Damien R Venning
Years ago

Eagles @ Flames

A very entertaining night at Marden on Saturday Night. The Lady Flames looked a very distinct class above Forestville, and the final score was very generous to the Wayville Winged Women. Still this was match up good to watch and I was glad I went. Lately, Sport is often the opposite of what it should be, with a win at all costs mentality. But it was extremely refreshing seeing Jess Foley attend to an injured Morgan Yaeger on court. The Men provided everything the crowd came for with some stunning on court work that kept the crowd interested all night. For all the critics of BSA and the Premier League, there is a lot that some very dedicated people are doing right, and my family will be going back to a lot more games this year.

Topic #36819 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jess Foley is a class act all the way, a very talented and well grounded young woman

Reply #523312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the flip side it will be very interesting to see how the male eagles go picking up probably the 2 most selfish players out there. It was disgraceful how one of them carried on Saturday night, the sooner he gets a one way ticket out of Adelaide the better.

Reply #523315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yaeger injured? Does that impact the U/18 state team or is she okay?

Reply #523350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sims will be given his marching orders once Doyle returns - the kid is a headcase and an embarrassment to the league.

Reply #523352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes I agree Sims has some real issues with his mental approach to the game.
Speak to the Woodville folk and they were glad to see the back of him.

I would have thought that Al Green or Simmons would be offering Sims council on his behaviour.
Not a good look for the kid himself if has aspirations to play at a higher level.

Reply #523366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Al Green and Andy Simons giving advice on bad behavior. Would be like James Hird giving advice on supplements

Reply #523391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed
With Al Green and Andy Simmonsville providing behaviour advice, it would like putting the lunatics in charge of the asylum

Reply #523438 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

Damien
You are correct it was a good night. Bad result for me.
Watching Jess attend to an injured Forestville player was great.
Norwood had a good crowd and it was really good to see the Men sing the song in a circle with some of their fans in the middle of the court after the game.

Reply #523511 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:22 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754