Naph
Years ago

Great Patty Mills Article in Sports Illustrated

http://imgur.com/a/qc4WY

Don't know if it will stay up there or not, but definitely worth a read.

Topic #36779 | Report this topic

Anon12  
Years ago

That is a brilliant article. It is an article not only for basketball fans but for all Australians to understand the heritage of this country. If anyone bags that article on this website, then Isaac should ban them forever.

Reply #522308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ agree

Reply #522315 | Report this post

GongResident  
Years ago

+1

Reply #522326 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

If the average non-indigenous Australian did what Popovich did for Patty he'd bd publicly labelled as a crazy lefty. Great article but unlikely it'd ever be published in mainstream Australian media.

Reply #522335 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Only because no mainstream Australian publication would ever devote that many words to a story involving basketball.
Great piece.

Reply #522337 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Excellent article & well written

Reply #522338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

amazing article - one that every australian should read!

Almost teared up thinking how my ancestors could have treated fellow humans that way. Proud of Patty and other indigenous representatives for spreading the word and being proud of their culture.

Reply #522363 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Loved the read. Goes to show why Pop gets the best out of his players.

Reply #522372 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I recall the towel waiving and how people here were quick to ridicule Patty in his early NBA career, but he stayed the course and did what he had to do, he put in the hard yards and reached the ultimate in success with lots of sacrifice along the way.

He is a credit to his family and his country.

Now we can all waive our towels for him!

Reply #522376 | Report this post

grammaof13  
Years ago

I am an ardent Spurs fan and think Patty Mills is much more than a basketball player. He emceed the Spurs Championship program last year and was just great. Can anyone confirm that this article appeared in the March 23 Sports Illustrated issue - I would really like to purchase a copy of it.

Reply #522392 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Patty Mills. Legend. What a role model for all Aussies!

Reply #522507 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Now online at http://www.si.com/nba/2015/03/25/patty-mills-australia-san-antonio-spurs-bala-gregg-popovich

Reply #522532 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:12 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754