Anonymous
Years ago

Frankston 2nd Walkover VYCM

They've now player 2 games in round 1 over 2 weeks, won both games on the day then been given a walkover against, twice!

Surely whatever caused the walkover last week they would have had sorted this week? Wtf is going on down at Franga.

Topic #36727 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

what happened

Reply #521251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

outstanding fines - patches on uniforms, etc...pretty amateur.

Reply #521256 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

I doubt a walkover would be given for not having a patch on a uniform, has to be an illegal player. On the sat night their result has stood?

Reply #521258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe their result on saturday night has stood since they lost the game anyway??? I heard it was because of outstanding fines as well...

Reply #521260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much can they owe? Most of the league fines are token amounts, surely the club could have fixed it up in the past week after the first game.

Maybe Frankston are playing some hard ball and think the results will be re-instated.

Reply #521261 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

CEO refused to pay fines to league.Not sure what for.Kids are the ones that suffer...

Reply #521264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe the fines stem from last year for not providing adequate game coverage..like stats, no court announcer, no after game function..

Reply #521269 | Report this post

Pud  
Years ago

Not surprised. No idea how to run a basketball club. Jolly good times at Franga.

Reply #521285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely it cannot be for unpaid fines.

Reply #521309 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Refusing to put Melbourne United patches on.Refused to pay the $75 a game fines.Instead of being 2-0 now 0-2.

Reply #521316 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Refused!

REALLY..........??

Reply #521317 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Anon, I thought the Melbourne United stuff only applied to VJBL?

Reply #521318 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Must have a deal with the Youth League as well as they won both games comfortably and were given 20-0 result to the opposition.

Reply #521322 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

My belief is that the MU sponsorship is only VJBL.

Reply #521325 | Report this post

SF6  
Years ago

feel sorry for the kids, too many egos down there.

Reply #521346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MU is only VJBL so the issue at Frankston must be different to that.

Reply #521349 | Report this post

I believe that it has to do with court announcers and other game day issues last year.

Reply #521353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big V stipulate you need court announcers, a game day program, al the bells and whistles. Rightly or wrongly, Frankston do none of that for their Big V games.

Reply #521356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched my daughter play YL against DV on Sunday, it was embarrassing, lights not working it was almost dark, no court announcer, when the teams were announced no microphone was used, very poor effort by our club to say the least

Reply #521360 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Why would they let teams pay the price for their (alleged) wrongdoing ? .... priorities frankston please

Reply #521363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At the Arena in Geelong on Saturday they had Sunbury v Geelong in YL then BigVD1 men and it was awesome, great organisation, big crowd for Seb Loader's 400'th game and court anouncing was very good. A very professional and well run program, they even had a bar running and served drinks during and afterwards.

Reply #521364 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Three sets of lights out at Sth Pen on Saturday night.Not great for viewing...

Reply #521365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How were the games happy days?

Reply #521367 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Only saw the men.Very workman like performance from Sth Pen.Fairly even roster.Lack a 5 for there interior defence and rebounding but i believe one is on the way.Max looked good but needs to demand the ball when the well runs dry.Very young team that needs to mature mentally and physically.

Reply #521371 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

Picked them to not even make finals last year though HD? Were a quarter or so away from winning it all.
And the roster has certainly improved from 2014.
Wouldn't underestimate them again.

Reply #521405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has the Big v made any announcement?

Reply #521426 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Happy Days - Sth Pen men game was a shocker. Blackburn team is a shambles. Poorly coached and no passion in the group. two best players are 17 year olds.

Reply #521455 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Spoke to Paul after the game.Very young team so no great expectations.Thought the refereeing mirrored a game of AFL it was that physical.Well done to the coaches for keeping there players under control.If this is the way games are going to be called it wont be long until players come to blows.

Reply #521505 | Report this post

SF6  
Years ago

Are the Frankston kids playing for points this weekend?

Reply #521811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What I don't get is why the women's team isn't getting the same treatment.

Reply #521882 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Womens team havent won a game yet on the scoreboard.

Reply #521902 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@ Happy Days - 'Thought the refereeing mirrored a game of AFL it was that physical.Well done to the coaches for keeping there players under control.If this is the way games are going to be called it wont be long until players come to blows.'

Speaking to some Big V officials recently it was quite interesting to guage what they are thinking and why they let games go so much.

They seem to think that D1 Big V or the Big V game in particular is supposed to be officiated with physicality and contact allowed.

The officials I have spoken to seem to believe the players like it that way and so they interpret the rules accordingly.

Of course, I see the same problems you do on occasions, that is the level of frustration builds up and players start to get frustrated and games can risk turning into scrappy affairs that no one in particular enjoys watching.

Unfortunately I cannot see any light at the end of this tunnel, so players who cheat by playing that physical brand of basketball, using holding or pushing tactics will continue to dominate the skill players until officials are somehow forced to call games according to the rules!

Reply #521903 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Nobody likes seeing the soft fouls but the reffing the other night was the other end of the spectrum. If they keep calling the game like that, there will definately be blood spilt.

Reply #521908 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Then it is consistency that is the issue I think, when they let it go and then ping one here and there it is just so inconsistent and players who have been allowed to bump and grind don't understand why all of a sudden they are fouled for the same thing or less contact in some cases.

This is nothing new though...

Reply #521916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ In contrats to the above i think you will find some of the lower leagues are completely the opposite with rediculous amounts of fould being called.

The one rule/emphasis that seems to have caused the most discussion once agin is the hands resting on the player.If a guard or defender does this lightly in the back court the foul is called straight away. This contact is in no way effected them play.

If a player drives however there is a lot of contact being let go with bodies and arms etc. These fouls are the ones that are actually effecting the game and stopping people from scoring.

It needs to be consistant....Let it all go or call it all. It`s terribly confusing for playrs and coaches right now.

Reply #521918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

100% agree with the above post.
Most frustrating thing for all is when there is a dodgy little hand check call in the back court, which I know is technically a foul but has not effected the play one bit, then you get down into the paint and the bigs are getting hammered or your guard gets mauled going to the ring and its a no call...

Then even worse is when the young reffs have the audacity to say "I don't wanna speak to you at the moment so don't bother" or "if you say something else I will T you up and you'll be gone" when you go to ask a simple question.

Reply #521923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually, the problem lies with a lack of supervisors or coaching that picks up on when refs are getting it wrong so they can set them straight. Need to inject more cash into that area of the game I'm affraid.

Reply #521928 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:02 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754