Baller
Years ago

Mornington D2 Men's Team Whats going On ?

Dropped in to have a look at the mornington collingwood game,,stayed for 2 quarters worse game of ball ive ever watched, truly embarrasing, about the same standard as B grade men.
These teams will fight it out for bottom spot for sure,mornington looked scrappy and had no structure,Berry gave nothing,struggled to get up the floor,no D as usual and was lucky to hit a shot all night (2or3 from 18)plenty of turnovers again which see's him lead the turnovers in D2 Men's season statts, yet he played 30 mins, can see why he is a playing coach if that team had anyone else coaching he'd be lucky to get 10 mins, Demarcus its time you faced the facts and realised your superstar days are long gone and you should bow out gracefully rather than continuing to embarras yourself,look at bringing some of the younger kids through,there are some good players at Mornington that need a chance

Topic #36809 | Report this topic

Maz  
Years ago

I was also at that game and I was very very impressed with the way they played. They will be right up there

Reply #523086 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

@ maz and baller.

Were you two at the same game?

Reply #523095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could Maz and Baller be the same person with a split personality.....Lol

Reply #523097 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Baller you have had a few cracks at Mornington now, why don't you just let it go and move on?

Reply #523099 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Baller might be right and maz has ballsed it up?

Reply #523101 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Look the standard isnt flash and no i wont be walking down the end of the street for it but speaking to another Big V coach he said theres nothing wrong with what Mornington are running, its just the playing talent isnt that flash.It is D2 so the expectations arent high.

Reply #523108 | Report this post

TheTruth  
Years ago

Wow lot of hate going on for Mornington right now.
Can't say I was at their game on the weekend but didn't Demarcus have 20 and 12 and a buzzer beater last week??
I don't think they're going that bad when you look at the fact that they're the only team currently in the top five that aren't paying any of their players.

And maybe Kenny Brunner should stop bragging about his posts ^^ cos it gets out there!
Is it a jealousy thing Kenny? Is it because Demarcus seems fine with playing/coaching and you are unable to?
Maybe if you lost some of that "puppy fat" you might be able to lace them up like the good old days!

And Kenny what is with that red towel you wear around your neck when coaching?
If you lost some of that fat you wouldn't need a sweat towel!

Reply #523147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kenny has been hating on everyone, mornington shouldn't feel special

Reply #523158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe people should support the club instead of bringing so much hatred into it

Reply #523657 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

A lot of hate for 'The Saviour' of Western Ports program. Perhaps Kenny should stop hating on everyone elses program and worry about his own; but that wouldn't be Kenny he can't help spruik about anything he is involved in cause of his insecurity of lossing. Karma has a way of leveling people; it will come through one day

Reply #523686 | Report this post

change of guard  
Years ago

Agree there is way too much hatred; starts at the top. The energy and passion starts at the top and unfortunately the Breakers committee has an agenda that is not club orientated; it's catered towards individuals and their kids. If the committee bothered to stop and build a basketball club rather than build their own ego's it would be a great club to be around. At the moment alot of talk about being anywhere else but here which is sad for a club with so many passionate people.
Committee; get out amongst the people and ask questions; especially of those you dont know and hope they are as honest as they are when talking around the club.

Reply #523736 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Well hate or no hate, Berry is now gone. Not sure if the new direction of the MDBA is going to work out for the better, but time will tell.

Reply #523908 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Lets hope they honoured the terms of his contract or part there of.I wish him all the best in the future.

Reply #523915 | Report this post

Let's hope  
Years ago

Financially the club is going well they tell us on the website, then they remove Berry by making his position redundant with some cock and bull story. Sorry but I smell a rat, I have seen this all to often in companies wishing to move people on when they don't follow a dictator (president). You make the position redundant and use some smoke and mirrors to disguise the same position under a different banner with some different labels. You have now condemned first year rep coaches to having no sounding board, the smart move would be to let him finish the season out so that all would keep face. Now you will create a divid, the committee did what they had to and Berry has done enough to deserve to finish out the season.
I hope things work out cause there were a lot of unhappy people with the committee prior to this and if it backfires it could escalate into something it shouldn't, I hope they have a plan and are not winging it.
Good luck to Berry and his family in the future.

Reply #523928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a link to this news? Cannot find.

Reply #523932 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Yep, google "Mornington Basketball" and then look on their MAIN PAGE!!!

Reply #523935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.morningtonbasketball.com.au/restructure-of-mdbas-coaching-program-fulltime-coaching-director/

Reply #523938 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Good luck DeMarcus. Your probably best leaving a club like that!

Reply #523939 | Report this post

Petra  
Years ago

Why would you "restructure" like that just as VJBL are getting into full swing and the Big V right into their season?

Does anyone know why the timing had to be now?

Reply #523942 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Cannot comment on the timing, but the move had to be made so I guess now is as good/bad a time as any. Don't think the move to outsource there player/coach development is the best move, you need someone that is going to be on the ground all the time and keeping a constant eye on everything, however the move is for the better compared to what was currently taking place.

What I think the club now needs to do is start looking for a full time Director of Coaching (an actual coach, not an import pretending to be one), someone who is going to take the club to the next level, plenty of good people out there that could do it, and a good handful living on the peninsula. The price to get someone capable of doing the role would be vastly cheaper than that of the previous set up, and I suspect the club easily has enough room in their budget going off what they have published recently.

Some food for thought!

Reply #523943 | Report this post

Years ago

Rumour has it the committee will be moving a number of players on as well. The committee is not happy with the team that was selected.

Reply #523946 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Be interesting to know was the review conducted by the committee or did they bring in a 3rd party?

Reply #523966 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Good to hear the committee is selecting the team, the way it should be lol

Reply #523968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure all these local players and coaches that supposedly hide out Peninsula way will be jumping over each other to get in now. :/ This is not a good look at all. Off season is where this should have been. How bad could it all really be that this needs to be pulled now?

Reply #523977 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Tail wagging the dog...

Reply #523981 | Report this post

Mad Hatter 3.0  
Years ago

Petra & anon#523977 - Agree Timing why now? - especially as they have won 2 of the 3 games. If there were issues shouldn't they have been sorted before the season. New coach - who would want that challis - how long before the next one goes. How would demarcus play under another coach now - and most clubs have their imports - what opporunites has he been left with. Wether you like or dislike him it has left him with little choice. Would have to think they have others already waiting in the wings, to make changes at this time. Interested to see what,who & how. Or are the commmittee going to do all the sorting & selecting - like thye did with the jnrs - with their vast backeball experience and expertise as aready demonstrated.

Reply #524058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On particular committee member wants to see a number of players go as they feel time to get rid of the "dead wood"

Reply #524075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That committee member has timing issues.

Reply #524113 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Think it is more than just one committee member that has those issues

Reply #524134 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

By the sounds of it that is,also don't sctually know what's going on there

Reply #524135 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Timing is poor.Three weeks into the season and there 2 and 1.Not sure what there thinking...Be interesting to see who stays and goes.

Reply #524137 | Report this post

Tex Mex  
Years ago

To be honest I thought they were on track to play finals this year. Oh well another season lost because the committee want to be power hungry!

Reply #524147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doubt they will win another game

Reply #524149 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

As i said to a couple of Big V coaches last night they would want to get the next phase right or there could be a new committee.

Reply #524156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will be lucky to field a team this weekend. I smell a forfeit coming and that is going to look horrible for the club. BIG V has a 5/6 month offseason, plenty of time to get your house in order. Very poor form by the club, like Berry or hate him the way they have handled this is crazy.

Reply #524157 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754