Flinders80
Years ago

Possibility of NBA Contracts Next Season

So with ~15 games left in the season I wondered if its too early to be discussing which Aussies that are Free Agents will pick up another gig. My feelings:

Delly - He is a cheap back up point on a average team and a cheap third string on a good team. Blatt seems to like him, rumors of management not being fans of him as a backup PG. I think he has had a bit of a rough year. Not his best form.
Gut Feel: Another Season at Cavs but in a 3rd string role

Baynes - Very handy back up banger. Could see him picking up good back up role(~20minutes) at any team in the NBA. A good season under the belt where as a starter he average 24 minutes at 9.7pts and 6.4rbs.
Gut Feel: Will play the market but Spurs to offer a 3 year around $3-4 mil

Ingles: Great year and suits the Jazz to a T. See him more as a backup role in future years at the Jazz
Gut Feel: Will play the market but Jazz to offer a 1-2 year around $1.5 mil

Topic #36745 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think Bairstow will play some minutes...

Reply #521590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure delly will get another go - he's struggling a bit this year with the spotlight on the cavs team - he gets exposed a lot on defence and hasn't been showing much other than the 3 ball

I'd reckon he be a high level euro Guard as he is better suited to a slightly slower game speed

Reply #521591 | Report this post

Anonz  
Years ago

Interesting thread.

Aron Baynes..Think SA will keep him around, cheap commitment for a solid 6'10 body who doesn't mind some physical.

Joe Ingles..Utah would be silly not to keep him, for the money he is a viable bench option on an ongoing basis.

Cam Bairstow..Will hang around, whether at Chicago or on a roster like Milwaukee or Orl.

Matty Dellavedova..possibly more suited to a NY, Miami system, something more deliberate, as opposed to the quicker GSW, Houston, Phoenix offenses. Would like to think he could hang around, but can also see him playing Euroleague. Might actually make more $s in Europe.

I would also like to think Brock Motum might make another play at getting on a roster.

Reply #521600 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could see Delly getting taken by another team. Started well but has had an average year from what I can tell.

Isn't Baynes under contract from last season?

Reply #521604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When is Patty contracted to? I would like to see him go into a starting role. And don't tell me he wouldn't be suited to a starting role.

Reply #521605 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, must be a reason he hasn't picked up more minutes this season in San Antonio? Is it just the injury recovery? Or competition from Joseph? Even when Parker was out he didn't get huge opportunities.

Reply #521612 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Delly should stay, any team would be lucky to have a youngish point guard with his head screwed on and does the little things somewhere in the roster. Agree that he would better suit a slower offense.

Baynes is a sure lock to get a contract somewhere, probably our most productive player this year in the league. Would love to see my mavs sign him! Probably the exact sort of player we need.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Ingles, the Jazz are cruising lately and he has been doing ok. I think for him it will have to be the Jazz or no one.

Reply #521621 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Ingles could make himself an option for teams if he scored a bit more. There is no doubt he can play in the NBA, but he needs to do more to sell himself. I think Jazz will keep him on.

Reply #521629 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Ingles will definitely stay on at the Jazz. They love him and I've heard Snyder REALLY likes his leadership on court. With the young nucleus they have, I think they'd want to keep him around.

Reply #521630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly probably needs an off-season like Patty's previous - where he dedicated himself to become physically optimal.

Maybe spend the offseason with Patty and his trainer?

Reply #521639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought dellys best asset was his passing game and his iq. He Doesn't play the same game as he did in college. Primarily a defender and a long range shooter, not much else. I think he'll go to Europe....

Reply #521641 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Yes I get the feeling with Delly that if Cavs don't pick him up for another cheap seasons that even though he would fit other systems well I can see them picking him up. Europe sounds like otherwise

Reply #521647 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Were I Ingles, I'd stay where I was appreciated. Good symbiotic relationship.

Reply #521649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jazz will get someone with more nba experience and leadership than ingles with their cap space

Reply #521723 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

I've been stunned how much ball handling slow mo joe has had recently. Burks injury and hoods early season injury certainly helped here with ingles getting a chance to establish himself in the rotation.

I can see Utah moving a guard next season, much like they shed kanter to give Rudy more court time. I'd think joe would be close to a lock to return.

Not sure on the Cam Barstow love. Even with depleted frontline, the Bulls have gone with mahomed over cam. He really has had zero opportunities to sell himself, but from the junk time I've seen him play, he looks athletically limited at this level. Pretty much the opposite of Baynes, who has looked physical and aggresive all season for the Spurs. He is going to get paid next season.

Reply #521755 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:30 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754