The truth
Years ago

Port Lincoln Selection Camp

Out of the names mentioned in the Advertiser who has best chances based on Prior performances Before the Camp..

Shane Mcdonald
Micheal Zorich
Josh Wood
Jye Watson
Brad Bungey
Matt Sutton
Ben Madgen

dose anyone have any info Shane Mcdonald ... The rest of the players Mention are currently playing in the Local Comp ...

Topic #3682 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shane McDonald is a Vic Country kid from Horsham I think. Has been over in college for the last couple of years. Quick point guard, who can score.

Reply #42895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would think it would be between Zorich, Watson and Bungey. These guys could all add something to the sixers training sessions.

Reply #42900 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How tall is Zorich?

Would Sutton and Wood maybe be more suited to the NBL?

Reply #42916 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

zorich is about 6'4, 6'3 combo gaurd so he can play were ever they need him at 2 or 1 spots. personaly i think that he would be better suited than Sutton or Wood.

Reply #42944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry if this is a silly question, but is there a reason why jingles isn't at the camp? is he too young or whats the go?

Reply #42945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jingles is still at the tute. wood would be great for the NBL

Reply #42948 | Report this post

Pablo  
Years ago

the three should be hambour, zorich and watson, even though i feel watsons game lacks a lot to compete at that level, it canm be said for all candidates and think that is the best three.

Reply #42951 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

ive Noticed that a large Number of the players are from teams not playing in the finals...Are some players not going due to finals...if so are they still up for a chance to make the squad ... what about players like bungey and sutton a whole week of pretty intense training wont leave alot in the tank for the finals ...

Reply #42965 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

i am a huge tigers fan, but i dont think wood is good enough for nbl...however he is going to play college in america in about a months time, and i think he has the frame and athletic ability to build a lot on his game, and who knows what will happen in 3 or 4 years time when he comes back.

Reply #42969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pablo, just curious... In your opinion, what is it that Jye lacks in his game to compete in the NBL?? I am not too sure about Shane McDonald... have never seen him play, but i would think Jye is a good bet for a chance to join the 6ers squad

Reply #42973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why is wood tryin to make the 6ers squad if he's goin to play in tha states?

Reply #42977 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Bungey was very impressive against the Bearcats. Really solid post moves, good rebounder and very aggressive. Always looking to dunk and block. No layups when he's around the rim..

Reply #43006 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yer but mentally he's a nutcase doc. Awesome player athletically, but right now there's no way he could play NBL. Not to say that he won't ever but I think it's taken an extraodinary amount of time and patience for the Eastern coaches and players to get him playing the way he is now. Phil doesn't want to be a babysitter.

Reply #43027 | Report this post

The Neer  
Years ago

Shane McDonald played for Albury in the East Conference of the SEABL. A small quick guard that is instant offence when he steps on the court. Would not have the size that Ziggy (Zorich) would have a good shooter when he gets hot. Has that Vic attitude that always seems to help.

Reply #43148 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Any thoughts on what position Ingles would play in the NBL?

How old is Zorich?

All good candidates.

Reply #43150 | Report this post

The Neer  
Years ago

Ziggy Zorich is 21 this year. he would b a great pick-up.

Reply #43270 | Report this post

Road Warrior  
Years ago

I thought McDonald showed a little promise when he played against the Pioneers in the Mount this season. In the sixers programme could develop....

Reply #43489 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754