GREEn
Years ago

How did the finals go tonight? (Who won)

Topic #3677 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

bit early yet (21.30) wait until 23.30 - 02.00 for reults posters

Reply #42838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville beat South and Sturt beat Mavs in the girls.

Reply #42839 | Report this post

reece  
Years ago

does anyone know the womens scores? Who played well and what was the winning score?

Reply #42841 | Report this post

reece  
Years ago

does anyone know the womens scores? Who played well and what was the winning score?

Reply #42842 | Report this post

lea  
Years ago

sturt women won by like 20 and the sturt men lost by 11

Reply #42847 | Report this post

reece  
Years ago

oh my god they hammered them. Who played good?

Reply #42853 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boxscores from the two games at Pasadena going up in a second.

Sturt women played without Angela Marino. Won 68-40. Mavs girls scored only 15 points in the entire second half (23% from the field for the game. Ouch).

Main scorer for Sturt was easily Monique Bowley with 26 points (9-14 FG, 5-6 3P!) and 9 rebounds. Sonia Dametto had 7 points, 7 rebounds and 11 assists.

Women: Sturt vs Eastern boxscore

Men: Sturt vs Woodville boxscore

Mens game went largely as expected. Sabres without Oscar gave up an early lead and the Warriors led by 15-20 for most of the game. Wilson had 30 and 6. Pascoe also damaging for 13 points. Elder 16 and 15, and Mapunda had 11.

After half-time, Sturt kept getting the margin to about 12-14, but then couldn't draw it back further. In the fourth, they were playing very good defence, but were missing inside baskets at the other end.

In the final couple of minutes, the margin was down to 5, but then Sturt were forced to foul and give up free throws and a three by Birmingham on the buzzer made the margin 12.

Ng had 27 for Sturt, Bauer had 12 from 4-6 threes (should've taken more IMO), Shepherd had 11, 5 and 5, and Gower had 10 points and 11 boards. Worthy of a quick mention, I thought, was Vaugan who played under 8 minutes but had two steals and was looking full of energy -- could've been an option for a few more minutes, I think. Finkemeyer didn't seem to do much in the first half, but then had 3 steals during some of the main Sturt pushes and had an impact.

34-50 in the first half. Sturt won the second half 51-47. As someone else said, Sturt will take more from this game than Woodville might.

45-55 to Woodville on the boards, the Warriors also having the superior field percentage 44.7% to Sturt's 39.2%. Sturt shot better from outside the three point line (44%) than inside!

Reply #42855 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

no angela - what happened there?

Reply #42856 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

rebounds in the men tell a story

Reply #42857 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

monique 5/6 outside the arc - woah!

Reply #42859 | Report this post

reece  
Years ago

well mavs folded under pressure didny they!!!! Surprise surprise

Reply #42860 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I tell you how they went. EC saw me sitting there, made eye contact and kept walking. Cold homie.

Reply #42871 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I must have been in a dream world. I did look for you throughout the game as I had a gift for you. Obviously my eyes and my head were on different wave lengths. Apologies but no rudeness intended.

Reply #42873 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

Anymore finals results?

Reply #42874 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Lol. How could I be angry at you EC? I'll be at the game next week with my friend, yelling out "let's go Sixers" and "Let's go Ninja" as usual.

Reply #42876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marino was off playing in China for New Zearland as part of their preperation for the Commonwealth Champs.

Reply #42882 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

having a look at the boxscores from the eastern sturt (womens) game, the attendance was marked as...

3/4 Mt Barker

wonder if it will be the same in the mens game Saturday night?

Reply #43695 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:27 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754