Happy Days
Years ago

Do you pay admission fee to watch YLM and YLW?

I was quite surprised to see a club charge $6 an adult. Is that the norm?

Topic #36762 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Greedy at the extreme and in breach of ncaa rules.

Reply #521860 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

Yep $6ish for any Big V game that I've been to. Senior or Youth League. $3 for VJBL so not sure why you're surprised when it's a step up on that with announcer, scorers etc all added things compared to a Friday night

Reply #521862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And people wonder why no one goes to watch games. Ridiculously overpriced for what it is!

Reply #521868 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Yeah i guess the fairies pay the score bench and people working on the night, though i would think $5 would be a the limit for a champ level game, and $2 or $3 for anything lower.

Reply #521871 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I can watch a D1 game for $5 or a youth league for $6???

Reply #521874 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I will be following the YL circuit around this season Happy Days and everywhere they charge about that, no surprises any more mate!

Reply #521898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that's why youth league should not have all the bells and whistles, then it could be a gold coin donation entry

Reply #521904 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Anon^ the bells and whistles as you refer to them are what sets Big V appart from other leagues, and YL is part of Big V. The additional cost to Associations is not generally in playing our National Anthem or introducing players or video taping games. It is the additional cost of Big V officials, the score bench etc...

Generally I would presume most Associations are similar, having the support of many volunteers that help out and they are very much appreciated.

We tend to complain about paying to watch basketball, fair enough too when a family has to pay for each individual and they are not catared for with family discounted fees. This is where we can improve I feel, but the cost for one or two to watch Big V isn't too steep, if it remains under $10.00 for a few more years that is...

Reply #521905 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

First world problems

Reply #521907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6 bucks is the norm in my experience over a number of years, Corio Bay charged 10 (may have come down) as did Melbourne I think (happy to stand corrected) when the games were at MSAC.

Some associations can get volunteers but may pay a score/stats bench of 6, 1 on the door, game day cordinator, court announcer, video operator, so up to 9 or 10 being paid say $20 each, $200 straight up cost excl court hire. With VJBL you get no scorers/stats, video, announcer etc so the cost is much less.

Reality is, you get say a YL and seniors game on the one night as a double header, it's a pretty good standard so for around $15 a family it's a pretty cheap night out for what you get.

Some clubs do it better than others, but the good ones make it a great night out.

Reply #521911 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Well i know our association always has great score table people who deserve to be paid, can't control the referees so no point complaining about it or even worrying about them.

Reply #521921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have no idea why people would excpect to pay less for youth when its the exact same stuff as senior leagues.
Truth be told VYC is a better standard than D2 & most of D1 so why wouldn't you be paying normal price to watch good basketball

Reply #521924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Travel extensively do you Keany?

Reply #521925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I posted 911. To 'Greedy at the extreme and in breach of ncaa rules.'

How is a Big V YLW or YLM game breaching USA NCAA college game rules? I reckon it's a safe bet that the NCAA don't mention Big V in their rules but you seem to be an expert so perhaps you could enlighten us.

If you are referring to players wanting to go to college who have played Big V, perhaps you should actually get a copy of the rules and read them, rather than just making this rubbish up. If you were correct (which you aren't), how do they justify paying entry fees to VJBL games and how does that breach NCAA rules (save you some time - it doesn't).

Don't make stuff up.

Reply #521927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to their Facebook page

Bulleen Boomers Senior Championship and Youth League Men's double header - home games.
BigV State Championship.
Sun 22 Mar @1pm - Youth Men v D.Valley
Sun 22 Mar @3pm - Champ Men v D.Valley

Entry-$5 adult $3 children
Free entry for Bulleen juniors in uniform.

Reply #521953 | Report this post

lo 57  
Years ago

$10 for adults for entry into a Big V SCM and YL double header at Corio Bay, less for kids ($5) and free if your a rep player wearing a part of your uniform.

youth league double headers (mens and womens) is usually about $5 for both.

Dont quote i may be wrong, i get free entry anyway

Reply #521959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corio Bay website from last weeks game against DV SCM game only, Adults $10, 17 & Under $5 & Pen $5

Reply #521962 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Noticed Knox of advertising VYC double header - $2.50 entry.

If any needs cash it's Knox... But they seem to be going against the grain! I think all other clubs should take note, this will attract big crowds and ensure high engagement with Juniors. A winning formula in my opinion. If anyone knows how many people they had tonight please share...

Reply #522054 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Melhoops. It will be interesting to see whether that pricing does draw "big crowds". Plenty of clubs promote all sorts of deals that equate to lower ticket prices, it does not build good crowds. It might in Knox's case, but perhaps also because their fans have nothing else to watch this season.

Reply #522064 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Knox had 2 men and a dog. Dog got in for free cause he's knox's best friend.

Reply #522072 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

HO - agree, there's more to it like engaging with Juniors, social media, winning, etc. But Knox do these things better than most so it should work. They need to keep there crowds strong if they plan a return to SEABL next year.

Reply #522108 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:57 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754