horse
Years ago

Junior season archives anywhere?

hey just wondering is there any where, where you can see the past summer season and winter season grandfinalists and winners for all age groups and divisions for district basketball? I feel we should be recording all this down so players and clubs can look back on the past successes of teams
it would be great to look back and see who won, who played well, ect.

Topic #36773 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Horse great question. It would be great. Your best bet is to look up posts from fromthestatsroom and look at his/her annual updates.

Reply #522163 | Report this post

Years ago

occasionally sportingpulse has a corruption and until it is rectified you may jag previous seasons results. Try to google the results / season. otherwise contact bsa.
there is no archive on sportingpulse - it may actually be a huge data base to maintain previous premiers in all grades every season.

premier league and state champs winners archive but not summer / winter premiers on sportingpulse.

good suggestion to search stats room posts

Reply #522197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not even any mention on FB or the website about Summer Premiers so good luck finding any archives.

Reply #522215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt won too many finals for them to advertise it...

Reply #522218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A very interesting exercise.

At one stage I did some work for the Club JDO. Looked at where the club finished in what divs and mapped the progress of the club. Importantly, the measure was how teams performed vs 2 years ago. e.g. if they are U14, where were they in U12 and have they improved?

The takeaways from that were:

* The game score (i.e. For+Against) increased as the age groups went up
* The game score decreased as the divs went down
(e.g. U18 Boys Div 1 had higher scoring games than U12 boys Div 2)
* The game score per team per division was reasonably consistent
* Most teams that finished top usually had a win rate of 85%
* Most teams that played finals had a win rate of around 70%
* Most teams played a little better at home by about 1-2 ppg in offence and 1-2 ppg in defence.
* Most clubs went through cycles. The average ladder position was used to determine a ranking. While 1 and 2 seem to go to Sturt and Forestville, one season 3 might be Norwood, then Southern, then Eastern, then whoever.

As far as premiers are concerned, in the girls you'll probably find Forestville has taken out 50-60% of the flags across the age groups and divisions over the last 10 years. Sturt would have about 15%, Eastern about 10%, and the other 15% spread between Norwood, North, and Southern. I don't think Centrals, South, West or Woodville have claimed a girls premiership over the last ten years - TBC.

In the boys, it is a bit more even. Sturt have a good run, but usually the "blue collar" teams tend to get the U18 flags as Sturt parents get their boys to focus on study. Centrals have been strong in U14's in particular and the boys comp is a lot more open than the girls. Sturt are strong in Div 2 due to their depth. In the absence of data, from my recollections I would suggest the following:
Div 3 - 80% of titles to Sturt and Forestville due to their depth
Div 2 - A lot of Sturt titles
Div 1 - Maybe 50% Sturt, 25% Forestville, 10% Centrals, 10% West, 5% Eastern/Norwood/Southern

Reply #522310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt have won 9 of the last 10 State Champs in U18 boys. And have a similar rate for end of season.

Nice try, but not even close.

Reply #522313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To add to that, Forestville's boys program has been awful the past decade, there's no chance they've won 10% of div 1 titles, let alone 25%!

Reply #522328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#522310, not interesting at all!

The dot points are mostly a random use of non-nonsensical numbers, randomly selected and mostly made up from an "absence of data". Please don't post again under anonymous as I will never get the 2 minutes back it took me to read your guff.

Reply #522382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So.......in your "work" you just made up a bunch of numbers, and then made assumptions which appear to be miles off base?
Hoping you are not getting this work from my club!

Reply #522407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754