Anonymous
Years ago

Premier league at Adelaide arena what a joke

Would like to see what other people think of the games at Adelaide arena today. My thoughts its a joke you can watch court 3 fine but when it comes to watch court 2 you can't really sit anywhere to watch. I think that the chairman need to have another think.

Topic #36725 | Report this topic

:(  
Years ago

nothing worse than that court at the arena if all the chairs are retracted for all concerned!!!!!
Spectators,coaches,scorers and players, it seems really stupid/dumb if that's the way it is setup!
Premier League try to draw large crowds at a spectator unfriendly arena! What a Joke!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #521205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah trying to watch Bearcats vs Warriors right now it's a challenge, good game though

Reply #521207 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

And teams can't see the scoreboard at all - forced to go out on the court to see score, time left, fouls etc...

Reply #521211 | Report this post

Anon fan  
Years ago

Does it cost anything to get in to the Premier league games at the Arena ??
How much if yes would it cost for a family of 4 ?

Reply #521212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$7 per head for an adult entry, see as many games as you want (or that's playing) price is right. I'll check on a family of 4 before I leave

Reply #521213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No family pass still sorting out ticket prices kids only $2 each

Reply #521220 | Report this post

Anon fan  
Years ago

Thanks for info.

Reply #521221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball as officials walking around asking people to move off the baseline of court 2! They were by no means in the way yet trying to get a better view. Spectators in the stands sitting sideways just to see the court... And as mentioned above.. The teams playing can't see the scoreboard.

I can't see what benefit this was??

Reply #521241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Left the Warriors / Bearcats game at half time as I was totally frustrated, couldnt see the score board, so no idea who was up, ridiculous.

Not ONE spectator seat actually faces court 2 so people had to sit side-on, therefore there was only space for the people in the seats facing the court.

Tried watching from (directly) above but felt like I was going to fall over the railing, if I did I would've fallen on the court.

Definite safety issue there as if your leaning to see action on the sideline you could go over.

Quite possibly the worst state league game conditions for spectators in the history of this state.

Reply #521242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just pointing out court 2 is actually centre court at arena court 3 is the one where west v woodville was played

Reply #521243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA kicking goals again...

Reply #521245 | Report this post

Anon fan  
Years ago

Kids play state champs under same circumstances every year, and every year we hate getting that court draw. Everything everyone saying above. They should know better.

Use court 1/3 and bring seating in to centre court and have benches with scorebenches there too. But you'll have to supply them from somewhere.. I know transport them all from the club stadiums or better still ask clubs to byo !!!! Just dump the idea as it was always a bad one and head back to home base.

Reply #521252 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Don't they just run the cube for the middle court scoreboard?
It's annoying, but I still like playing on that court. Nothing better than playing with Brett Maher's signature on the court.
I usually shoot crap on that court though. Not entirely sure why.

Reply #521259 | Report this post

W  
Years ago

Seating on court 2 (middle) would do the trick and use of the side score on the big scorer

Reply #521265 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Cube has not been able to display Crt 3 scores for over a season. B SA not able to remedy as not Stadium owner.

Reply #521271 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

Maybe these multiple games would be better for all if at Wayville or Pasadena......or MV or even Starplex....

Reply #521297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not being able to see the score or time for the coaches on that court would be VERY frustrating. Also against FIBA rules if you want to get technical.

Reply #521303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New name, same old shambles from the competition administration..

Reply #521304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West v Woodville game was overshadowed by horrible playing and spectator conditions.

Playing on courts side by side with no barrier between resulted in players stopping for a whistle which was actually for the other court. Happened three or four times and at crucial stages too.

The whole thing was a shambles - especially when the scores are tight towards the end and the only way for coaches to view the time, scores and team fouls are by stepping onto the court and having a look yourself.

What baffles me most is that both Woodville and West have a bye this week - why not just play each other next Saturday night or next Sunday? Instead, teams have a double header, then week off, then double header then week off or in the case of Woodville, a 21 day break in the middle of the season!

Reply #521307 | Report this post

Unbelieveable  
Years ago

There is a group called Basketball Adelaide that is made up of the 10 Club Presidents.

Maybe its time that put their own Clubs interests to one side and united to force BSA to make changes that are good for basketball in this State.

ITS TIME!

Reply #521315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea coaches having to get up to see score and then get told to sit down by incomptetent refs

Reply #521320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Send all complaints to Mark Lampshire President of the Commission. All games at Arena are his idea and is alone. He is the one driving it not BSA

Reply #521336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

very poor for a PREMIER LEAGUE game.

when they say the objective to have central venue games is all about the spectator - what did they possibly think was going to happen??? or where did they expect the spectators to sit??
could not believe that people were not even able to stand at the bottom of the stairs - or on the step at the very end of the court.. what harm is this as far a providing better viewing options.
they need to remember this is not an NBL game - rather a domestic comp and they could probably sit in the immediate side line had it been a home game for either side.
not good at all.

Reply #521345 | Report this post

POP  
Years ago

Access to score/time info for bench personnel - scorers etc as well as coaches - on the 'side' court is a genuine issue, which can hopefully be resolved in the short term by addition of a plug-in [wireless?] extension from the bench to a visible score board.

From a comfort perspective spectators could sit on the far side of the stadium, which would enable them to see the time/score, but it's a long way away from the action, and they would be looking across the action on the 'centre' court, which would likely be distracting.

That said, it was good to have a more 'carnival' atmosphere than you get at a 'home and away' fixture.

Reply #521361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why not have the double header - 4 games in total played after one another on the one court??

Reply #521374 | Report this post

MattyG  
Years ago

It wasn't good enough!!!
and it may feel like a carnival but give me home court advantage, and greater spectator involvement anyday!
I took two kids under 8, and had great difficulty watching the game on court 2!!!

Reply #521376 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

court 2 was AMAZING

court 3 was embarrassing for the league and unacceptable for spectator, player, and Coach alike

simple solution- games on court 1 & 3 temporary seating on each side of Court 2

don't have the seating?

then either buy it or hire it..or return games back to the home courts in suburbia

Reply #521382 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

go to courts 1 and 3, and then Bring your own seating, I've got a plastic ended camping chair, AND a suitable seat-capable plastic esky !!!

Reply #521391 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Countey championship finals this weekend so there will be lots of byes this weekend. Great start to Winter season. Oh and more double byes !!!!! Well worth the money....

Reply #521393 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I have always wondered why the Adelaide Arena is so special and spectators have to be removed from the ends of the court. I would expect these officials have attended games at Marion Hillcrest, what is the difference?

Reply #523913 | Report this post

Hoopster  
Years ago

Adelaide arena is terrible for spectators. Having to sit sideways across the chairs with the lip and handrails directly in eyeline of the court makes for a very uncomfortable experience. Stupid that spectators can't sit along the baseline back from the court

Reply #523960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Games at Adelaide Arena are a joke. Whoever decided this would be a good idea should be removed from making any further decisions about the future of basketball in this state!

Reply #523967 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:39 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754