Jack Toft
Years ago

NBL team poised to join the NBA?

I hear that after over 18 months of secret behind the scenes negotiations, a multi-million dollar proposal is currently being finalised by the NBA who look set to squeeze Australia's most successful basketball club into the NBA.

The Pussies look set to become the first non-North American team to join the NBA. A perfect birthday present for Jack. The bid has the support of other NBA clubs who see an Australian leg of a series as a perfect way to promote the game to us "down under" and to give their players an opportunity to cuddle koalas and pat kangaroos in between games.

Pussycats spokesman Mick Marlin is reported to have said "We have outgrown our competition and thought our future lay in Asia, but when you’re as good as us, you need to compete in the best league in the world"

Great boost in the arm for Aussie sport! I might even start to follow them and call them my #1 basketball team.

Topic #36821 | Report this topic

Curtley  
Years ago

Link?

Reply #523320 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Although I suspect you're taking the piss out of Perth. Nice one Jack Toft

Reply #523322 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

https://twitter.com/JackToft/status/582905643259953152

Reply #523323 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Jack's dealer sprayed his stash with Aeorogard

Reply #523328 | Report this post

:  
Years ago

Can anyone confirm TODAYS DATE

Reply #523330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

April 1st....

Reply #523332 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I pity the fools...

Reply #523334 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Well done Jack.

Reply #523338 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

$5,000 per flop might be affordable for Chris Paul but I think Redhage might be a bit pressed to cover the damage on his salary.

Reply #523358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still remember Derek's Ozhoops classic April Fools Day jokes that many fell for. This was a bit too obvious.

Reply #523400 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Yeah this one had April Fools written all over. I liked the 36ers Paul pierce one though.

Reply #523406 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:41 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754