could make noise in playoffs I think they should have been much better than what we all seen this year

Reply #520451 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Cedric averaged 5.9ppg, 3.8apg and 3.8rpg.

He was battling an injury during his time in Serbia and we all know what European teams are like when it comes to injuries.

Played around 19mpg - when he got good burn, he played well..games like 12/12 points, 7 assists. But had some games when he was used very sparingly.

Ced is one of those guys who needs a comfortable, conducive system to play in. the Breakers suits him perfectly - most NBL teams would. Not so sure about Europe though.

Reply #520460 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:52 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754