Isaac
Years ago

Nick Marvin resigns from NBL board?

Roy Ward from The Age:

Hearing Nick Marvin has resigned from the #NBL board as part of the league's move towards having independent management. 1/2
Marvin and co kept the #NBL running in tough times. Hopefully more prosperous days to come. 2/2
Nick Marvin's resignation from board made formal during the week. Still big issues to fix, good move to have non-club people on #NBL board.

Topic #36717 | Report this topic

GWB  
Years ago

Interesting indeed. I would like to think this means less Perth bullying in every thing NBL does.

Reply #521140 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

LEAVE NICKY ALONE!!!!!

;-)

Reply #521143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nbl is dead ... Move along

Reply #521147 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Haha this is my favorite type of poster to laugh at ^^

Reply #521149 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Doh! Obviously he has to resign from the board first.
He can't be part of the board that appointto a club, doesn't mean they arens himself as the new CEO...

LOL!

I am joking, but who knows...
Personally, I would have liked to see him remain, until the new CEO is appointed.

I'm not opposed to his resignation, but the problem with aiming for an independent board, is WHERE do you find truly independent people who are knowledgeable and passionate about Australian Basketball??? Just because a person has no current affiliation doesn't mean they aren't biased.

That said, yes, I think having the actual CEO of a power club on the board was always uncomfortable. Hopefully the board will have a good spread of representation.

Reply #521152 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

He can't be part of the board that appointto a club, doesn't mean they arens himself as the new CEO
What?

Reply #521156 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

hahaha sorry, my mouse broke, so I have reverted to touchpad and it keeps jumping around.
I meant to say "He can't be part of the board that appoints himself as the new CEO"
I guess the joke loses something when I can't even write it correctly...

Reply #521159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

final stage before the Kestleman proposal gets accepted ?

Reply #521163 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Is Nick even still on the board?
Either way it seem he's on the outer. TFG.
DoDo bring it on.

Reply #521165 | Report this post

Juice Bronson  
Years ago

"Is Nick even still on the board?"

Am I missing something here? This thread is about Nick resigning from the board, yeah?
So, I'm guessing the answer is no, he is not still on the board. Coz that's kind of the result of a resignation as I understand it.

Reply #521174 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

In the announcement of Wade's appointment to the chair, it was stated that Marvin would remain as an Executive Director, focused on the new broadcasting deal. It wasn't clear whether that meant he had a vote or just could participate in board discussions.

What's this Ward says about a 'move to have non-club people on #NBL board'. Is Marvin being replaced with a neutral member? Otherwise, unless things have changed since November, 3 of the 5 remaining board members each represent a club. One of the other two - Rick Garrone - used to have active involvement with Cairns.

Can anyone post a link to the Ward article to see if it says more? TIA

Reply #521200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nick Marvin the Destroyer of Leagues!

Reply #521821 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:40 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754