Anonymous
Years ago

Exum in beast mode

12 assists!! Damn that's pretty impressive!

Topic #36836 | Report this topic

GWB  
Years ago

Yeah, it's pretty good. Ingles got 12 points.

Reply #523583 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

GWB would you still have Gliddon over Exum in the Boomers team? :P

Reply #523592 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I merely raised the question. But if you're talking about who is the best fit right this moment and would help us ensure a win. Yes, Gliddon over Exum til such point as he becomes more aggressive.

Reply #523599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would you put Goulding ahead of gliddon at sg? Or is gouldings defence an issue?
Gilddons ability to play point if necessary is a bonus.

Reply #523601 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Goulding would undoubtedly get a camp invite. But it looks like he is in fairly poor form at the moment. Between Gliddon and Goulding (at this moment) Gliddon would be my pick. We play pretty decent team defence, and can surely account for one or two average defenders in our team. So this wouldn't be why Gliddon gets a spot over Goulding. It has more to do with Goulding being a "form player" and actually needing a lot of shots to be productive. Gliddon is going to take what the D gives him. He doesn't seem to "disappear" on court, and is pretty good from beyond the three. He provides a lot more than just points in a bunch - as important as points obviously are. Gliddon over Goulding unless Goulding finds blistering form

Reply #523602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about McCarron, Give him a shot? He's stats are fantastic and he looks to be descent defender. Size might be an issue and the jump from d2 to internationals.

Reply #523604 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Maybe in the training camp. But I can't think of any player likely to be selected whose spot I would give to Mccarron. Delly? Mills? Newley? Broekhoff? possibly Goulding/Gliddon? Exum? No... I wouldn't expect he would warrant a position above any of those players.

Reply #523610 | Report this post

shootingblanks  
Years ago

Nice game by Dante. It's encouraging that the majority of his assists originated from aggressive drives. Not sure why the Nuggets kept overplaying him as a scoring threat when he's clearly avoiding that option, but he still needed to drive the lane and make the pass in traffic. Hopefully he can build on this over the next couple weeks to close out the season.

Reply #523613 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Here's some more analysis of Exum's performance:

Exum's career high displays some fine playmaking indeed

Reply #523622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You under estimate how much better he is going to be after a full season of nba. His defense is through the roof. He is our future at PG, SG and even SF if need be... Haters got stop hating

Reply #523623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum is ok I guess but he is no Gliddon. Come on ppl!

Reply #523629 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Lol. Well, when Exum plays like a scared little girl in most games.. he will be outplayed by people who lack his god given talent. Yes?

Reply #523630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GWB, take it easy, your talking about a kid who is going to be awesome. His potential alone already puts him in that team over Gladden haha

Reply #523646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard on the radio they said Exum was last ranked in the NBA for point guards. Just shows what a useless piece of rubbish the stats ratings are.

Reply #523649 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

He was actually ranked 30th out of all STARTING point guards in the NBA - not out of all point guards.

Reply #523658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Putting Gliddon in over Dante would have ben like playing Luke Kendall over Patty Mills when he first played for the Boomers. It's crazy that people think he "is playing like a scared little girl" for a 19 year old starting in the NBA. Of the other 19 years olds in the NBA this season here is the run down

Dante Exum- 1559 minutes
Aaron Gordon - 590 minutes - admittly injured but drafted ahead of Dante and averaging 5pts and 3rbds
Noah Vonleh - 109 minutes - played in 16 games
James Young - 308 minutes - 26% for 3 and was drafted as a shooter
Damian Inglis - 0 minutes - hasn't played

He is going to be fine in the NBA and if he can stay injury free could be an All-star.

He isn't perfect. I personally would like to see him look to score more rather than always pass as it becomes a little predictable some times. Also, his 12 assists was good, but it was against the Nuggets and if you watch the highlights the perimeter defence from Denver was terrible. Against top teams in the NBA he isn't getting that much space in the lane.

Reply #523677 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I agree with everyone, huge fan of Gliddon and agree that Dante is going to be a megastar but I think (and I include Blanchfield in this too) it would be great to see these guys be more aggressive with ball in hand... If they play for Boomers then they will be used off he bench and we need them to be that spark off the bench

Expecting Broekhoff to be our main spark but the more options that Lemanis has then the more confidence hopefully the team can play with

Reply #523787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are we talking gliddon at sg or pg mainly?
Wasn't his 3pt% pretty poor this year?

Broekhoff is the standout.
Mills has been poor of late.
Goulding has been poor, also a liability on defence.
Can't put ingles at sg. Too slow against other guards.
madgen? Not sold.
Drmic. Would have been good to see at camp.

If we are talking outside shooters, who can handle the ball and defend. On stats alone McCarron is well ahead. Just need to put him in camp to see how vast the difference is between d2 and Nbl.

Reply #523788 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Geez, I had to go back a long time to find a Dante Exum Beast Mode thread to bump :p

Anyway nice game today.

Aussies in NBA: Dante Exum scores career-high

Reply #630727 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Speaking of Aussies in Beast Mode, Patty has 21 at half time.
He always seems to dominate whenever Pop rests the starters.

Reply #630729 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

More opportunity Hendo

Reply #630730 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Delly among the top scorers for Bucks as well.
Dante was terrific - really aggressive which was good to see.

Good day for the Aussies

Reply #630733 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Nah, McCarron is more beast, couldn't miss a free throw even if he tried too ;)

Reply #630790 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:49 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754