Curtley
Years ago

NH: ANZ championship wants to expand into Asia

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/17/netball-anz-championships-open-asian-side

I don't know much about netball but I know basketball is eons more popular than netball throughout Asia. Before people say the NBL tried to expand through Asia with a Singapore team, but it was almost exclusively an Australian team based in Singapore, Asian or Oceania players were not actively recruited apart from 1 or 2 (who were from the unheard of Singaporean national team).

This quote by the Netball Australia CEO sums up that this is a sport with ambitions.

"We have to make significant changes if the league is to remain viable. We simply have to change."

Topic #36744 | Report this topic

try the Philippines basketball is huge there.

is basketball wanting to compete with netball or let them run their own course of marketing discovery ?

Reply #521567 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I seem to recall Werner showing channelninenews that WestBearcats were on the front page of Phillippine newspapers with a tour there

Reply #521572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Netball paid TV to cover it and now they want to expand. Weird.

Reply #521573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Netball outside of AU NZ England Jamaica is non existant. LOL @ Asia

It's not even fully pro over here.

Reply #521669 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:16 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754